Has Anybody Here Seen The Shadiest Swashbuckler?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Malaras Apprentice

2. Fendy Augur

I would greatly like to know your method of farming 1-2 million plat in a day.
  3. Kravitz Augur

Setup 10+ traders in bazaar, giving you access to 1000+ trade slots, setup 2 buyers buying and controlling a monopoly on the demanded items. Become a reseller, and control a monopoly on high demand items. Easily, can make 1-2 mill a day.

Buy Oath of Marr, Xorbb's Caged Hatred for around 300k, 500k respectively and resell them for 2 mill, 4 mill. Ancient Cloak of Flames/Crested Mistmoore Ring, CotF rare drops for 1 mill, and resell them for 4+ mill. Then there are tradeskill drops, you can create a serious monopoly on the high demand ones for a few weeks and just keep buying out the supply over and over in bazaar, till you are the one controlling the market.

Easiest way to make plat, without putting in much effort going out and actually doing any work. Just setup a bunch of traders and buyers and control the market.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

That wouldn't work on Bertoxxulous. Nobody's dumb enough to sell those things that cheap. I know, I've had a Barterer up forever offering the maximum for all those items.

I don't dispute that you can make that much.

I think if I wanted to do it, I'd become the CotF rare exchange. Exchange whatever CotF rare for an equivalent for your class for a few hundred thousand.
  5. Kravitz Augur

Doesn't have to be just those items, tradeskill items (tainted feathers buy the at 70 pp resell them for 1000pp, rk 2 spells from current and previous expansion sell well too. Dreadmotes for example go for 120k+, buy them for 40-50k , resell them for 120k+. Tradeskill stuff sells extremely well. And don't forget to inflate your price over and over each time someone buys out the whole supply in bazaar. So your monopoly still holds.

Since you have 1000+ tradable slots accessible, and if you keep your traders and buyers up 24/7 with hardly any competition in bazaar these days its easy to make a huge profit, all you need is about 1-2 mill pp to get started.
  6. FcsevenXIII Augur

If it's one item per day then it's unfair. You'll get the usual guy with a million bots set up at each known spawn point farming each item endlessly. I suggest the devs rethink this.

Maybe just let everyone buy the one item per day. What is wrong with that?
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Unlimited free accounts.
  8. Goth Augur

ok i have not seen any item linked that might be for sell worthy of spending millions of plat. I just dont get some of this junk. why is it so valuable?

why would someone go through so much trouble to spend a bunch of plat on some relative garbage.
  9. Fendy Augur

Lol. I have enough trouble keeping 2 accounts all-access. One vendor is mostly 24/7 and the other is up whenever I'm not playing. I don't want to turn into the baz plat farmers I complain about now.
  10. Fendy Augur

On Bristlebane Marcia is currently up at the adventurer's camp. Had nothing to sell. Unless she won't display anything if I'm not carrying 10 million plat. If that's the case I'll never see anything on her.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Before... Because of rarity.. Braging rights.. Nostalgia... Etc.. In a few cases, the item may still have functional utility.

With these vendors... I'm at a loss. They're reproductions with nothing to distinguish them otherwise. That causes the origin of said items to be questioned and possibly misrepresented. The lack of no longer entering the game will reduce their mystique and status... even if it takes years.

Good or bad depends on each individual's take.

I missed getting the flag/title for the ToFS event years and years ago, even though I participated in the whole thing. (Hail npc ran out of flags). I don't have my title, but it hasn't affected my game play... Nor has selling my mana stone.

Like eating tacos... This too shall pass.
    guado likes this.
  12. Flat Toad Elder

Specifically, she is at Butcherblock Wayfarer camp on Luclin server today.
    But yeah, seems to have nothing in stock. lol... incidentally, some indication/partial list of what "rare" items she buys would be kinda ok... whenever she actually opens for business.
    P.S. one Noble (her currency of choice) = approx. 110k pp and yes, of COURSE there is a Noble exchanger right beside her....also one in most any bank.
  13. Uxtalzon Augur

Would've been easier to just put these rare items back into the game (I.E. dropped once more), but this method nets them profit. That's all there is to it. They can't seem to add anything new without putting a price wall behind it or "tax" or some other thing that requires it. That's the F2P model other MMOs adopted and turning a quick buck is all that matters.

So to buy anything would cost millions of platinum, and 10% more because it's using Nobles. For players, the fastest and easiest way of making money is purchasing Krono and selling it to players. That's what they hope players will eventually do, and it's of no consequence how rare the NPC/items are because they already got your $17.99 per Krono and 10% skimmed from Nobles.
    Terminat likes this.
  14. TB_AB New Member

She can be found using "Find" ;)
  15. ModRanger Lorekeeper

16. Rouan Augur

She offered nothing for Guktan Pastwatch Eye. So there ya go.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

She is currently in North Ro on Vox. She has nothing for sale, even after I clicked off "Show only items I can use". I also purchased a Noble to see if that would make her wares appear, but it did not.

I also got the message "I'm sorry. I don't have any items that you can use at this time. Come back and see me again once you become more accomplished."

Is it confirmed that she only has one item per day for sale, and that the first person to find her on respawn can grab the item? I wish the mods would answer some of these questions specifically. When a player answers, there is no way to know if they have the correct info. :eek:
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Marcia spilled her loot during Ship-to-Ship combat.

Any buyback on "Al'Kabor's Propylon of the Nexus" - unlimited Nexus Gate clicky?
  19. suka Lorekeeper

while i might consider the 100k price tag on her stuff, i refuse to pay an extra 10k to have that 100k converted to a noble. that's crazy.
  20. Stickietoes Augur

Yep, a whole 200k she offered me for the Circlet.