I Surrender

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Decessus, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decessus New Member

Seriously, I haven't seen anything much I can do in EQ any longer. I was maxed as a grouper from the last expansion, all but my alts. And in an attempt to force people into TBM they totally borked up the prior expac to the point of why bother. So that's out now too. As a grouper/boxer, TBM is simply undoable, and the gear looks like it's silly anyways. Why on earth would I trade a piece of gear (on my Mage) for an extra X amount of mana, losing +Spell Damage in gross quantities, to gain mana I never run out of anyways?
    The named are crazy hard. If it takes 3-5 minutes to drop a named, why in the world would they give it a huge mana drain ability so that your entire group is OOM in 10 seconds?
    Why are the dev's making tasks, missions, quests and named mobs require things like needing 3-4 healers, needing 2 characters with CC ability, needing crazy DPS, needing 2-3 real tanks, requiring all melee DPS, etc.? Seriously...WTH?
    It's almost as if, if your group isn't all sporting raid gear, these things now require mini raids to deal with them. Is DayBreak totally clueless as to how much of their subs are solo boxers, or at least non-raiders?
    Iv'e seen enough. Time to hang it up. There just isn't anything "fun" about logging in to wipe repeatedly (over and over and over) on tier one mobs, and being stuck in progression early on with simply undoable missions.
    It's been said before, and I'll say it again. On the Beta testing, if a merc tank gets smeared repeatedly in the first 2 seconds, a regular grouper tank is gonna have a hard time with it. Seems simple enough to me, but whatever. I always wonder why people choose raid gear to test group content. It's a jaded perspective and their input should be muted.
    But I digress. Been playing since 99. Buhbye...
  2. Faana Augur

For some reason, they went back on their good sense mission to aim the content at middle level groupers and decided to aim it at the people who will finish content in 2 months anyway.

I'm with you. I never asked for anything to be made harder. I just sit in baz and chat.
    Wayylon and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Klak Augur

Game isnt hard at all. You are obv doing something wrong.
  4. Klak Augur

This game isnt hard. Stop saying that. This game is a joke.
  5. Geri_Petrovna Augur

If i can do content, then it's easy. I just came back from a hiatus of approx 10 years, and leveled to 105, my gear is terrible / given to me.

TBM is easy.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Decessus New Member

Go try to kill Arsin the Blaze or Render. If you know a way to tank a named mob with millions of hitpoints, hitting you for over 20k, with no heals or caster DPS let me know. And that's just two named, the list goes on.
    Have you even TRIED the very second group mission in Plane of Health "Defenders of the Faith"? I've been playing this game, and boxing my way through content for almost 16 years. Yes sir, I know how to play.
    Nothing I can do with 3 characters and their mercs can beat this mission. 3 characters and their mercs is supposed to be today's group game. All my characters are max level, group gear, and AAs. I have wiped close to 30 times trying every combination of toons and their mercs, this mission isn't boxable by me, a seasoned boxer/player with max group geared characters. What are you working with that all of this is trivial?
    If your trying to say you are 10 years behind on AAs and in bazaar gear, and this expansion is easy, I call BS. Unless your playing some support class with 5 other well geared/AAd players. Then yea, I guess it would look easy especially if those other 5 are raid geared.
    Wayylon, Corwyhn Lionheart and Faana like this.
  7. Styles Journeyman

Its always the raiders pointing out the game isn't hard. Glad the population is dying out cause the "game isn't hard", won't be long till you top 10 guilds will have nowhere to recruit from, because you know "the game isn't hard".
    Faana, Agrippa and Xeladom like this.
  8. segap Augur

Why no mana for the healer or casters? Clerics, Shaman, Wizards, Necros, Mages and Enchanters all have ways to get mana back really fast. There are also potions, clickies and even vet AA you can tap. Tanks also have discs to deal with no heals for short durations. They're doable. Just use the tools at your disposal.

It took me three tries to get past this one four boxing (none of that third party software crap either). Used tank merc and tank healer. Just have to be quick at picking up the spawns in the first and third phase.

Most of the new content is super easy. Easier than TDS. Some of the group missions really should be done with real groups. They're not required for anything other than checking boxes and getting the completion aug. Honestly, there should be some content that really does require people being social. You can access all the zones and get complete sets of gear without completing a few group missions.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  9. Decessus New Member

First off, those named have DoTs that last two ticks, 600 range, that drain 42,462 HPs and 23,400 mana per tick and they spam it. So unless you know of some potion or AA that can give you 23,400 mana per tick, then no your not going to get any heals or caster DPS of any kind. Now most boxers use cleric mercs for heals so there ya go. And nobody has enough clickies or discs to last through a 5 minute fight...period.
    Second, Ive tried using merc tank and healer. No good. My SK/SHM/Mage combo cannot DPS fast enough for the tank to not get overrun. Ive tried mezzing the adds with my chanter, no good because soon enough theres 8-9 mobs in camp and with a single resist he's toast. Even with 2 nuker mercs, Mage and SHM on full burn, I cannot DPS fast enough to not get at least 4 mobs in camp and 4 12k plus hitters is kind of hard on my SK with a single cleric merc healing him. Boxing or not, I really don't see how even a full group of real groupers could even deal with this mission. But it's way over my head so I gave up
  10. Zehn Lorekeeper

There seem to be an awful lot of people on Cazic playing everyday for the entire "expansion" to be so difficult only raiders can get through the missions with out needing multiples of each class to kill the named. I will concede though Cazic has merged into it both Brell-Sirilus and Fennin Ro, so we prolly have the best groupers in the game here, right?

My god, nothing worse than the "you tweaked the game to hard for me argument". Anything but that please. Honestly, have some integrity. You actually have just told the world the game is too hard for you, make it easier for me.

Suck it up buttercup, rub some dirt on it, chew that glass, and get it done.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Decessus New Member

But what I really dislike, is people saying "there's a lot you can still do, that's just one mission". It's progression, and im stuck before I even got started very good. Who wants to stay in tier 1 fooling around because that's all your able to do? That mentality means that you paid $30 for an "expansion" that already should have just been a freebie or at the very least maybe a $15 add-on, and now your only limited to the first 1/3 of THAT, but everyone should be cool with that.
  12. Iila Augur

Hypothetically, if someone showed they were able to get much better performance out of boxes of those classes, and were able to come up with strategies to make those 'impossible' names/missions easy, how would you respond?

Not talking about 3rd party software or anything like that.
    roguerunner and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Decessus New Member

No, what I told the world is this expansion is overtuned for a real true grouper/boxer. What would you say if you bought a new car and the power steering went out, and the mechanic just laughed at you and said "what are you weak? Just steer it like everyone had to before power assist"
    And yea sure there are lots of people doing stuff in TBM. You can still do some heroic missions, there are a few group tasks that can be done readily enough, and there are some named not insanely difficult. But I've done all of that and would just like to move foreward a little. And I can't, not because im a crappy player, but because of this bottleneck.
    But i'm real sure none of your Cazic "groups" have any raiders helping them at all. I'm certain every single group you mentioned is 100% grouper, as the content is supposed to be intended for.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Faana like this.
  14. Decessus New Member

I am open minded, and willing to listen and learn, and give thanks for any help!
  15. Iila Augur

The tier 2 TBM named I have in my logs have about 12m hps. You're saying the fights last 3 to 5 minutes. At 3 minutes, that puts your group dps at about 66k. That is incredibly low for 6 characters in a burn situation. All of these things would be much easier if your characters were dealing as much damage as they should be and the encounters were lasting 1/3rd their current duration.

A mage alone should be able to put out that the needed 12m in about 90 seconds. Add in the SK's touches and burns, and you should only have the mob alive for about 40 to 50s. Most of which can be covered by Deflection and Shield Flash. With the recast of named AEs, that means you only get hit once or twice.
    Nissassa, Gyurika Godofwar and segap like this.
  16. Zehn Lorekeeper

Funny you should being that up, because I in fact have a car at home right now that the power steering pump is bad, and refuse to pay 500 bucks to fix it because I grew up driving cars without them.

So to answer your question. Yes, that is exactly what I would say. And my daughter has actually learned to drive without as well.

Next question?
  17. Klak Augur

He just told you whats up. You arent doing the dps you are supposed to. Figure it out then get back to us.

P.S. Just cause you cant do it, does not mean its impossible. Game is easy.
    Nissassa and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Rakknar Elder

Average group burn dps in one minute is 400,000.

Super group burn dps in one minute is 1,200,000.

Average group sustained dps is 150,000.

Your admitted boxing dps is 20,000 to 66,000.

Where do you think the problem is?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  19. Iila Augur

There are missions that are damn near impossible for that group to beat. If he was complaining about any of the 3 Anashti Sul missions, I'd be completely sympathetic. I'm pretty sure the Enslaver group mission has killed more RoI than the raid.

The adds waves in Defenders of the Faith are fully CCable. One kiter completely negates them. That's not raid gear or knowledge, it's it's running past 3 ramps and casting snare. And I'm pretty sure you can wipe to the golems on the last step without failing the task, so you get all the time in the world to keep trying to split and burn them.
  20. Aghinem Augur

I've done a lot of the content solo'ed with my merc. There are obnoxious attributes to the expansion, but it is not impossible as you are suggesting. Be as it may, good luck to you.

Thought you were leaving... There are a lot of nameds post-ROF expansion with millions of hitpoints that hit for 20k. Some nameds have more complicated mechanics than others, but that is what makes a named special. They are not intended to be easy.

Second, sounds like you are just trying to 2-3 box all this stuff. That's part of your problem. Easier to have a real group with every individual focused on their particular job rather than trying to simultaneously deal with all this stuff.

I suggest having someone in your group that can paragon, do a mana feed, etc while doing a full burn. Preferably have a zerker in there with you. Again, the mechanics are not something that can be bested by a boxed team really unless its a perfectly matched box team which yours is not.

You're still here? Love the mechanic/car analogy, really points out the flawed logic. A) If I bought a car and the power steering went out, someone would be getting sued. B) This is a game, not a car. Elements of this game require strategy and some form of skill - and you suggesting that you are hitting these bottlenecks because of the mechanics of the game rather than your skill level, because you are self-proclaimed - "a good player". Well - I'm not that great of a player, and I have solo'ed a great portion of TBM - and I am not having a whole lot of issues with TBM other than being bored with it, so whats your excuse?

Sad it took several posts that came to this ultimate conclusion, and it actually should have been your original post. "Help me with TBM - I am stuck - I am open minded and willing to learn". You probably would have received exactly what you really need, and that is assistance. All the "threats to leave" threads are boring and redundant; if you truly knew how little people cared about those types of threads - you'd be insulted. That's just the plain truth.

I am surprised by one thing, no one has asked for your stuff yet.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.