Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Menotyou Journeyman

Sorry you can't get on =(
  2. Vildayve New Member

Meh, definitely not your fault lol.

I should probably do something productive like clean my house, but gonna give it another 20 mins before I jump into that.

Are you able to get on? If so, get off the forum lol, go do your dailies or something haha.
  3. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

4. Menotyou Journeyman

Worked once and got booted...now getting those patcher errors.
  5. maverick Elder

Nvm I am not on , it let me get to server select, but then couldn't connect to patch server
  6. Slasher Augur

7. Menotyou Journeyman

8. Baeddon Elder

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=nu389TUN You can copy and paste this into your hosts file. You can update your DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS), and renew/release IP in windows and some combination of that should get you into EQ.
  9. Gryphthys New Member

ROFLMAO just came back after 10 years away it is good to see that things have changed not one damn bit, I remember the night they launched the first expansion what a laugh riot well folks it’s good to be sort of, kind of, almost back home :p
  10. Zariel New Member

I just changed DNS on my computer and that fixed the problem.
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Bprumbpee New Member

I have tried most of the solutions in here, and none of them has worked so far. This one, however, did the trick (via Machen in the General Tech forum):

A quick workaround for people who can't get online.

Go into your network connection properties, under Internet Protocal Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

Include one of the following under "Use the following DNS server addresses:"

These are sony's DNS servers. It will resolve the EQ related domain names for you.

You'll also want to include something like opendns.org's dns server for resolving other names.

Otherwise you will be able to get to Sony's stuff but nothing else on the internet.

You may need to do ipconfig /flushdns after this.

You'll also want to reset this to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" in a day or so.
  12. Mythaniel Elder

Here ya go folks...

Set DNS servers manually.

Windows XP: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
    right click on the connection your using, click TCP/IPv4, click Properties. Click the circle for Use the following DNS server addresses then manually put in DNS servers listed below.

Windows 7: Open Computer, Right click Network, Choose properties. Click Change Adapter Settings on the left. Right click the NIC you are using. Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click properties. Click the circle for "Use the following DNS server addresses. Manually put in the DNS servers listed below.

Preferred DNS Server; 64.37.129.11
    Alternate DNS Server 8.8.8.8

Click OK

Launch EQ
    Vildayve likes this.
  13. reijo New Member

somebody at S.O.E needs to look up the definition of intermittent.
  14. fuzzykiwi New Member

15. Vildayve New Member

Laughed so hard at this haha. Omg that was a brilliant use of that clip.

Anyway, have tried most of these work arounds, except the few that were just posted but I give up for now. Gonna go clean the house a bit, hopefully be able to get on when I get back. Good luck everyone.
  16. Zandal Lorekeeper

Everquest.com would be harder to defend, but something like SOE.com would be much easier. Smith Organization Enterprises, or any other business name or potential business name with the acronym SOE would be defensible imho.
  17. Vildayve New Member

This actually worked for me, when nothing else has. So if all else fails give this a shot guys.
  18. Marlon1957 Augur

I have not been able to log in all day I hope this is fixed soon
  19. Aaly New Member

This is kinda irritating i just started playing again after about 4-5 years actually having some fun and this happens .... sigh please just get it working all around
  20. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

The alternate dns that worked for me was 8.8.4.4

Everything else was spot on for me.