Instance Raids..Please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moonii, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Astral - TR Elder

This, coming from the guild who played the largest part in ending the rotation.
  2. Finley Augur

Again, you're trying to attack me and my guild instead of discussing instancing; which is what the thread is about. It's a lazy form of arguing that is easy to see through.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  3. Dojii Augur

This is another prime example of why instancing should be involved. Even if it's just "light instancing" of VP/TOV esque content. The shaming and bullying that goes on in end game is beyond toxic. That's what destroyed the rotation.

Back to the "competition" that's going on. On live in April 24, 2000 Ruins of Kunark was released. About 7 months after (28 weeks ish) December 5, 2000 Scars of Velious was released. Back then Trakanon was on a week timer (correct me if I'm wrong?) so basically throughout the entirety of a true "classic" experience a guild probably only killed Trakanon maybe 30 times until Velious.

That's already happened (first time with 25 mages>?) on Ragefire. While yea there has been this "dps race" and "mobilization race".... it's also been in one of the most awkwardly configured formats, certainly not even remotely classic.

At this point this "competition" isn't really helping the server. It's making it un-enjoyable for many. I don't think that Daybreak wants everyone at their necks for the next 5 years, chaos and /bloodbath all over the forums. I thought PVP server had drama. Here people hate each other for no reason at all.
  4. jeskola pheerie

That is the draw for many people. Instanced raids would probably drive off as many subs as the current "toxicity". There is a reason population drops sharply after POP...
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

People like me will quit because we originally quit @ luclin or the expansion right after.
    I only know of 1 person in our little group that went past that expansion and continued on.
  6. Sinnresa New Member

Instancing was always a matter of when and not if. Anyone who think it's not also coming to at least one of RF/LJ is delusional. At best ragefire escapes being non instanced. Unless the new nobox unlocks at Velious level and allows transfers. Then both of those servers will just die.
  7. Edrixx Lorekeeper

Unless you're a DBG employee, your post is nonsense. Let me guess, you're pro instancing right? Would explain why you think that way.

Since I'm anti instancing, I'll rephrase exactly what you wrote in my stance.

Instancing was never going to happen. Anyone who thinks it's coming to RF/LJ is delusional. At best the new server will have instanced raid content. It's no secret that instancing raid content kills the population.

Which one is more true? My guess is mine as your suggesting that a radical change to servers that had the framework of non instanced and non rotation. There hasn't been ONE thing said or done to prove your position. However my position has been in place since server launch and is still in place today.
    Pikallo likes this.
  8. Urshulgi Augur

The population drops sharply after PoP because after you've killed all the Gods, everything after that point is just stat inflation and made up enemies. There are people on live with over 14,000 aaxp. During PoP, if you had more than 150 you were considered to be in pretty good shape. It had nothing to do with instancing, and everything to do with people feeling like they had done everything they cared to do. I was in the top raid guild on Vallon Zek when GoD came out. The sense of wonder and enthusiasm was definitely gone soon afterwards. The game began shedding population after that because a new and exciting game had just come out called World of Warcraft. Once again, it had nothing to do with instancing, and everything to do with a new game and a feeling that all of the content worth doing had been completed.

Once you've killed Solusek Ro, Xegony, etc., it's hard to get jazzed up about taking down Erijeeijhxxyui, Lord of Q'vic or whatever.

I want instanced content because I prefer to schedule my gaming sessions around my real life. I'm not in the raid game yet, but I will be soon enough.

On Vallon Zek, we had no raid rotations because whoever could kill the competition got to kill the big pve mobs. Talking about how you like competition when you're playing on a PvE server is laughable.
  9. Finley Augur

For all we know the population drops because of high top end guilds have chosen to play on TLP servers in the past and instancing could fix that. Any reason given for the population drop is a guess at best, even mine.

Personally I loved GOD on Vulak but quit because my guild had bullied everyone off the server, the guild leader quit, and the new leadership was awful. I had nowhere to go so I quit.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Eilad Lorekeeper

You quiting soon ?
  11. Finley Augur

Very funny :p
  12. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

There are actually some pretty great reasons in your case.
  13. Sinnresa New Member

Not at DBG no but I do work in the industry. So allow me to tell you what's happening right now.

Financing, producers, management etc have all seen how much money they've gotten out of TLP. They've all also seen the dwindling subscription numbers and krono sales. They see these numbers decreasing. They are also aware of malcontents and the general attitude on the forums making the entire mess appear toxic to any one looking to check it out. Prospective players come to these forums and are scared away. All of these things are not good. This was always where the server was heading. The population is just too large to sustain. The rotation was a bandaid at best and they even ripped that off. Daybreak wants too hold onto that largeness.

In the next few weeks those numbers are going to dip even further. They're going to see less people logging into the servers, staying in for less time and decreased sales. This all leads to management coming down and applying more pressure. This pressure has only one viable solution for relief. Do you know what that is? I'll give you a hint, you're against it.

LJ and potentially ragefire will be instanced within a month after nobox server releases. Quote me, book it take it to the bank etc. It's donezo. The primary opposition to instancing are in two guilds and I'm sorry but producers don't care at all about your "competition" they just want to continue scraping money.
    Agrippa, Finley, Zurd and 2 others like this.
  14. -wycca Augur

You're wrong.
  15. Protocol Dragon Defender

I'm excited for instancing, I hope we get it before the nobox tbh. It would be ideal to see it just drop with Kunark on Lockjaw.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Finley Augur

How long was Trakanon's respawn when Kunark first launched?
  17. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Could be wrong, but I believe Trak was 5. Moreover, he would've been popping on the patch days which seemed to happen a lot more frequently.
  18. Eilad Lorekeeper

i recall weeks with frequent crash resulting in a of dragon kills :D
  19. Lee81 Augur

Um, EQ was pretty dead long ago because WoW released. This game is just skating by. People left this game for a heavily instanced game.
  20. -wycca Augur

He was 3 days. Additionally they had alot more patches, server crashes, and even zone crashes back then.
    Aegir likes this.