Instance Raids..Please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moonii, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Moonii Elder

Daybreak..please reconsider instancing raid content. Taking away the rotation has again left content monopolized.

Difficulty of the raid content is no longer valid, its about who can field a raid force the fastest.

It has been impressive watching how TL can mobilize, but at some point it'd be nice to be able to log in after work and kill something worth killing. This is not 2001,2003,2005..etc. Many of your subscribers work soul-sucking 9-5 and cannot put in the time we did as teenagers or college students.

If you won't/can't instance for Kunark, at least consider it for Velious and Luclin.

End the unnecessary drama that has been created on these servers. The rotation was working just fine on RF till you pulled the plug.
    Dojii, lockjaws, Finley and 1 other person like this.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Totes thought this was going to be for Lockjaw.

We need instanced content too please.
    Finley and rekais910 like this.
  3. -wycca Augur

I'm fairly sure you'll see instancing on LJ/RF about 2 months after no-box. It's a marketing point that will attract people, and new TLP servers are probably giant cash cows. Ie, it's probably more of a business decision to say it's not coming. In reality....like I said, give it a few months. They won't keep those sort of invested resources on *1* server when it could help retain paying customers on 2 more.

Past that, I do have some quibbles with your points. Difficulty of the content is still valid. We've seen guilds wipe horridly for hours on dragons. Apok on Gore is like that. RoP wiped on Tal. DW on Sev (before killing it). FP on Tal. Rosen on gore (who they got a few weeks later). Rosen on Trak (who they later got). Apok on UDB trak. Apok on Trak. Etc. So apparently, this content isn't quite trivial if guilds are still wiping to it regularly.

I think every raid mob that isn't behind a VP key has been killed by multiple guilds. If you want to login after work and kill something, well, I believe TL has less kills of the 3 outdoor dragons and VS than 2 other guilds at this time (let alone UDB and Fayd, where we're probably under yet another guild overall). So we're probably not going to be the blocker there.

Ergo, these mobs are still difficult for guilds and they're not being monopolized if there's something like 4-5 guilds killing various raid mobs in Kunark. It's no rotation, but it's also not quite the scene you described. Nevertheless, Velious can't come soon enough, there's something like 40 new raid mobs there...
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Do yourself a favor, quit rage or lockjaw.

Wait on new TLP that will instance the raids off the get go.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

Are they starting with Classic + Kunark or just classic any official word on that?

I doubt many want to do classic AGAIN after 3mo for RF natives or 6mo for LJ natives
    lockjaws likes this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'd want classic + kunark to start but I'd guess even a 3 month start in classic + instanced content & raids without all the "I live to play eq" folks tying up the content = most people will be happy.

I've almost sold / gave away most of my gear on all my guys once the news hit even if it's not set in stone. I wouldn't touch a TLP without instanced raids ever again.
    Vaclav and Jaxarale01 like this.
  7. Finley Augur

@First, if they wait to announce instancing on RF/LJ then the people that leave our server for the new server will become invested over there. I have a feeling its going to be a problem.
  8. Orienn TreeHugger

Here's my question if it really is a Anti-box server, why need instances?
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

Probably by popular demand/the new server are going to be the guinea pigs to see how instancing raids works before they potentially ruin the current servers with it.
  10. Orienn TreeHugger

You would think they would do it on these servers with all the chaos.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

Based on the super thread lockjaw has I bet they get it before Ragefire. It sounds kinda peaceful over there for the time being.

But I think they are worried too many people like NO instances (TL in particular quits every time instances are introduced or shortly thereafter) - They can't please everyone of course but I think they want to know how well received it is before sending their two, still thriving, servers to the firing range.
  12. rekais910 Augur

Let's face it. Faceless' leadership was a ticking time bomb of crazy and while there is hope I don't expect any form of reasoning with someone like that. Sometimes crazy breeds crazy.
  13. AlmarsGuides Augur

That's what happens when you have a leader who makes decisions based on emotion rather than logic.
  14. rekais910 Augur

Just to be sure. There wasn't any sarcasm intended there was there?
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

None at all.

Emotion can be a powerful tool if you combine it with logic to fuel your actions, but I have yet to see an analytical side to Darth. Maybe it's the side he keeps hidden from the public but I am more inclined to believe his officers are the analytical ones while his primary driving force is nothing but emotion.

I will admit though this is purely speculation based on solely my own experiences with the man and what I have seen of him in logs/portrayed in the public.
  16. Hendar2 Augur

Even on a no-box server, I think that instances are valuable because content would otherwise be locked down by the largest guild. And while this is classic, it isn't a lot of fun for the majority of the server. There is only so long that people will pay to watch others play the game.

Having said that, I think it is important to reward the guilds who are capable of mobilizing and taking down raid content faster. I have always advocated for keeping open world content non-instanced, in addition to the instanced version. This means that the guilds who are better at FFA content will get twice the kills of the other guilds (assuming the lockouts match the open world spawn times). I could see increasing the open world spawn rates to give these guilds a further bonus. I do not recommend increasing the lockouts: Guilds need some raid content to keep members who want to raid.

Joining the big raiding guild is not a viable solution for most, since there are practical limits to a guild size. Joining a super large guild will mean little or no chance for loot for the average member, even though their guild is killing more frequently. The larger guilds also seem to be in the middle of more drama than the average guild. Those people who just want to come home and see some raid content on occasion do not seem to be a good fit for those larger guilds.

I certainly hope that instancing makes its way to RF/LJ soon. People have a large investment in their characters, and I doubt many would like to redo classic from the beginning. On the other hand, it is important for a new server to start from the beginning, for the benefit of those just starting out.
    Vaclav likes this.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

If they instance raids I think it would be interesting if they did something like still have the mobs spawn out of instance and ALL the loot they drop is droppable.

All loot that comes from INSIDE an instance is NO DROP.

This way it gives you a reason to do both/will still give the best guilds on the server a reason to log on/load up for a dragon pop at the wee hours of the morning.

It's the best way I can think of to please both crowds at the same time with the least amount of arguing possible.
  18. Hendar2 Augur

I agree on no-drop within an instance. Out of the instance, the items should have their normal drop status. I would not make an otherwise no-drop item droppable because it came from an open-world kill. That's the stuff of FV.
    Vaclav likes this.
  19. Jaime Lannister Augur

I'm one of those who despises instances, and never play very long after PoP, same time I quit EQ originally. I don't think down on those who like it, we just like different t things.

I am absolutely for them making whatever kind of no box, full instanced server that you guys want, and hope it does well and is everything you guys want.

For me, an EQ TLP server is currently the only way I can get what I want from an MMO. I've tried darn near all the other mmos on the market. Again, EQ TLP is the only thing that gives myself and many others what they want from an MMO.

Previous TLP servers did not have instancing. These current servers were not advertised with instancing, in fact we were told there would not be any at all. Fippy was absolutely the most fun I've had in an MMO since my original run of EQ. So far Ragefire has been almost as fun, minus all the massive changes they have already made to cater to an older, more casual crowd.

So yea, it feels pretty offensive when I hear people say that the changes already made here aren't enough, that the new server catering to them specifically is not enough, they want all that here, effectively ruining what many people came here for, another round of Fippy. Which is essentially what this server was advertised as.
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

I will never play any mmorpg in history and love it as much as I do EQ if it doesn't have the FV ruleset.

I thought it was silly until I played on FV and man oh man it's the best ruleset EVER.

That of course is purely my opinion and I can understand why people hate it, but, I would like to see everyone give it a try if nothing else.