Hates Fury - Anniversary Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Gr8fuldave Augur

Ok so when you get the mana drain dot, we go to an aura, and the dot is taken off. but the second you step out of the aura, it returns and wipes the raid. Are we supposed to stay in the aura for the whole time? seems like they poof after they cure a certain number of people.
  2. Blurred_Memories Augur

auras on timers.... mana drains on hitpoint intervals? have to modulate dps?
  3. Gumby Augur

It's a boring event with having to slow roll the DPS so the Captains HP times out well with the Aura's.

Would've made more sense to have the DoT / Drain hit harder, but only have it cast about 1 tick after the Aura's are spawned. That at least would allow you to actually play and use reaction time instead of standing there yawning while you wait the 2 minutes for the Aura to pop.
    Agrippa likes this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Was not talking about Beta ..

MOAR BETTA = More better..
  5. Whulfgar Augur

For you to speculate about dev's breaking raids on purpose makes me giggle ..

and once again .. MOAR BETTA = MORE BETTER !

Which has zero to do with beta .. (again not what I was talking about)
  6. Derd Augur

Simple question, if you get mists and use aura are you supposed to stay there? Upon stepping out it seems mists is reapplied and of course aura is gone so no recure.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

If you get the Mist debuff, the event will attempt to apply it to you multiple times. I want to say once per second for 6 seconds? Hang out in the aura for a few seconds to let the Mist pass. Getting your timing wrong so that you cure the Mist but the aura fades and Mist is reapplied, that is just as detrimental as completely mistiming the auras. Also, auras have a limited number of people they can cure, so only people afflicted with the Mist should move into the auras.
  8. Hurl New Member

@Koryu, that's almost spot on. Combing the logs, you get Call the Mist 4 times, spaced exactly 5 seconds apart.
    03/22/16 09:34:06 PMA choking, hateful mist engulfs you.
    03/22/16 09:34:11 PMA choking, hateful mist engulfs you.
    03/22/16 09:34:16 PMA choking, hateful mist engulfs you.
    03/22/16 09:34:21 PMA choking, hateful mist engulfs you.

If you have a Gina trigger for that hitting you, the trigger is of course: A choking, hateful mist engulfs you -- you'll hear it go off 4 times. I really can't imagine this is be design? Seems very overkill to me. Once is bad enough, maybe a script bug?

We think it's 95/80/65/50/35/20/5 as far as boss hp%'s, that CtM is cast. But, there's a warning before it lands on the raid:

Rise, rise! It is time for you to bring them death

Is emoted exactly 10 seconds before CtM is fired.

I posted what we know about the raid including a gina package at:
    http://prosperitasguild.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=890

Cheers,
    Hurl
  9. Blurred_Memories Augur

maybe each add is casting it?
  10. MrMajestykx Augur

negative ghost rider....and those still pontificating this event post patch...I would suggest checking out the link that Hurl has so graciously bestowed upon you all.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Heard they fixed this event, so the boss is now not able to be pulled outta room ..

Is it true ?
  12. Tadenea Augur

it is correct if too many in aura it will stop curing and protecting but there are 8 auras in the room just move to a different one with less people in it
    also correct stay in aura after cure and range dmg him dots go off for little while
  13. Drakang Augur

And Auras can pop outside the area players can reach. And swords don't despawn and sitting around waiting on auras is just so fun.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  14. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

That reminds me, here is a picture of aura stuck behind wall:

[IMG]
    Sancus, Spellfire and Iila like this.
  15. Aghinem Augur

This isn't relevant to the thread, but an update from an earlier troll attack on our team from just a week ago.

Quoting myself just for Trollie:

[IMG]

Chapterhouse win on 3/26/16 a week after being attacked on the forums as a scrub guild. We are moving forward clearing out content from 4 different expansions simultaneously ( HoT, VoA, RoF, & CoTF ).

I am proud of our team.
    Agrippa likes this.
  16. Blurred_Memories Augur

guild beat the event again tonight, can't wait to see what changes they make next week! =)
  17. Klak Augur

By beating chapterhouse not until 3/26/2016 is by definition a scrub guild...Also on FV where you can just buy TBM raid gear anyway to make it even easier but grats. If guys having fun doing old content who cares.
  18. Hurl New Member

Imrahil, Metanis and Vdidar like this.
  19. Roxxanna Augur

Well done, and make sure you ignore what any trolls say. Best thing you can do is not comment back to them. Much like children, they will throw a tantrum due to lack of attention, and finally wander away.
    Agrippa likes this.
  20. Siddar Augur