I hear there's a new #2 Serverwide Guild

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corlen-Xeg, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bahdah Augur

nerrrrrdss
  2. Apocalyps Elder

Progression Imo is anything needed to be flagged for the next raid now if they had put PoW as a prereq to requesting the void raid it would have made things more interesting. The extra 20 coins is nice but this is more of a trophy raid. That being said this event was unbeatable because of a mistake by the devs anyway for a long time i think it would have went down in the first 2 weeks not for that. Most likely stealth nerfed by the devs
  3. Bahdah Augur

It was and always has been beatable..
  4. Casidia Augur

No time because of all the other new content, that's brilliant ^^
    First time i look at it this way, all the other awesome content in the freaking Cotf expansion.

I like to think reality is more that this raids "reputation" was ruined very fast, when even (some) ROI people were thinking that it's not beatable. The Dev who created it leaving shortly after. Took a rather long time until it was nerfed, and at that point most people already had set their mind on "okay this prolly just sux".

I have a hard time thinking of this raid as the only guild ranking that counts, the process was just too messy. Half of our guild were not in the mood for it and obv. you have no chance if people are not really motivated (in contrast, we worked hard on ToR and did beat it before the lag fix so people are not useless slack raiders).

But anyway, the most important....congrats Triton on your terrific win.
  5. Rafather Augur

and who remembered to make groups after 2 hours of forming a raid.
    Iila likes this.
  6. Smokn Augur

you know what im hearin, excuses as to why you wont try to beat it, its very much beatable, it always has been......but guess what....its hard, so get your folks together and figure it out cause when you actually do and beat it, the feeling your going to have will be worth it i promis ;)
    Iila and Bahdah like this.
  7. Romance Augur

Might have to have a beer with some triton peeps at soe live and chat about [non] progression, I feel it's an important subject in this day and age. People seem to have some strong feelings on the subject.
    Esero, TheQxx, Smokn and 2 others like this.
  8. Lunne New Member

Just a point to note, cause it was mentioned. Triton also beat ToR prenerf!
  9. Nudia Augur

I'll be there Friday evening and Saturday night, although not paying $150 for a foam dragon and 3 drink tickets. Let's beer it up over some good old-fashioned non-progression!
  10. Brogett Augur

Does it matter if it is progression or not? I just think it is *interesting* to have a leaderboard and see who beats it and in what order. Being the toughest raid out there it's in a perfect position to act as the measuring stick.
    Qulas, Bahdah, Lanadili and 1 other person like this.
  11. Deillusional Augur

Congrats Triton, maybe we see other guilds working on it now. (We personally not been working on it but will be shortly (tm)). Remember it is not part of the CoTF expansion in terms of progression, even though it gives it's currency. This would be just to give people a sense to do it as its a permament event now.
    Insaneox likes this.
  12. Smokn Augur

any guild that dont take advantage of the fact they can be getting 50 coin a week vs 30 boggles me imo....why wouldnt you try to down this event on a weekly basis.... anyways good luck SoD on pawning the zek brothers, Triton wishes yall the best of luck!
  13. Stubar Augur

Well it was "unbeatable" as stated by some of the admis guild, so I guess the admin decided to take it off because it was taking up valuable easy mode postings.

Side note, IIRC both guilds that have beat this event didn't even beta it.
    Esero likes this.
  14. Smokn Augur

dunno bout yall but i kno for a fact Triton didnt beta this at all.
  15. Fire and Fury Journeyman

Good point, next up Beimeith is going to delete The Triune God, An End to Fear and The Journey Home since they aren't progression since they don't flag you for the next raid.

fafguild.com now tracks actual EQ leaderboards, you can PM me here with updates or corrections or send them to firiona.Fuvi although I won't see those in game emails until evenings.
  16. Deillusional Augur

To be fair, those are a part of the progression cycle and the expansion powar is an aniversary raid that was made perm, so strictly speaking when it was put up it was in the wrong section anyhowj, should have last years's naggy raid be on the progress site?
  17. Smokn Augur

$$$$$$$ you make me laugh so hard right now, i sooo needed this before work today!
  18. Smokn Augur

yes absolutely is should of been, that event was fun as and everyone wants a 50 ac aug 2!
  19. Deillusional Augur

Personally speaking we looked at it when it was first released, and never been back since, even after the nerf. But as I said seeing another guild win it, gives others the motivation to go and at least try the event.
  20. Fire and Fury Journeyman

I have no interest in a progress site and never did. EGL can continue to track progress, the price of bananas or popular baby names however they want.

I do have an interest in leader boards. It's interesting to me what guilds who take the game far more "seriously" than my guild do can accomplish. Naggy and most raids in EQ are way too easy to beat so I have no interest in keeping track of who wins those raids. EGL has and will likely continue to track when people beat most of those raids.

If people want to screenshot an open chest and /uptime I can add speed categories to leaderboards, split raiding and /dzadd makes it way too easy to cheese a lockout timer screenshot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.