Holly quote.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Symbius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekais910 Augur

That wasn't damage control in the slightest. She reinforced her statement. It also lumped those who are not casual but don't intend to get involved with the highly negative scene that is considered raiding into the same field as casual. If the content was made to be even harder and require a good raid size and organization within an instance. Then we would see a larger population completing these raids while those who aren't quite as skilled may not beat all the content. This is by in large a support to an old system which many are crying bloody mary about.
  2. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

im going to die laughing if the raid changes make nagafen/vox hard enough to actually require the large numbers people are complaining about
    Crystilla and Fallfyres like this.
  3. Vaclav Augur

So what happened to your past statements of "equitable"? Or that players should come to an agreement?

That was just an intentional misdirection?

This is nothing about "organization" as things stand right now. This is entirely about insane availability and willingness to exploit mechanics to wedge a PVP element into a PVE game.

Last time I saw a developer say things as misguided and out of touch as this, a dude with a ponytail started collecting unemployment benefits and you got a promotion.

And one thing to remember is that a majority of content is garbage - quality is an important factor. When I work 120 hrs at McDonald's I can't afford to eat filet in a steakhouse 7 nights a week, yet at 30 hrs working as a CEO I can do that three meals a day.

Quality of play should matter not just how long they punch the clock. (which FYI - players logged in = more resources = more cost = less profit - you're literally rewarding those that earn you the least profit with the most content - it's moonman logic)
  4. Owndar Elder

People aren't being given a chance to engage the content to obtain the best loot. This is different then every other MMO in other MMOs the encounter being hard is what prevents the "casuals" from getting the best loot, it's not the same on TLP. The word "casual" is effectively describing me and other people on this board/server that complain about the raid content. I use scare quotes because describing people with 20-30 hours played time a week and a 50 toon in a few weeks aren't casual.
    Maryiene and Massimo_Bertoxx like this.
  5. Tintaglia Elder

Normal servers hemorrhaged subs as soon as they went F2P. yeah the addition of krono offset that but the quality of people playing after the shift to F2P relly put off a lot of people, myself included. Only came back because this new TLP looked very promising, and has for the most part, not delivered.
  6. Gregolo Augur

I would genuinely love this. But I don't think it'll happen. Tbh I think all we're going to get his mobs with more hp that hit harder. Tanks are already getting 3 shot, what else can you do?
  7. chumbus Apprentice

Numerous posts in this thread are being deleted as they're posted. Here's a hint: don't insult your player base if you can't take it in return.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Apparently that includes you as a "casual" since you were commenting on the difficulty being "out of whack" on Steel Warrior in mid 2004.
  9. Warlorf Augur

Everyone including us high end raiding guilds are guilty of this. It started at the top and worked its way down. Casuals complained about group content. There were no and i say again NO innocent parties involved when it came to this xpacs difficulty.
  10. Banuvan Augur

Quiet filthy casual!
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Detheb Augur

Hey im casual now. Tacvi was out of whack lol, that whole expansion was, but then again, beating Uqua was one of my favorite moments in my EQ career. Speaking of which, is TSW back up?
  12. RoamingBlue Journeyman

Should we keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to pay three Kronos for a FBSS that we were actually trying to camp and would have looted ourselves off a mob we'd already engaged ... from the six-mage boxer that /picked into the middle of the camp and "dps race brah" KS'd and looted it? Really, the majority of the content is made for us? Really?

The majority of the content is made for boxers who can click one button and outdps anyone in their path by having 6+ characters win the dps race. Get real.

You intentionally left classes unbalanced, allowed boxing, and removed the play nice policy - thereby guaranteeing that the "majority" of the content will be KSd from the casual players.

I dare you to level a character on a TLP server that is not a mage, monk, or shadow knight without boxing until you're the appropriate level for Lower Guk, group there with a diverse group (not heavily weighted to the op/unbalanced for the era) and camp for a flowing black silk sash. Have fun - 'cause those things go for three Kronos and you getting one interferes with someone's livelihood. The same box team that shows up shrugging "dps race brah" also embodies the almighty "strategy" that you seem to think divides casual from hardcore here ... they had the foresight to box a whole squadron of a class that is laughably unbalanced for the era.
  13. taliefer Augur

i suppose. we just dont see eye to eye. batphones and sitting in sol ro temple during naggys window arent any better or worse than just sitting at the mob socking from my point of view. then theres the whole thing that no guild takes losing a race gracefully and resorts to training. every guild.
    Barton likes this.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

Wrong/Poor decision please revisit it, and or just tell your team to do it. WE "casuals" deserve a fair shot at raid targets without the A'hattery you call "competition" that ain't
  15. Gregolo Augur

GoD's difficulty was all sorts of messed up. Anyone with a brain was questioning it.
    Barton likes this.
  16. Tintaglia Elder

That's Filthy Casuals™ to you, good sir! lol
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. Dabrixmgp Augur

Filthy casuals need to learn their place. good job for putting them in it Holly!
  18. Detheb Augur

But i think my point is more that, yes it was completely out of whack. But we still did the content, and worked with what we had and made progress. Yeah, we may have complained about it, but we still atleast attempted to do that content. It was terrible, I absolutely detest Inktu`ta(Even though thats everyones favorite raid) and we did it so many times. Gotta do what ya gotta do.
  19. taliefer Augur

its just a bad example to use tacvi as people asking for handouts, as even people that made it to tunat thought it was overly brutal. fun, but brutal.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

I say this with all seriousness. So what people should do, if they aren't happy with their current "competitive" position, is the following:

Before Kunark launches (whenever that is, you know they still haven't released POLL results):
    1. Accept that you might have already lost the battle in Classic, and play for Kunark's release
    2. Recruit enough to solidly field 72 every night
    3. Make sure everyone is level 50, has all their spells
    4. Make sure everyone has all their available focus items (extended enhancement, mana preservation, etc) and haste items
    5. Make sure you have a few properly armor classed tanks to reduce the number of healers necessary
    6. Reorganize the guild's classes. Some people may not be able to play their bard if there's already ten. Instruct them to reroll to achieve an appropriate mix.
    7. Do everything you can to eke out every drop of planar trash gear and raid mob gear you can for every last player before Classic is done
    8. When Kunark hits, no relaxing. Zip to 60 fast. No one should be soloing inefficiently or farming group trash to sell.
    9. Show up to every Kunark spawn possible.
    10. And so on

I guess if people can't do this then they should give up.

Now...will that mean that in the end, there's still only a fractional amount of content for all contending guilds? Yes. If people have a problem with that, I guess they need to not quit when GoD comes out. Will some people not like that it's no longer about playing against the game, but against other guilds? Too bad, don't quit after GoD.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.