Hunter Achievements: SoV, SoL, PoP, LoY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoldenFrog, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Horyuken Augur

We (undivided faith) aren't at all obsessed with these achievements! 3 posts in a row.........
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Thanks guys I've already put 10 hours into FOB and didn't want to keep going if i was a bugged zone. Thanks for the feedback and your notes on the other bugged zones!
  3. Ssdar Augur

These actually aren't broken on all servers. I was able to complete them. The script can break if someone overdpses some of the mobs and I believe will remain broken until a server reset.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

We spent 10 days to finish this zone with 2-4 active players 24/7!
  5. GoldenFrog Augur

I'm truly envious. I'm not aware of anyone else on the server doing any of these - they probably exist... and while it's nice not having contention, help would be nice.

Odd on this. We've had multiple kills not count - and Ngreth appeared to confirm the issue:
  6. Zebrn Journeyman

We have a consistent raid going with about 60 people in it. Pretty much we have 10+ active at any one time keeping things dead.
  7. GoldenFrog Augur

I see "Hunter of the Tower of Frozen Shadow" in the list under "SoV->General->Scarslayer"

However it isn't listed in the main Hunter set - on Live or on Test.

Is this some known issue or TLP only or...?
  8. Zebrn Journeyman

Kill "The Head User" and "Narmak" to unlock (Good's gave us the heads up on this one!)
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Field of Bone named are actually pretty easy to force spawn. The majority of the zone is on something like a 30 second respawn timer but the named PHs are all around 4minutes 51 seconds. So the easiest way to find the PH is to do a huge pull of the area, AE it, then wait 5 minutes for the last thing to spawn.

The Scourgetail Scorpion PH can spawn as far northeast as near the beach/woodline then roams south towards Kaesora and past it up the hill. Dakoit is similar but his PH will take a turn and go down one of the ramps into the pit. Confirm that Carrion Queen spawns in the pit (She spawned in the southern section for me), Scaled Prowler in that western section of the map with the Iksar Marauders, and Burynai Cutter in the area north/northeast of Kurns.
    Tucoh and Ssdar like this.
  10. Gumby Augur

That dangling carrot of a dev promise for a best in slot Aug for completting all of those has certainly put you guys on a mission for sure.
  11. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

What is your "huge pull" technique? I have boxes at certain areas and just use pets to wipe everything out.

The Scorpion I haven't seen
    Dakoit is switched from rogue shaman to iksar bandits as PHs and he spawned for me
    Carriot Queen I got in the middle of the pit as you noted
    Scaled Prowler I got over by the WW zone line
    Cutter PHers are the sappers but the sappers don't always respawn as sappers so you have to genocide the area otherwise no more sappers

Some of these FOB mobs I suspect are in the 0.10 percent spawn rate range
  12. GoldenFrog Augur

(Usher*) Thank you. I'd missed that.
  13. Ishtass Augur

Just got Bristletoe. Was killing everything in the area immediately east of gypsies for a few hours when I got him to spawn near WK zoneline. Found him at -1565, 2263
  14. Cavall Journeyman

That worked, but neither of those are listed as part of the achievement... odd.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

That is probably one of the reason why it's broken.
  16. ShadowMan Augur

Lord Grimnot undead version doesn't count! Stupid considering hes just as rare just have to time it different.
  17. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Well, I've got over 20-25 hours into FOB and the named Burynai & Scorpion aren't cooperating. Throwing in the towel on these achievements....I like the concept of going back to old zones but these effective spawn rates of 1/10 of 1% add no value for me. Good luck to you still pursuing these you're gonna need it!
  18. GoldenFrog Augur

As mentioned before 20-25 hours is a fraction what many of us had to spend.

And these achievements definitely add no value - except for if you derive enjoyment for the sheer act. I've had a ton of fun specifically because there's no prize. No rush to win. Just... have fun with it.
    Thancra likes this.
  19. Ishtass Augur

3x spawn now always shows up on western side of the zone, but I'm usually killing around gypsies. Meanwhile, no Grimtooth...
  20. GoldenFrog Augur

Bristletoe spawned once for us EAST of gypsies (we missed as guards killed him first)

Second spawn FAR FAR SW of zone.

Sorry. Long camp that North Karana