Instance Raids..Please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moonii, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Lee81 Augur

You're making me laugh.
  2. toddv New Member

I say until his parents tell him to get out of their house
    lockjaws, Dreamcoil and frankie78227 like this.
  3. Syrup Augur

Yikes, does your bum hurt from pulling those numbers out?
    Or do you really think hyperbole makes a valid argument, like the other pro-instancers who posted after you seem to think?
  4. Lee81 Augur

He ha ha hee hee ho hee hee
  5. Vaclav Augur

You think most anti-instance people that say instancing ruins the game will last long once instancing is the norm in GoD+?

Whereas proinstancing people have no predetermined "probably quit" point.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'd think the vast majority of the TLP playerbase falls into this already committed to quitting the game early classification, so yeah....how many TLP servers actually got caught up to the current game with any significant population to join the rest of the playerbase? The folks from RoI come to mind. There was like 1-2 guilds on Vox that made it to the end? Fippy stopped like 2-3 exp behind? Was Mayong even close? Vulak? Lul

A better argument for continuing to focus resources on the actual current game instead of the endless Crash and burn TLP cycle could not be stated. Thank you sir~
  7. Syrup Augur

I say the pro-instancers will quit LOOOONG before GoD...

Do you know how raids on live work right now (instanced raids)?
    1 raid night a week to clear ALL content then 6 days of do nothing till timers reset.
    Live is hemorrhaging players with that model.

But still you think applying that same model to the progression servers is a good idea for some reason.

Instancing will push players away even faster than the current model.
  8. Numiko Augur

what have Vox and Mayong got to do with anything? neither one was a progression server.
    I am pretty sure Fippy is still advancing, though just one guild is raiding there.
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I doubt that. First, it's unlikely that most guilds would do all raid content in one night. Second, this isn't like live, you'd probably have some guilds splitting into teams like we saw on Fippy during mainly the PoP and GoD eras, giving players even more to do during the week.

But more importantly, there is no evidence to suggest that live would have any more of a stable population if those complex events were open world free for all. Based on what you see on these servers, you would probably see the opposite.

I'm not quite sure what slippery slope you fear from instancing. Instancing is the number one way of removing the problems that are endemic on these servers. The upcoming server is being heralded as a no-box server, instancing isn't the point - it's just a nice side benefit - but players shouldn't be forced to start over for them to take advantage of instancing, especially if the work is being done to create those instances. When the developers were pressed here on the forums about instancing, they said the bar to implementation was the resources necessary to develop the instances. Remove that bar, and there is no single good reason not to instance on these servers.

Leave the open world content FFA for those that want to compete. If it's the superior model, surely you will have all of the competition you can stomach. According to your claims, free for all targets attract players. So back that up, silence your opposition and let the facts show which is the more popular method.
  10. Lee81 Augur

Live is also 21 and soon to be 22 expansions from classic EQ. It is long past its glory days. It is an irrelevant comparison. Why don't you use an example of a younger MMO like FFXIV or WoW? Players returned to experience EQ within its glory days. Not the 21st or 22nd expansion. Given the opportunity to succeed, they will stick around for a while. If you put up a wall, then it may weed them out one by one.
  11. Urshulgi Augur

Live isn't hemorrhaging players because of instancing. They lost most of their players years ago, and there's a certain point in everyone's gaming life where every new expansion looks more or less the same. That point came with GoD and beyond for Everquest. That's why many people on the TLPs are interested in reliving the glory of the content up through PoP, and that's it.

They're not going to stop after PoP because of instancing, they're going to stop after PoP because they don't give a flying froglok about the content after that point.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You just made this thread worth living.
    Urshulgi and lockjaws like this.
  13. Vaclav Augur

Comparing 15+ years of entropy on servers that started with 2-3k players to ones starting with 5k with 1-2 yrs of entropy.

Excellent reasoning. /rolleyes.

I'll be sure to start telling teens to get cancer screenings, after all cancer kills people.
    oldkracow likes this.
  14. Syrup Augur

No i'm saying when people only need to log in once a week - they are not immersed and will lose interest quickly.
    Compound that with the ease of content in classic, and no feeling of accomplishment (omg i got a CoF on my 8th alt! cause 20+ drop per week now between all the instances)

It's going to fizzle out at an alarming pace.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Compared to the general drama and one guild imploding within a week after official support for rotations is pulled by Daybreak? I highly doubt instanced content would be any worse for these servers. I'm not sure what your argument here is - that non-instanced pure FFA content is more healthy for a server's population and community? You draw evidence for that claim from where???
  16. Lee81 Augur

And that's FFXIV and WoW right now. Last I heard, they have hundreds of thousands or millions of subscribers.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Not the doomsday speech.... I'll enjoy instance content, the 4 friends that quit TLP will be coming back for instanced content.

People who never attempted content because they were in a small guild and need to schedule 7 days ahead to get everyone online to even make an attempt will enjoy the content.

Don't worry you are free not to join the server and burn out as you claim everyone will... LOL
  18. Syrup Augur

3 rounds of progression servers and 16 years of standing content.
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

To be totally fair to Syrup, you can't really compare FFXIV to EQ, the graphics are superior and the gameplay is far different. WoW has its own set of unique circumstances that draw widespread appeal.

But the central issue - whether instancing is harmful or hurtful to the population of these servers - it's really hard to see how that is even a question.
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

None of the progression servers ever had classic era instancing, they don't support your premise. There are too many factors surrounding the GoD + later expansions to draw conclusions for how instancing would impact the current server populations and community. All we have is what we can see now and how uninstanced content impacts our server - overwhelmingly negatively.
    kraggnar likes this.