Hates Fury - Anniversary Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Duhbeast Augur

I think keeping it limited creates value. A need to want to rise up and join a raiding guild to obtain this type of item. It creates value in the guilds that are able to raid this every 3 days, and are dedicated to it. Do you get what I'm saying? There has to be something to strive for, and imo limited events like this are a decent example. You want nice augs and items? Step up your game and join a raiding guild.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Just to preface, I have some items from these raids, and raid.

Not everyone has the time to be in a raiding guild. Not everyone wants to devote that kind of time, and I cannot blame them. The anniversaries are not, welcome to 17 years of raiding, its 17 years of Everquest, and it should have something for all players, in every aspect. If they made something for the group game (which they really didn't) then the raiders could enjoy it. On the flip side, most of your thrown together raids are not going to beat this event, it takes a bit more finesse than that.

I believe that they should be looking at the overall player base and throwing them bones, cause well, it isn't getting any bigger, least not on the live servers.
    Agrippa likes this.
  3. Duhbeast Augur

Ok, well the folks who don't have the time to raid should not expect top end hand outs. I already said in a previous post that I agree there could have been another group mission with a smaller hand out for other players, on top of the raid event. To extend the raid, because there weren't hand outs for people who don't want to put in the effort, doesn't sound like a reasonable fix.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

I believe they should have made the raid to be more accessible to a higher amount of the masses, and maybe not put the grade of loot that they did on them. A 50 ac aug would have been fine, with half the hstats and did it like the ToFS anni raid and it would have been much better received by many.
  5. Blurred_Memories Augur

how much time do you imagine raid guilds actually spend raiding? there are two guilds able to clear TBM raids on my server, one raids for for up to 2 hours 4 nights a week, the other raids for up to 3 hours 2 nights a week with a temporary 3rd night when learning a new expansion. raids are a varying degree of optional in both guilds. depending on the guild and time of year.. this is a maximum of 9 hours a week.

how much time does one spend in game not raiding?
  6. Agrippa Augur

That most people that play aren't raiding is hardly due to time investments alone. There are a huge number of reasons, any one of which would prevent people from raiding.

I'm part of a guild where most of the members raid. It's a casual guild and I love the atmosphere there. I don't raid with them, for one, because the raids start at 10pm est and I'm normally in bed by then.

Why not join another guild that raids end game content? I've been there and done that and I've even tested the waters in one or two other raiding guilds on the server. The raid leaders were very negative and the guild allowed constant griefing and harassing members from within, let alone to outsiders. Raiding or not, I'm very happy being a member of the casual guild that I'm in and they've a number of serverwide firsts being as casual as they are and constantly keeping a positive and family friendly atmosphere. These things are more important to me than pixels. I'd assume that the same is true of most that don't raid.

The fact is, for the first anniversary in EQ's history, the 17th anniversary had no new content for the vast majority of players. I guess that Holly and the devs feel that anniversary content just isn't for dirty casuals.
  7. Maedhros High King

This is really still going on?
    Or for the first time in its history, there was only a high end raid that was a challenge for the more hardcore guilds as a way to say "thanks for busting your butts raiders, have some great loot if you can get it!"
    About time!

I had no problem during the 16th anniversary that there was no raid. That Black Pearl is a crazy great reward for a super easy mission, congrats groupers!

This year there is no content for groupers, but I dont remember being sent a spreadsheet that said anything about there being guaranteed content for raiders and groupers every year for the anniversary, or did mine get lost in the mail?

Maybe next year there will be no anniversary content because there is so much whining about Hates Fury. This is why we cant have nice things!

You gotta learn to roll with the punches folks.
    Time to go polish my shield and aug!
  8. CaptAmazing Augur

Congrats groupers?! What? You're using it too! Don't be a hypocrite and delete it. In fact delete all your augs from group content. You dont need it. Not when you have over powered raid gear and plow through content groupers can't with the same ease.

The amount of group players that play this game and support it so EQ can continue to give you raids and you chose to belittle and mock them because they feel jipped? Honestly, i can't tell if youre so possessive or just having a little fun at everyones expense.
  9. segap Augur

The big difference is the group anniversary missions give rewards coveted by both group and raid geared players. They provide wanted augs and clickies for everyone. I'm all for having a raid, but the first priority needed to be something for everyone.
    Agrippa likes this.
  10. Dibab Augur

not to mention its the best shield for tanks in the game that drops in this event
  11. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Thraine.....I have the Augs. I want everyone to have a chance at the loot. At this point, it is NOT POSSIBLE. if we all have a "BEELION DKP". its still not possible. Don't be such an hat and send people to 7-11 for a issue box. I am against the lockout. Or perhaps the time it is available.
  12. Vrinda Augur

I think you just proved someone's point. Those two guilds are probably also the only ones on your server able to farm the anniversary raid. That's what? 108 to 120 or so subscribers who even have a chance at the loot from this raid. Why in the green fields of Norrath would you spend development time creating an anniversary celebration event that will be experienced and enjoyed by only a hundred or so subscribers per server?

In my opinion, this isn't about joining an uber raiding guild to have a chance at the loot that drops on the anniversary raid. It's about having only an anniversary celebration event where the vast majority of subscribers are intentionally shut out.
    Agrippa and RangerDanger#1 like this.
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

while I agree they should have done more for the groupers in game, without a doubt on this anniversary pursuit of theirs, I also have to put my 2cents in on the griping about the raid....groupers of course aside, i honestly do not see any reason why ANY raiding guild that has done any TBM and has finished TDS cannot do this raid. It isnt REMOTELY as hard as PoW raid is/was and frankly its all about timing and strategy, its not a over zealous dps check event or impossibly hard, it really isnt. IMO there isnt a reason why a seasoned, NOT "UBER" raiding guild cannot take this event down. Pure and simple.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

It really depends on the guild. You are talking top end. In the guilds I raid with they put in a lot more than that.

but you are still missing the point, many people are not single and young playing this game anymore. even though i am in a raiding guild that does it 4 nights a weeks i find it hard to hit them sometimes because family matters can get in the way. Others have the same issues. If you have an active life it can be hard to be part of a raiding guild.
  15. Kunon Augur

Nearly every mid tier guild I know of (including mine) lands in the 3 raid days, 7 - 10 hours total per week range until the expansion is down. Then one of those days tends to get dropped, especially with summer. Are you guys raiding just to raid? IE doing TDS events and stuff?

**Edit
    As for the anniversary raid, I would put it in the middle of TBM T1 difficulty similar to Wither/Decay. My guild which has not yet beaten the expansion handles the anniversary raid fairly easily and downs it every regularly scheduled raid day that it is up.
  16. Thraine Augur

Not everyone will get that aug assuming the event is temporary. but just cause you raid does NOT mean your entitled to every single piece of raid loot available. maybe i came on strong about this .. but man this entitled attitude is just lame, grow up a little and stop whining so dam much. your not going to get everything you want in life or in MMOs.
    Thancra likes this.
  17. savrin Augur

I really think DBG dropped the ball on anniversary events this year. There was nothing for everyone and a super hard event for raiders. So basically just a few guilds per server have any new anniversary content at all. Only top end raid guilds can do this raid. Everyone else can try it but probably don't have the skilled players required to beat it.

I am all for challenges and value content but not for stuff that is only once a year and rare. That alone gives it value. Everyone who is in a raid guild should be able to do this. Why they continue to make content only for the top 5% of people in the game I have no idea. Especially since we all pay the $15 a month for the game(excluding silver who cannot raid anyways).
  18. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Adetia --- I have always loved to read your posts. You are clearly a leader and all around good person.
    adetia likes this.
  19. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Don't be so presumptuous. I never said entitled to loot. That's all you "brah". I said entitled to a CHANCE at loot. Entitled attitude: Like women entitled to vote? Black people entitled to freedom? Pilgrims entitled to religious freedom? .... the list goes on... Clearly; entitled attitudes are lame. Lets all just lay-down and accept the things we don't like.
  20. Roxxanna Augur

The whole ignorant- "hand out" comments are getting old. Much like the TLPs, we are now at each other's throats over stupid decisions the Devs have made. This is Anniversary time, there should be fun for all. I don't give a rats about the augs, they do nothing except give people a holier than thou attitude. Go jerk off in your Ferrari. The Gnome race is nothing but annoying gen chat spam. There needs to be more pick up raid friendly content. Some of us DO have the time, DO have the skill, and DO have the desire to do these kind of events, but DONT have the willingness to turn their back on their family guild to join a raid guild. EQ is dying and you all better start opening up your county clubs to us filthy flip-flop wearing casuals, or we all die.