Instance Raids..Please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moonii, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Syrup Augur

I want to add a smile and a selfie stick to the Mona Lisa.
    I don't see a problem making modern upgrades to a classic.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Grab photoshop and do it. No one is stopping you.
  3. lalaloup Augur

People aren't likely to be that honest with people they care about.

I think I left shortly before DoN when my alt-turned-main got her epic. Had extremely bad luck with phinny, like 20+ kills and nothing. Logged in one day and the epic was just there.

After that I was pretty much done. The only thing keeping many around at that point through all the game design and art changes was the people, and the people had killed it for me. My character was no longer a character, but a guild commodity. Which was, for me, extremely boring.

But I never mentioned that to anyone.
  4. Syrup Augur

Why, when I could mess with the original.
  5. King Dedede Elder

The sad part is all this should have been hashed out before the Ragefire / Lockjaw. They could have done one fully instanced / slow pace... and the other your DPS /fast the other side wants.

We all know they have a limited staff / budget. The lack of foresight / planning is what seems to be killing DBG to me; along with the never ending flip flopping on stuff. (ie; Enforced rotations then not)

Add a 3rd server that is fully instanced / slow pace and let those who want that migrate over.
  6. Lee81 Augur

When Holly announced the possibility of a new server and raid instancing, I /facepalmed. Now, we have plenty of people who are going to lose all of that investment. lol The servers were already close to resembling a modern MMO. They just created an external method to replace instancing.
    Shadowslain likes this.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You don't own the original, feel free to setup an and you can dictate change at any time you want. Grab a checkbook and call up DBG then you can request any change you feel like.
  8. Syrup Augur

You don't think people would like me screwing with the mona lisa?
    Making changes to a classic wouldn't sit well with people?
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

When you own it you are free to do what you like with it, if you really are worried about what others think that is a different topic.

Had a neighbor a block away in Laguna about 6 years ago build a monster home, whole neighborhood was up in arms....because his plans included a large building for his car collection. City / County told those upset neighbors write him a check and shut up if you don't want him building his dream home there.

Neighbors shut the hell up lol.....
  10. Syrup Augur

Ahhh so ownership dictates how changes would be recieved.... or are you just poorly tip toeing around the point.

Messing with a classic results;
    [IMG]
  11. Jaxarale01 Augur

Looks good to me
    /shrug
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ownership does dictate what you can do with something. The museum that owns the painting is free and clear to do what they like. They are entrusted by a board which makes decisions based on their own criteria. Those decisions reflect their own standards and morals. If they publicly do something with a large outcry they need to weigh their future fundraising / donations of arts against that.

If you understood this you'd understand why DBG will make any decision that reflects their customers in the best fashion. Even if I don't agree with their choice I'm free to let an opinion be spoken. If I don't like their decision I'm free not to play their product. You are as well.
    Lee81 likes this.
  13. lalaloup Augur

You point would be better suited to a game that isn't already the star wars special edition equivalent of mmo's.
  14. Dojii Augur

I like how this thread has a dash of art and existentialism intertwining.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
  16. Syrup Augur

Property rights trump free will guys!
    You heard it here first!

Altering a classic to appease a tiny fraction of their player base (the proven quitters and crybabys) is in poor form.
  17. lalaloup Augur

Every group has their dedicated crybabies.

People just don't see it as crying when it's something they agree with. They convince themselves its just good sense. ;p

edit: which is about 90% of these boards
  18. Vaclav Augur

That is and I'm quoting here: "a piece with no historical or artistic importance" please don't use it as an example of classical art receiving a proper restoration.

And for a piece on some significant ones - for example "altering the Mona Lisa" - you know if and when it's properly restored it would hardly appear recognizable anymore?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/10/famous-artworks-different_n_6101952.html

Sometimes restorations bring things closer to the reality of what was originally intended than allowing them to deteriorate and not adapt to the times. Even in classical art as you cared to move to analogies of.

[PS - Don't think I knew most of those in advance, I found that article while looking for the one point I knew re: the Mona Lisa, and found the rest of the article fascinating - although I did know 4/6 as well]
  19. Vaclav Augur

Crybaby's over instancing being something that will scare him away - lambastes those that want it as crybabies.

You can't make this stuff up folks.
    Aneuren likes this.
  20. Syrup Augur

Quote where i said i would leave if instancing happened.

Oh wait i never said that, the forum's resident bold face liar strikes again.