I hear there's a new #2 Serverwide Guild

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corlen-Xeg, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zahrym Augur

This thread made me luls.

I'm aware a lot of guilds were polled to decide if PoWar was tracked or not, the reality is it's the hardest raid since triunity (pre and post-nerf) and we were the second to beat it. I don't think any amount of excuses should exclude that fact. The same way I don't see anyone saying anything when it's required to be on at 2am EST if you want to be second for a raid 20 guilds can kill on the first day.

Anyone who takes the game more seriously than a 'hobby' is going to look at the hardest raid to be beaten and in what order, it's just unfortunate that this was all of two raids in the last several years.
    TheQxx and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Rafather Augur

Raiding at 2am is fun, just like logging in at 6am on a Saturday over New Years to keep up with lockouts.

If you can't beat it, it doesn't exist.
    TheQxx likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

Speed runs should use speed demos archives method of video submission, plus timer or log time stamps. I doubt the submissions need to be high quality, so just a twitch vod or you tube video would be fine.

I fear for any raid with percentage adds if our dps crew hears we're speed running an event.
    Genoane likes this.
  4. A-Quad Augur

why is the word "serverwide" used to describe what should actually be called "gamewide"? serverwide suggests something limited to a particular server. gamewide suggests something larger in scope, comprised of all game servers.

it's the same thing with nationwide vs worldwide. you wouldn't call Germany's soccer team #1 nationwide would you? no. they are #1 worldwide. because the world is comprised of all nations.

meh. just sayin.
    Phrett, TheQxx and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Axxius Augur

SOE started it by creating the serverwide channels.
    roguerunner and TheQxx like this.
  6. Abazzagorath Augur

I think if guilds tried harder on this it would have been beaten by others pre-nerf. Its insanely easy now, just rez people as they die and follow banes. No guild has a real advantage on it other than those that don't have a full roster, as 99% of the dps is bane dmg.
    Bahdah and Aldren like this.
  7. Axxius Augur

Is there a guild called <Realm of Hyperbole> yet? ;)
    TheQxx likes this.
  8. Qulas Augur

The Plane of War raid was on EGL's kill list.

After the Argin'Hiz launch it was removed from the list for no other reason other than spite.
    TheQxx, Stubar, Bahdah and 5 others like this.
  9. Aldryn Another New Member

When you walk in and out in all of fifteen minutes, I'd say it's insanely easy when compared to its pre-nerf version.
    Bahdah and Iila like this.
  10. Bahdah Augur

RIP Pre-nerf
  11. Ayoheee Augur

Imagine how quick it'd go if you turned your run on.
    TheQxx and feiddan like this.
  12. Smokn Augur

i think on our win it ended up bein a 25 min run start to finish, GOALS get it under 15 now ;)
    Candydare likes this.
  13. Bahdah Augur

DONT HURT YOURSELF SMOKE, jp :p
  14. Bahdah Augur

why that war song fit perfect, blows my mind
  15. Candydare Elder

Our average time has been 18 minutes so your goal is realistic!

Good luck:)
  16. Axxius Augur

26 min. Much room for improvement. :cool:
    I blame it on 0 beastlords being present.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I don't think EGL should track it as progression. That said it'd be nice to track somewhere, as beating it is seriously badass. (grats RoI and Triton)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  18. Stubar Augur

Thanks for the gratz!

The ironic part of your statement is that you say EGL shouldn't track this. The fact that only two guilds have beat this since it's release would make those two somewhat "elite" correct? So IMO, the site should be changed from Elite GL to Casual GL because it only seems to be interested in tracking the casual stuff now as opposed to before when it did track everything.

Like this page for example.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=RoFT0
  19. TheQxx Augur

Holla at your boy.
  20. TheQxx Augur

Have you read our website updates? Hyperbole is to me what Earth's yellow sun is to Superman.
    Bahdah, Beimeith and Aldren like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.