I Surrender

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Decessus, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aghinem Augur

This is nothing more than a "TBM is impossible for my box team" thread. Heaven forbid that DBG produce content that actually forces real people to work together.
    Silv likes this.
  2. Iila Augur

We did that camp with mage/mage/dru+ 3 clr mercs. Breaking in was a pain with some deaths, but the 8 hours to get two augs was worse.
    Sancus and Silv like this.
  3. Silv Augur

Geez... 3 Cleric mercs?! You too busy outparsing the Mages to heal? ;)
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Dare I ask which aug he drops...?
  5. Iila Augur

Oops, the other Adan, Akkapan Adan. For the caster aug.

DPS mercs seem to live about 2 minutes in TBM for whatever reason. The clerics at least manage to not die too often. Me DPSing and letting a merc heal is like 2-3x more dps than me healing and using a dps merc. And I'm still there to cast emergency heals or cover if the merc dies.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

Oh right. I had to camp him for quite some time to get that aug. While that camp was nasty to get to, Xhut's was infinitely worse.
  7. Decessus New Member

I have just spent most of the day asking for help, spamming LFG for DOF mission, and paying for a TA.
    No luck so far. This is why a lot of people box. Since some people don't seem to understand that.
  8. Sheaffer Augur

Did we ever figure out what classes OP is boxing?
  9. Iila Augur

SK/SHM/MAG/ENC are the classes he's listed.
  10. Mayfaire Augur

That can be one of the results of boxing too much Sometimes you have isolated yourself for so long that you have no network built up of other players who know you and know your abilities. I have found that once people are comfortable that you (universal you) are a good player who knows their class, the LFG part gets faster. Also, I cannot recommend enough finding a good, large guild. Another thing that may help is sitting in the zone of whatever quest you are still needing help for and seeing if any of the groups coming in can use one more.

Good luck!! :)
    Darkark, Agrippa and Silv like this.
  11. Aghinem Augur

^^^^ 500% This.
  12. Agrippa Augur

Bringing a ranger really trivializes this mission. We didn't read up on it and failed the first run not having a kiter. We recruited a ranger for the second run and I think he was able to headshot everything. There were periods where we all running around looking for something to pull. We also had a wizard, mage, druid, and my enchanter, but I don't recall having to mez anything on the second run as they were dying so fast.

@Aghinem: Just curious, but aren't you the guild leader of a casual guild that raids on Firiona Vie. I'm guessing you aren't sporting group gear in many slots, so it should be pretty easy for you. Would you be singing the same tune if you were in full group gear and not spoon fed groups from one of the largest guilds on the server?
    Faana likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

What server is OP on? Just curious since server health is a consideration...

People are always advertising that they need someone for TBM progression stuff on Bristle. Unfortunately, I see Mayfairre begging for groups allllllllll the time in /general so I had to mark her as spam and put her on ignore. ;)
    Mayfaire likes this.
  14. Mayfaire Augur

It's true. I have even resorted to offering cats in bags for groups, and even that doesn't get you to group with mah. I am a lost cause. :D
  15. Silv Augur

You can group with me for 100 Cranky Cats.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  16. Mayfaire Augur

Oh, one other thing - if you are LFG for you and your boxes....well, I wouldn't recommend it. Most people do not want to group with one guy and a bunch of his alts.
    Silv likes this.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

Damn, that's some high priced hookin'...I mean groupin', omg! lol :p:D
    Silv likes this.
  18. Battleaxe Augur

"I have friends that are in the same boat as me, and they're stuck where I am, so i'm not alone"

So, there are others stuck where you are stuck yet you can't get them to work with you and get unstuck???

Must be they aren't all that concerned or they have other sources of help you don't have or you aren't doing that good a job of selling them on creating a group. I'd think even two boxers working together with perhaps 1 non-boxer providing tanking, CC or serious DPS would do better than one guy working alone. (Not that some events might not require 6 players each receiving the full attention of one human at the keyboard).
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I pity the bottom kitteh ;(
    Mayfaire and Silv like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

This seems unlikely. Given her post history I'm sure she's all, "attractive female warrior lfg progression!", to which she received dozens of tells immediately and has her pick of the litter!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.