Heroic Characters FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Quielian New Member

Roshen,
    I have 2 gold that were both created on 12/8/13 and only one of them give the option to create a heroic character. The other only has IP check listed in account details. The other has all 3 lines listed. I understand that only one per household applies, My issue is that I don't want the free 85 on the account that has it. I want in on the other one. Is their some way to get the heroic 85 on the other account?

In response to:
    If you have multiple accounts created after November 8, 2013 that were all created by the same household, is the system only awarding the free Heroic Character to one of these accounts. Check your other accounts created after this date for your free Heroic Character.
  2. Leifen Augur

Just be very sure live is where you want a heroic character because you cannot test copy a heroic character!!
  3. Leifen Augur

So I gather by the lack of response from you Roshen that there will be no explanation around the no copy to test that is now the rule for heroic characters? I for one would like to know why I cannot do with them what I can with ANY other character on any server?
  4. Sokahar Journeyman

Upgrade existing character from 39 Dark Elf Enchanter to 85 on 2002 gold account (all expansions):
    Fishing: 0
    Thieves Cant: 0
    Combine Tongue: 0

Upgrade new character, Vah Shir Shaman to 85 on 2014 gold account (no expansions):
    Fishing: 10
    Combine Tongue: 100

Upgrade existing character from 44 Human Mage to 85 on 2003 gold account (all expansions):
    Fishing: 0
    Combine Tongue: 0
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

6. Roshen Brand Manager

There's no easy way for you to move which account your "one-per-household" Heroic Character is on, if you have multiple accounts that have been created recently.

If this is a concern, I recommend contacting Customer Service to ask (politely) if they can get it fixed up for your accounts. http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939
  7. Purrrfect New Member

Hello everyone today I upgraded my level 12 character to a heroic character and I have a few questions. I'm new to everquest and I only created a character because I saw the announcement of free Heroic characters but its not going well and I have a few questions about the game. Since Sony got hacked and lost all my credit card information and I had to have all my credit cards replace I have kinda avoided the company but I thought I would give them another try but I have a few questions:

1:AAs
    I have a bronze account and according to the sony F2P guide I'm limited to 250AAs, however, this heroic character has over 5k AAs. So a bronze heroic character can have over 5k without AA unlockers, but a normal bronze character has a limit of 250AA? Also 250SC per 100AAs so assuming I want 5.3k AAs (like a Heroic character) 5300 Heoric AAs- 250 Bronze limit=5050 more AAs needed. 5050AAs needed/100AA unlocker=51 unlockers needed for my 5.3k AAs. 250SC*51unlockers=12750SC for the extra 5050 AAs over my 250 Bronze limit. That doesn't make any sense to me if you can buy a Heroic after the free one and get the levels,plat,mount, and bags. Maybe I misunderstood something. /shrug

2:Content
    After upgrading to a Heroic character your level 85 and well over 5k leaving any bronze or silver maxed So no more AAs to workon. Your like me have no clue what to do with the class or where to go level 85 mobs aren't easy and good luck soloing if you haven't ever played eq1 before and head to a hotspot in this game. Without giving sony money for expansions (this is free to play after all) you limited at level 95. So that means I have 10 levels of content and then Im done with the game. What is left? Even the anniversary quests are all prestige items I cant use. Celebrate Eq1 by being excluded because your not a gold sub isnt a good start for a new player. Is getting non-prestige gear at level 95 easy? Are there any level 95 bronze accounts that consider them self decent in level 95 groups or are you always left way behind and not really wanted in a group if a gold member is available?

3:F2P (IMO) /Rant on
    Sony free to play hasn't ever been truly free to play more like free to pay. If you don't pay for a subscription every month even though its a supposedly free to play game every thing basic and important for a character is limited like mail system, parcel, broker, bags, mercenary's, spells, and gear. Also expansions if you don't pay for an expansions then you probably wont be max level, have the decent set of the new gear, or sometimes have access to the new zones so you can group with your friends (reason heroic characters were created) and always be one step behind everyone else. Other free to play companys like Perfect World are truly free and you can play their games like Neverwinter and even Star Trek Online and you get all content free to play plus you can even do daily quest to earn the game currency like doing quests here earning plat and then exchanging it into SC. If your a new player does sony really think we are really going to pay for the expansion and pay for the monthly subscription when there are so many other free to play games out there? I think sony should relax some of their limits and either charge for the features (subscription) or the content (expansions).

/Rant off

P.S.: The heroic hotbar loader doesn't work I have all kinds of new spells/AAs after going heroic and even thought I picked yes to load the new hotbars nothing happened. Yes I have the default UI not sure what happened. I tried going to the hotspot zones and died several times and most the mid 80s zones hit me so hard Im dead before I can do anything and they don't tether they will chase you thru the whole zone until your dead. .I have tried soloing with my new heroic level 85 bezerker 6 times and died every time maybe my bronze merc cant keep up or there isn't really any solo content this level range. Im just sitting here in PoK not sure where to go or what to do but sadly Im starting to think this game isn't for me and I should keep looking for a new game. Thanks for reading if you made it this far and I wish you the best luck but I don't think this game is for me.
  8. Grento Journeyman

This really should have been ironed out a bit more before getting rolled out. As someone with years of experience with this game I honestly can’t imagine how in the hell a new player is supposed to start out as a heroic character and not be completely overwhelmed. Adding skills to the hotbar automatically is great and all but how about giving the player an explanation of each skill that’s being added? A new player isn’t going to know that they have to search through the giant list of AA’s to find the description for each skill.

New players need to be eased into being level 85, not just thrown into it. if you want to retain the new players that make heroic characters you are really going to have to make some sort of a tutorial for them.
  9. Buphbot New Member

After spending 4 hours last night thoroughly enjoying pulling all of Valley/Grounds&OBF on a bard created as a heroic character, I must say, for me personally, this is perhaps the best thing SoE has offered - in my opinion - over the many years I have been playing this game.

AND - Thanks Roshen for replying to my messages leading up to the release.
  10. leaola Journeyman

I played from about 2002 on if u want to play for free play for free. start a toon at lvl 1 do ur newbie quests 3 day if u r lucky walk around a few days hailing npc looking for low lvl quests and spend years doing them free. I paid for years doing them, having fun, with out a merc. if u need a group look up leaola a 100 driud on luclin server I would be glad most of the time im on killing time to shrourd down to group with u to do quest I may never had done before or have not done in years.
  11. Mackinaw Lorekeeper

To start with, I feel your pain. And I do have a few suggestions and comments.

First off, don't give up just yet. This is an amazing game and if you can work through your difficulties I think you will really come to love it. Secondly, Berzerkers really aren't the best solo class with or without a merc, heroic or otherwise. They are great at dealing out damage but really bad at taking it. Even with a healer Merc you are going to find it tough going soloing as a Zerker. I'm not saying it can't be done, people do it all the time but in order to be successful at it you really need to have a good understanding of the class and how the game works. I am speaking from experience here. I have a level 71 rogue that is very well geared for a non-raiding rogue and pretty much any current content at my level will beat the tar outta me soloing even with a merc. And I know how to play a rogue. Your best bet is to look for a group. If grouping isn't for you I would strongly urge you to delete the char while you still can and choose a class more suited to soloing.

Whatever you decide, if you are new to the game you are going to find it very challenging as there is a lot you will need to learn. My advice, start at lower level zones until you get the hang of whatever type of char you choose to play. Visit the class oriented websites. Most Rogues go to Safehouse, Shaman go to Shaman's Crucible and I have no doubt there is a good site for Zerkers. Just google "EQ berzerkers". You can find tons of very helpful information at these sites.

Find a mentor. You would be surprised at just how helpful players are willing to be if asked. Join a casual "family style" guild. This probably your best bet. If it is a guild that has been around awhile you will likely find a very nice base of experienced players who are more than willing to share their game knowledge and experience with you. Family guilds are typically used to taking in new players and helping them find their way in the vast world of Norrath. They will expect you to NOT know what you are doing and that is a huge bonus in and of it's self. They can help you in other ways as well by helping you get better gear, spells etc...

WARNING-OPINION INCOMING...

The bottom line is this; Everquest is a group oriented game. It always has been. The community is the heart of the game. More than gear, more than loot, more than anything else it is the community that makes this game special and what sets it apart. But it is not the easiest game. The higher you go, the more complex it becomes even after all of the changes that have been made to make the game simpler. It also means that a player who is new to the game and starting out at level 85 is in for one hell of a learning curve. Ever jumped into a snow fed mountain lake? Starting at 85 is kinda like that.

Finally, if you are on Luclin-Stromm, look me up. My main is a shaman by the name of Mackinaw and I'll be more than happy to do what I can to help you along while you get your feet wet.

This is not the easiest game out there but it is my personal favorite and there's a reason so many of us have been playing for 10 years or longer.

Good Luck,

Mack
  12. Gythlen Augur

Try going to your EQ button - Character - Quest - Rewards

I find lost SC store stuff there and Achievement rewards I missed. I hope it's in there!

===

I also found a post with someone who has a problem which seems on the PvP server. I will link their post and ask them to make it here too:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...-created-but-no-way-to-claim-the-plat.208990/
  13. Sokahar Journeyman

Sorry you're having a bad day and do not like the changes made to the game in the last few years and your credit card information was lost almost a year before you joined the game.

1: Have you tried to buy an AA unlocker on your new heroic character? It seems you're only doing the math.

2: Since you're new to the game, and already know about hot zones, I would suggest looking at the achievements and what is needed to get them. There is a lot of free content there to be had.

3: Playing the game like a gold account is not free to play. The gold subscription adds convenience and perks to the game. The game can be played without going gold. Also I would check the FAQ you are using, as some of the data is out of date with bags and parcel service.

Hope you have a better day.
    Leerah likes this.
  14. Leerah Augur

You gotta' put something in to slow down the folks who see the Upgrade button and go like a horse for the barn. They're clicking it when they didn't mean to and doing the wrong characters. What do you have for people who don't read?
  15. Sanret New Member

Hey all,

I didn't find anything in this thread about my question, not sure if I read over it or not, sorry if I did.

Could anyone tell me how many AAs are actually granted when you use the heroic character upgrade? The character I would like to upgrade is already lvl 85 and has roughly 650 AAs. Just trying to figure out if it would make sense or not.

Thanks a lot!

Sanret
  16. Riou EQResource

Depending on your class and where exactly you spent those 650, the baseline you get out of it total is between 4k and like 6-7k, so if all you bought were duplicates of what you get free, you would gain anywhere from 3300-6300 AA out of it, you would also gain most skills if you don't keep them maxed
  17. Sanret New Member

Thanks Riou. Appreciate the response. :)

Everything worked like a charm. Except my skills. They didnt max out. I dont really care too much about stuff like Alcohol Tolerance, Begging etc. But 1HB, 2HB, Kick, etc. are kinda important in my eyes. ;) Is this a known bug?
  18. Canik Augur

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but I am not sure where else would be better. People are saying there is a new quest to unlock J5 mercs for Heroic Characters. Is this true? If so, where can one begin said quest?
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Feerrott of dreams close to where you appear when you go heroic... investigator D something
  20. Canik Augur

Cool, thanks so much!