I hear there's a new #2 Serverwide Guild

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corlen-Xeg, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire and Fury Journeyman

The lounge (forums) are closed so it's just casualgamers.com now.

It never tracked everything, it just tracked what Beimeith wanted to do. Militia Enforcer and Grand Slam were listed when he wanted to do those. PoWar and Vanquisher not listed since he lacks an interest in doing those things.

It's called native advertising, it masquerades as a legitimate information source but it's actually a paid (by donors) advertisement to portray Beimeith's current guild in the best possible light available by selectively presenting information. Machin Shin can now boast of being the #2 guild based on that native advertising.

In theory Fire and Fury could boast about being the #5 guild but I have more than 10 active brain cells and a modicum of pride so wouldn't make that claim based on selectively presented information from a native advertising site.
  2. Casidia Augur

If you don't like the page, don't use it or make your own.
    This is really going too far (and no i am not involved in this site at all, but i have 2 eyes). You are mocking someone who updates all this for us and for free, is that how some people say thanks. I *never* was forced to pay anything for this service.

Btw Q i was a big fan of your Triality website updates and stuff, you should go back to being that fun again instead of..well you know.
    TheQxx likes this.
  3. Fire and Fury Journeyman

Thanks to the donors of EGL for supporting the site.

Thanks to Mykaylla for processing the updates.

Thanks to Deillusional for doing the code work even back in the lavanet days.

No thanks to the guy who subverted all that and turned it into a native advertising site even though he doesn't pay for or maintain the site.
    Bahdah likes this.
  4. Smokn Augur

first off its not free because people donate including my self, secondly the statements are correct, he removed this event because its "to hard and isnt progression" even tho you get currency and to top it off is the hardest event in the game right now, so imo if your going to ask for donations to keep the site alive you should also listen to the masses that are payin for the site to remain up, not just do whatever you feel like it because it helps your guild recruit!
  5. Cicelee Augur

I have always believed in Day 1 credit, not necessarily the order of victory on Day 1. If your guild can defeat a new raid event on Day 1 like Argin, then your guild is elite. Does not matter if you win at 5 pm EST, 6:15 pm EST, or 11:15 pm EST. I suppose it is cool to say "We are #1 or #4 or #6"; I just see those six guilds as the best of the best.

And I am sure many many guilds do not have Plane of War as a priority. You might be in a guild capable of defeating the event after several days/weeks of attempts, but if your guild is not even making the attempt then you will never be listed on EGL or whatever. I know that my new guild has just started to work on the event. I am confident if we started weeks/months ago we would have been victorious by now. But we did not. Big deal.

Congratulations to Triton for being the second! I know when we defeat the event it will be as exciting and joyful as it was for you guys, regardless of what server wide ranking we get :)
    Elricvonclief, Bigstomp and Axxius like this.
  6. Fire and Fury Journeyman

You can rank guilds however you want, the point is the information needs to be available and at one point that was the purpose of EGL/Lavanet.

Even if Plane of War was listed on EGL you could click on http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/encounter.php?id=209 and choose to have the perspective that that 11 guilds who beat the last progression raid on launch day are all tied for #1.

You can go off: http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/encounter.php?id=205 and choose to have the perspective that the 6 guilds who beat ToRot in the lag are the Top 6. Shadows of Doom didn't beat Argin-Hiz on launch day, D'Pikey's didn't beat AH or Journey Home on launch day so you could narrow it down to the Top 4 if you so choose.

You can go with the 12 guilds who beat pre-nerf ToRot or even extend it to the 16 guilds that beat it on the first day of it's current and presumably intended difficulty or sooner.

Based on the information available on EGL you can't choose to have the perspective that Triton is the #2 guild based on beating what is pretty much unanimously considered the hardest raid currently available in the game.

This is an absurd lack of information for a website that appears to rank EQ raiding guilds. PoWar is compared to Velishan, Nagafen and ToFS as a basis for explaining why someone going to the website couldn't at a glance see what guilds on what days beat what is widely considered to be hardest raid that was first beaten in the last 2.5 years.
  7. Casidia Augur

What you are missing is that PoW might be the hardest raid, but for different reasons not all guilds worked on it. So the beating order here does not tell who is the "#2 guild", even if some people would love hearing that. That whole thing is silly anyway, i doubt Triton themselves consider themselves #2 now this is just a playing ground for otherwise obv. bored people.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

We consider ourselves one of the group tied for the #2 spot behind RoI. Our guild consists of people who 'have a life' and will not raid at 3 am or 8 am or whenever SOE decides to release new content. Meaning that we will never take the #2 spot on EGL for the pushover raids like AH, or Void H, or the rest of CotF except ToR and PoW. Nor that we care about the exact rankings on that sort of content. Anybody who beats that stuff on the first day is tied for #1. It's not really EGL's fault that SOE made their ranking meaningless for almost all events. On harder content (ToR and PoW) it still has almost the same meaning as before.

Except for the summer factor. Releasing new content between May and August adds a lot of randomness. We had to work on ToR with no enchanters, and on PoW with 1 shaman. I'm sure everybody else has attendance issues like that during the summer time. It can randomly delay your progress on a hard event by a week, or three.

But in general, the ranking is pretty clear: there is one #1 and about five #2 guilds in EQ.
    Reht and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

This is yet another example of why Fire and Fury is falling apart. You've already lost most of your good players & now you are going on these silly rants on behalf of ROI. Does Qulas even want you to endorse ROI or have anything to do with them? Makes you look really bad but then again I doubt you care. Seems like you're on a 1 man crusade to destroy all credibility & prestige FnF once had & judging by your recent membership losses & all this silliness, I'd say you're doing a great job of killing it.
  10. Kerran New Member

This has nothing to do with anything but the progression site, take your personal rant to the FV boards.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

This is turning into an "us vs them" guild thread, and I'm going to go ahead and shut this thread down since it's not constructive anymore.

Congratulations to Triton (and Realm of Insanity prior) for beating the Plane of War raid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.