Hates Fury - Anniversary Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Blurred_Memories Augur

then i'm happy to point out to you that everyone on a server can enjoy the event; nobody is shut out. those unable to beat the final boss (which is only about 7 minutes worth of content, every 3 days by the way) can continue to enjoy the larger portion of the event every 24 hours for a decent amount of commemorative coins.

regarding the green fields, it's kind of obvious to me, they spent their development time creating something they thought would be a "twofer" that would include something for both raiders and groupers. i also feel it necessary to point out that perhaps your negative assumption about their motivation might also be incorrect. raid content is not necessarily an attempt to "shut anyone out". it might be an attempt to motivate people to try things that are more challenging and rewarding!

just sayin'... not everything in game or life is done with nefarious intentions.

and by the way... there's no requirement saying you need to be a member of a guild to do this raid. my server also used to have an "alliance" of players who were from several different guilds as well as unguilded players that would come together to complete raid events. why not try taking everyone who's anti raid guild on your server and form a pickup raid just for this event?

not to be mean or anything, but i feel it might be necessary to remind alot of people here that if you want raid gear, you raid. i don't blame anyone for being upset though; it's probably the devs fault for accidentally putting the type 7 flag on the augs.

hope this helps!
    ~b
  2. Thancra Loladin

EQ is dying since Velious people said. Still waiting.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  3. Raptour_MT Elder

The whole 17th anniversary is a big middle finger to 90% of the population of EQ from the devs. They phoned this one in. They could have put just the aug from clearing the 16 named in the mission and then kept the loot table the same for the actual raid and most of the complaints would have disappeared. Instead they stay silent and develop more TLP servers, some overpriced achievement pet or some hideous set of Heroe's Forge to sell for 100 bucks on the store.
    Agrippa likes this.
  4. Blurred_Memories Augur

lol
    is this the only place you can put in extra effort to give something extra to people and have them get mad about it? if i were a dev i'd start putting ae death touch effects on loot chests.

i see no middle finger. i see people working to give us stuff they don't have to and we didnt pay for. i say thank you. i'd even say thanks for the loot chest death touches... they'd be good for a laugh.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

You'll get your wish
  6. Roxxanna Augur

Holy ! You mean I can get some of those really awesome commerative coins?
  7. Warpeace Augur

I kinda like that idea.
  8. Raptour_MT Elder

They only people they gave anything extra to is the raid guilds. If the shoe was on the other foot and they gave a chance at the best stuff int he game to group people as long as they have no raid achievements or raid gear, you might understand the issue. Til then, get off your High horse.
    Agrippa likes this.
  9. Vrinda Augur

They can start with the 17th anniversary raid loot chest. /snicker
  10. Thancra Loladin

You're out of touch with reality, but if that fits your agenda and support whatever idea that goes through your mind, sure.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  11. Roxxanna Augur

......... Mmmhmmm, talk about out of touch.

I could go on to list all the changes I the last few years due to declining population, but it won't do any good. Some people are just destined to be on the last iceberg arguing that there is no global warming issues.
  12. Thancra Loladin

You're far from the first (and won't be the last) to pretend that if things don't go your way, it's doom and gloom. Over the years people always had a nice list of things that "prooves" the game is dying. So no, if things don't go your way, it won't make the process (because this game will die eventually, just like all of us) any faster or slower, though some people are so self centered and feel that they own the truth, they will keep explaining how right they are when history prooves they're wrong.

I don't think this game is close to dying, it will be time to consider that when they'll stop producing expansions. That means that no, devs don't have to answer every little requests to keep the game going, that's just false.
  13. Blurred_Memories Augur

risk vs reward
  14. Roxxanna Augur

I'm confused.......what exactly are you risking?
  15. Roxxanna Augur

"though some people are so self centered and feel that they own the truth, they will keep explaining how right they are when history prooves they're wrong."

Indeed
  16. Blurred_Memories Augur

they gave everyone the opportunity to consume the content. if you choose not to consume the content, they don't exactly owe you something different.
  17. Iila Augur

Time, it's always time.

Exp loss, item loss, resing and rebuffing, the punishment for failure is losing time to get back to where you were.
  18. MrMajestykx Augur

yet again.....it is NOT an impossible raid to beat and man how did the JO comment not get censored. kudos for getting one by the admins.
  19. Roxxanna Augur

So the same as anyone else. I would even argue that average Joe grouper has it even harder, when their group wipes it usually disbands and they have to spend a great deal more time seeking a another, and of coarse there won't be raid buffage moments after they rezz. I get your argument, I agree with your argument, hard raids should = awesome gear. I raid quite a bit and have absolutely no issues with raid rewards. I have an issue with the whole Anniversary thing. There should be something for everyone, and not an travesty like the Gnome race. How about another Black Pearl type aug, or maybe a transport clicky to TBM, how about an open raid like broken Hate was, were anyone could show up at anytime and catch a raid. Yes it was broken, yes people abused it, but my God there were hoards of people there all the time, and it was fun. Why not do something like that with slighty less awesome gear, but more of it.
  20. Belchere Lorekeeper

Let me start by saying I am a raider, so I have completed this raid.

That being said, I *think* what people are asking for is a group version (6 peeps, ya know?) of this raid, that drops group level gear (not raid level). If you are afraid of raiders getting "too much" gear because of that, well, the mechanic of choice would then be to Lore Group tag the group augs with the raid augs, so you could have 1 of 4, choose wisely.

There, simple fix, shouldn't have taken a ton of time to implement, and everyone would be happy.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel, Wonton and Agrippa like this.