Holly quote.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Symbius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamz Augur

Tell that to the Vulak and Fippy server
  2. vardune Augur

For her to say casuals shouldnt get a shot at dragons is completely stupid comment. That tells me she is absolutely fine with the zerg that is happening right now instead of a challenging raid encounter with a minimal amount of players. I hope she gets fired because if she is runnig the show for eq and eq2 and she doesn't give a about the majority of her player base, the casuals she needs removed from making desisions that directly effect the game.
    Elkay and Barton like this.
  3. rekais910 Augur

There is a bit of difference though. There is Zero access to raid targets. Making the raids extremely hard would definitely make plenty of raid targets hard enough that it takes the casual guilds by far much longer or even never to really stand a chance against those targets. That seems like an even better solution. It might also make the content harder for the hard core guilds as well.
  4. Gregolo Augur

If you're playing a game that you don't enjoy, quit. That's just advice. If I stopped enjoying Everquest, that's what I would do. I wouldn't start some absurd crusade for something that is fundamentally 180 degrees from the spirit of Everquest to suit my desires. I'd go somewhere else that fills that niche. You know, like every other stale boring mmo on the market.

[IMG]
    Steampunk likes this.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

It's impossible to analyze that specifically without knowing class makeup and gear. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that class choices and gear led to that result with no contribution from skill or strategy. (This is a GENERAL statement of possibility and should not be taken to imply that in that specific case you won by having 17 top gear mages).

As to gear, by the very nature of the game, the guild that gets gear flowing in first will have a growing advantage. Even if you aren't using mage armies now, I think the advantage you got from using mages to get the gear flowing in the first 2-3 days of the server will have a long lasting effect.

Good point though, I should amend my recommendations: Always bring 72, and if you are far behind in gear in Classic now, the best you can hope for is to achieve parity by the end of Classic.

And then, when Kunark launches, be there on DAY ONE to contend for better gear, or else you'll fall behind again. (not you, the other guilds)
  6. Endtimes Elder

I think the casuals should give Holly exactly what she is demanding

They should cancel their subs and take their casuals interests elsewhere

Let the new TLP servers become what Fippy is now , one guild servers with about 100 active Players

All hardcore , all by themselves
  7. Owndar Elder

Dang i didn't realize people who spend 20+hours a week and level to 50 in under a month while still holding down a job and having a life are casual. Guess i'm just worthy of pressing 1 button to send a mage bot army at Naggy. You don't want "casuals" to be allowed to play part of the game? Fine my subscription won't be renewed.
  8. Endtimes Elder

Welcome to someone's real life , LMAO
  9. Ceffener Augur

As long as it's the difficulty of the game that stops me from seeing top content then that seems perfectly reasonable. Sure there would probably be a TROLL that starts threads saying "nerf it give me free loot!".

I quit my hard core raiding guild on WoW and only did heroic Blackrock, my gear is lower than people who did Mythic Blackrock. It was the difficulty of the raid encounter that stopped me from doing mythic. Not the availability of a PVP against other guilds.

It's like the sword in the stone. Everyone who wanted could try and pull the sword. Only the one that was worth could actually pull it out.

If the dragon is so bad that it kills 99% of the guilds who try to kill it, doesn't that give your guild MORE bragging rights than "we killed it 122 times before the expansion launched."
    Trochas likes this.
  10. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hey folks. Context is everything. As a team we decided that raid targets will remain contested in the base game (this means not instancing them). Organized guilds will usually kill more raid targets and get more sought-after loot than players who are not organized.

Casual players are a huge portion of our player base and the majority of the content is made with them in mind.
  11. Kergan New Member

Well stated, and exactly how I feel about it.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

Are you ever planning to address the debate about whether the contention in this game is actually meaningful or skill based? Depending on gear and other factors, organization can indeed lose to a larger force.

Also, Kunark, by most definitions, is not the "base game". Can we take you literally and think instances after Classic but before LDoN are possible?
    Agrippa likes this.
  13. Endtimes Elder

what is a casual and why dont they deserve to kill Nagafen
    Barton likes this.
  14. Tarrin Augur

Honestly, I would say the current "contested" raids on the TLPs are more against the spirit of EverQuest than instanced raids are.
    Artemis-Entreri, Barton and Jadefox like this.
  15. Dafootfistway Lorekeeper

AHA! We got her attention! Poll results please...
  16. Tarrin Augur

Get a raid together of casuals and run to Naggy first when it spawns to beat out organized guilds and get your Naggy kill.

I believe the intent of the message is "You don't deserve to kill Naggy or a raid mob in contested (non-instanced) content merely because you exist and log on".
    Chanaluss and Gregolo like this.
  17. Greymere Augur

Not to beat up on you Holly, but what was the context a casual player should take Nagafen should not be downed by casuals to mean? Because if that is the team's opinion, I think you will find the majority to be very unhappy with the teams decision making process in light of a lack of enforcement on these servers.
  18. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Oh really? It seems to me that the majority of content is made for everyone - raiders level up and use the same content that everyone else does. What you actually are doing here is granting exclusivity to a small portion of your player base above and beyond what you give the rest of us. So don't be surprised when the rest of us take offense to your blatant insults as you sit there and condone abusive game play, while making it painfully obvious you don't care about what happens to a huge majority of your customers.
  19. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

She is incorrect for insulting your customer base who tend to be reactionary in the best of times is never a good idea, Knowing the management team I hand my money, too thinks I'm just a whiny baby for wanting instancing for all content is enlightening to say the least.
    Barton likes this.
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

The question is, whether the following are the actual words you used, or whether they are taken out of context : "What we don’t want to do is instance raids, which is what casuals want us to do because they want to fight Nagafen. Casuals shouldn’t be allowed to fight Nagafen… that diminishes the achievement of others. That’s part of the challenge: You have to be better than the other guy; you have to be more strategic that the other guy.”
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.