EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Illusionist_Innania, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Tegila Augur

my point. there is some truth to it..but at the same time it also demonstrates teh ages old sky is falling philosophy that has yet to come true
    BoomWalker likes this.
  2. BoomWalker Augur

It is a start...but it would be nice to see...someday?....something like this:

- Mercs where you can give them (as announced) armor but any / all slots...even the dropped stuff from the missions or named. Give them the drop...the component for the class (healer for example) and some plat or something you buy to make for mercs only (not the box thingy). This would let us gear our mercs with all slot items and even make dropped items. Think about a raid geared merc...that would be great!!!

- Mercs spell lists. This would be where you setup the spells the merc casts. Have the standard Reactive, Balanced, and Efficient stance and spell list...but let players make up spell lists for those stances beyond the standard list they have now.

- Allow healer mercs to have an option (checkbox) to do battle rezzes. Rez during a fight is sorely lacking for merc healers.

- Allow the merc armor slots to take augs as well. Those spell damage augs would be wonderful for merc dps casters. Or AC augs for the merc tanks.

- Mercs you can give weapons. This works for the melee mercs...

- Let mercs wear Hero's Forge stuff. Sure, force folks to waste $$ to get the option too...
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I hope they put the text so it can be turned off the same as the sound, it got very tiring having it spam after going through Plane of Shadows raid a couple of times.
    BoomWalker likes this.
  4. Recnarp Augur

You do have to see it and understand from a raider's perspective, Elidroth. You don't cater to the elite anymore. Got it, but that doesn't mean going forward that we want less complex raids and more NToV types. NToV was successful due to the tank/spank mechanics and no prior flagging required. If this is the system going forward with the first 4 zones being released, why would any raiding guild (low-tier or elite-tier) ever want to go back to T4?

Basically what I'm saying is I don't want to see "your *hard* raids await you in 8 months when we finally release the other zones."
  5. Riou EQResource

If it's a cool class/race combo it's gonna be lame :p who wants to re-roll a 20+ day played alt! :p
    Sinestra likes this.
  6. BoomWalker Augur

Welcome back grumpy dev...someone else has been posting on your account earlier! :mad:

But I agree with Kelefane and your position.
    Diptera likes this.
  7. Recnarp Augur

Even though experience is pretty easy to come by, it wouldn't surprise me seeing some people make halflings just for the experience bonus then switching once maxed. Probably just a minor issue, but just another reason to not allow race changes for new race/class combos? o_O
  8. krozman Augur

When you attempt to clarify what is said and what is not said, it's best not to be even more cryptic than the original statement. Let me help you.

"We're not going to make the mistake of making another Triunity raid, but we're not going to make EQ like NToV either. We're tuning all future raids to be beatable as current content by more than just the top 10 guilds, i.e. the 30 that have beat HoF1 thus far."

And when you're talking about raid difficulty, what exactly are "things" that have to be more "in-context?" Are you saying that raid difficulty now has to be tied to the lore of it all, or that perhaps difficulty is a measure of what is going on in the story, rather than just 1. Dodge AE1. 2. Kill 20 adds. 3. follow X emotes?

I'm not sure what context you're talking about, but the raiding community is making our point very clear: Make raids that aren't dumbed down. Seriously. Make a REVERSE NToV, where the progression, lore, etc raids are the easy ones, and you give us an overtuned beatdown zone. Make the loot marginally better so we can chase it and maybe spend time during the year making ourselves better trying to beat it. You don't even have to give us pretty art or new character models or anything. Just Nintendo hard.

I would very much like to say that on our next expansion, we wipe as many times as we win, something that hasn't been occurring much lately.
  9. Hatsee Augur

Basically they aren't going to let Dzarn make raids at all and Elegist is going to have his double checked before they are called easy enough. That's it from the sound of things.
  10. BoomWalker Augur

Let me give it a shot...

He means that jumping out the window being there because the Shadow of Decay committed suicide by jumping out of a window before he became a shadow would be in context. Thus, jumping out of the window makes sense in the raid context.

But since that has nothing to do with the mob or the raid lore it was unnecessarily complex to make the event harder...but was out of context.

Those types of changes to raids would be welcome. We will have to wait to see if I got close to what he meant...
  11. Greyowl Augur

I truely hope you dont succeed. If there is a new race/class combo that i like better than what i have (be it main or alt) id love to just switch.

Edit: Ah, wait...race switch = cost sc = real $ for soe = i dont have to worry :).
  12. Deillusional Augur

Seems to me that this expansion might be another LoY. :( and best case scenario another LDON but with some raids attached in attempt to appease the raiders.

Alternatively introduce very hard raids like you did in GoD, and Underfoot (my fav expansions btw!) and then say ooops we intended a level increase and do it in T2 !
  13. Deillusional Augur

This would be sad if it was the case. Dzarn's raids are good, so is Elegist's but not when they are toned down.
  14. Hatsee Augur

Of course I was joking. They are just the two that tend to have complex raids for reasons that don't make sense. This doesn't mean I disliked them all, but I can see why many would.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Reasons or not they are the ones who make the fun raids, they still need to be allowed to be creative, I'm sure they can be creative and make reasons make sense! :D
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

New race/class combos won't make people play the low end game. Just like adding paladins/sks/rangers to gnomes/halflings did nothing of the sort. Really just punishing people for no reason by restricting their choice. If someone wants to pay a few bucks to race change, no reason not to when you allow it for every single other available race, particularly if its a race/class combo people have wanted forever which is why they voted for it.
    beryon, Hatsee and Tegila like this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This sounds good, looking forward to seeing what the new combos will be. :)
    I could use a new project to keep me entertained.
  18. wingz-83 Augur

I will. I'm just more confused by it with what we know thus far than anything else.

It's just kinda why I don't watch TV anymore, start a show with characters that are neat but then forget about them about in season 3 and concentrate on making different storylines that never get finished. Maybe a couple of token references down the line..but pretty much nothing. It's not that I don't like new lore, but a weave into the existing characters that made norrath great and memorable would be neat.

Example: Dragon appears in WK wanting help to go home. Through a series of events we discover that in it's own dimension it got stuck in the Ethermere or whatever. Turns out that is where FV/Lanys went after their explosion in Neriak. Dragon makes a backdoor deal with Lanys and gets sucked into our time/dimension instead of going home. Lanys is let out using the dragons assistance but doesn't help dragon, FV is stuck and Nedaria wakes up letting us know that Norrath is out of balance with Lanys free and FV stuck. Start off doing dragon tasks because it wants to go home and realizes that Lanys lied and won't help but FV might with her friend Al'Kabor one of the most powerful wizards ever. However he needs pieces through a series of missions/raids (game events whatever..) he gets what he needs to start the spell. Lanys likes Norrath out of balance and doesn't want FV back so the players prevent her forces from stopping Al'Kabor from opening a portal to the Ethermere (or whatever it was) or the portal will fail. Win the final raid, FV is back on Norrath to continue her fight, dragon goes home, Lanys loses but is still lurking out there as a real threat and the players get otherworld gear or whatever.

Sums it up nicely. Al'Kabor needs to help the dragon because the dragon knows the origin point to direct the spell to get FV out. Dragon needs Al'Kabor's help because it can't open a portal back on its own. Nedaria wakes up and helps out to recover items to involve wayfarer's brotherhood for LDoN 2.0 experience. Lanys doen't want FV back at all so goes against this. Players are involved every step of the way from gathering spell objects through various means to pushing back the hordes in a raid. All the characters are interwoven and connected.

^^^Terrible fanfiction but whatever. Show don't tell ......and in an MMO, experience the show!.
  19. Tobynn Augur

New class/race combos -- cool, I guess. Dunno what forbidding race changes to new combos would accomplish. Force existing players to make new characters? Why?
    Tegila and Sinestra like this.
  20. Illusionist_Innania Augur

I certainly don't raid for loot to rot, loot starts rotting and we stop doing those raids.[/quote]

The bodies, not souls of the dead used to go to Shadow Rest, although that doesn't happen any more.

And anyways, who's to say that Shadow Rest isn't a part of the Etheremere anyways? We've visited many sub-sections of various planes before.