Holly quote.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Symbius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlorf Augur

Screw lack of foresight, more like lack of professionalism especially with the position she holds.
  2. Ceffener Augur

The article was very poorly written that is for sure.
  3. Hexaholic Augur

I like it Those that don't, are just jealous, and think they should just be given everything.
  4. Kergan New Member

As I've stated, casuals will gain access to that content when it is no longer the most difficult content in the game. The only difference is the lack of instancing, and the fact that a hardcore guild can essentially take the mob away from the casual guild even if they could have killed it.

But that is the downside of contested open world raids, but I don't have much sympathy for people complaining about that as it is exactly how the game has always been for classic and first 4 expansions outside of Plane of Time.
  5. Kellaer Augur

Likewise, Mrs. Longdale. Perhaps we can come to a more amiable relationship once you've actually witnessed what is going on on these servers.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Oh, but don't you see? You are allowed to play for that content. You just can't expect to win by honing your game skills. No, you need to practice your political skills aka recruiting more players.

Well, the bottom line is this - a raid holds 72 players. Thus, 72 players is the maximum amount of DPS that can be counted against any single mob. If you expect to have a chance at DPS races, then you bring at least 72 players. Doesn't matter if the mob could be done by 20 players (or 40, or 50 as may be the case after the patch). You bring 72 or you aren't competing. If your guild can constantly field only 40 players, but you can kill the mob? Too bad, see above. Bring 72. Merge with another guild if you have to.

That's what Holly is telling you.
    Elkay and Rhiyannon like this.
  7. Ceffener Augur

If all of the other original mechanics were still in the game the argument of "this is how it was" would be much better.

Just because something was one way doesn't mean that is the way I should be. There are solutions that both sides would at least be agreeable with.

Or we can just mouth off about casuals.
    Elkay and Rhiyannon like this.
  8. rekais910 Augur

they only think that they should be able to access the content without player interference and earn the raid loot by fighting the raid target not dealing with other players in a very poor design. Though no reason to argue with you. You've already got your stance on Eq. Though that quote was focused at the larger portion of the population.
  9. vardune Augur

Lol. This game isnt hard and you are not a badass gamer for not having a real job or a social life. What all you so called hard core gamers are doing is racing to a mob and killing it with mages or a mob for hours and killing it with mages. The real skill is killing a raid mob with a minimum amount of players and doing it without OP classes. Playing a game 24/7 doesnt make you a badass power gamer it makes you a neckbeared bazement dweller. With nothing better to do in your life. Some of us lazy dirty casuals that dont want to join a huge monster guild want to kill those targets with a minimal amount of toons, for me that is more hardcore then zerg crap that is happening now. No one or guild.on this server is doing anything new and with instancing all raid content it doesnt give us dirty casuals free loot, its give us a chance to beat u zerging poopsockers to a raid kill.
  10. Detheb Augur

TL has out dpsed mobs with a considerable numbers disadvantage before. Like, 17 vs 44. Just because a raid has 72 players doesn't mean they have 72 players playing well.
  11. Finchy Augur

You are forgetting they are increasing the difficulty of the raids because how the game mechanics have changed over the years. Hopefully making something challenging again like it used to be where there were so many people who couldn't beat the top tier raids in eq. This game is not for the care bear crowd. If you are so, go past a game that caters to you instead of trying to get our game changed to all this bs
  12. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    *Giggles.

And btw ...aren't those oh so easy raid mobs gonna get a lil boost say...tomorrow? o-0
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Kergan New Member

I completely agree with you. I'm not one of the classic purest who wants things just the same as it was. We'd all be missing shared banks, maps, saved spell lists, spawning with our gear, translocates, a customizable UI, and a million other quality of life improvements if this server was truly classic. I'd be all for making Nagafen, Vox, CT, Innoruuk, etc super hard and instancing raids.

I am just in the camp that believes a casual player not having access to the top raid targets is not only ok, but desirable.

The one thing I will say is the way Holly stated it was poor. Maybe there was more to what she said that was left out by the writer, but I think if you're going to make a statement like she did you better be prepared to offer an in depth explanation on how it actually makes the game better.
  14. Endtimes Elder

This should be pinned

Vardune 2016
  15. Gregolo Augur

Meanwhile, at Twisted Legacy HQ
    [IMG]

I hope they just power-buff raid content so it actually takes 50+ people to kill it properly. That way when casuals show up and wipe, they can stop blaming everyone but themselves.

Is this where everyone starts seeing my "instance non current era content" (1-2 expansions behind) argument as an acceptable middle ground? :D
    Finchy likes this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

People who post idiocy like the above taking people's phrasing completely out of context really should start being moderated like the trolls that they are. No one gives a crap about what you do more than you FORCE THEM TO because of the stupid semi-PVP garbage going on right now. You know how many TL threads there would be if instancing started? I bet there would be around three mentions a week of some stupid camp drama and that's about it - and most of those wouldn't go anywhere. People only care, because you FORCE THEM TO CARE - just like I don't care if someone is a big bouncer dude, but if I want to play basketball and the court I use has a big bouncer dude stopping me from entering - suddenly I'm going to care because he's getting in the way of me trying to play basketball - no matter how well or poorly I do once I get in.

There's a huge rift between jealousy and being upset that when you pay the same amount for a service and get droughted on content by those that are taking up an inordinate amount of that resource.

From a business standpoint it makes more sense that someone playing 30 hrs/wk has the same access as one that plays 120 hrs/wk - by catering to those that play 120 hrs/wk - they're catering to those that cost them the most resource wise (both in content and infrastructure [and one could say in other customers perhaps]) in preference to those that are the least profitable.

It's a weird business that caters to the smallest portion of the population that costs them the most to make happy versus making the masses happy (that doesn't mean not challenging them - but make it challenges that are attainable by PVE difficulty not semi-PVP nonsense) that are the most plentiful and the most profitable per unit.

It's backwards, "sky is down - dirt is wet" type logic that is being done from a business standpoint here.
    PPQ1, oldkracow, Elkay and 1 other person like this.
  17. Finchy Augur

I work 50+ hours a week have a house wife kids and all that stuff yet I still see top tier raids because I'm a competitive player not because I live in parents basement camping stuff 24/7. So yeah it's possible to do all the fun things in life and still compete at a top level in video games.
    Gregolo likes this.
  18. Greymere Augur

Casual guilds with the playerbase able to fill a raid often did so in era, usually 2-3 raids a week. The "myth" that only the hardcore got to experience endgame content in era originally is exactly that a "myth"

The reason casual guilds were able to do so was the existence of the PnP and the threat of enforcement which no longer exists, which forced alpha guilds to accept raid rotations or races to be first to engage, when engaging with less than a complete heal rotation and the appropriate amount of tanks and DPS could present issues. Even then most raid rotations were always set up to favor the alpha guild on a server, and designed to make it more difficult for other guilds to join in on a rotation.

Holly's quote if it is accurate, is out of touch because it ignores that glaring fact. The EQ of casuals should not get a chance to kill raid targets is neither nostalgic nor is it fair or good game design, something their company recognized in 1999, but today they apparently lack the staff or wherewithal to address properly.
    Elkay likes this.
  19. Bufonidae Elder

Holly might have totally missed the point of instancing, it's got nothing to do with being 'casual' and everything to do with not wanting to take part in the toxic DPS race BS that lets them not pay a GM staff.

Holly- Do your job instead of trying to convince us you don't need to.

Larry Gomez : You're saying that the reason... that you're not doing the job... that I'm... paying you to do... is, that you don't have a job to do? Is that what you're saying? What are you trying to convince me of, exactly? That you're as useless as an right here? Well guess what, Buddy. I think, you just convinced me!
    Elkay likes this.
  20. Vaclav Augur

I think the proper retort to that is, isn't an acceptable middle ground for everyone to flip you guys off and quit for other games and then watch your server crumble as it's no longer financially viable for DBG to offer the server any longer?

You need the casuals, without them you don't pay enough to keep the lights on. Keep treating them like garbage and you lose your playground.
    Elkay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.