EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Illusionist_Innania, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Kelefane Augur

In todays EQ, hard/c0ckblocking raid content would destroy the mid tier. A lot of those of those guilds are hanging by a string as it is.
    Xeladom, Elricvonclief and Tegila like this.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

Because making overly complicated or involved raids that require 40-45 people to play like every event was pillars is working so great right now?

Doing Xorbb1 a couple of times for flags only instead of doing it over and over every week is bad how?
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

Bring back raids like Sanctum Somnium #5 Elements of a Dream. It's a rare excursion where the raid is.... FUN. That's the keyword. Fun.

Resplendent Temple raid where complexity = bugs, bugs THAT NEVER FREAKING GET FIXED. DPS fights like Beast's Domain are nice, but literally become monotonous.

Give us raids where we have to "defend" our position. It's always us attacking "them" or "it". Mix it up. Or have armies, real armies, instead of a raid of us and a handful of useless NPCs against the enemy. Give us a raid where the more NPCs we save, the more join us in the final battle, much like Unveiling the Mystery mission in Chelsith Reborn. The more slaves we save (some can die from enemies getting aggro and they take their anger out on them), the more join you in the final fight to the giant statue snake dude.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. oogolx Elder

Like the one mpg raid that was a fun raid
  5. Kyreth Elder

I loved the raid events in Meldrath's Majestic Mansion. Some of them were very complex, like the Battle Room and Brinda Sprockets, but you could assign your most reliable players to do the complicated things, while the rest of the raid took care of the basics. Others were just hilarious and gave us lines that I still remember to this day such as:

Assistant Fudindle shouts 'Oh my! Oh dear! Invaders! Intruders! Alert! Alert!'

Geartop shouts 'Deal with it! Whatever you do, don't open that door. They can't get in unless you open the . . . Idiots. I'm surrounded by fleshy idiots.'

and

Seneschal Bargangle Tinkerson shouts 'Die! Die in a fire!'

If we could have more raids like the ones in that zone I would be a happy camper. I also miss having a raid zone instance filled with events as opposed to several separate instances. Will we ever do that again? I like storming the castle.
    Elricvonclief and Ishtass like this.
  6. Insaneox Augur

Xorbb 1 still sucks! Never liked the event the buggy fireballs and silly emote system. Pure junk raid.

The 3 new raids not to bad but the mini's need coins added to them otherwise it's hard to be motivated to do them. They take clearing a bunch of mobs and then kill lot of times = 1 item and 3 spells? Speaking for RF only ones needing spell gems is apps and twinks.
    Xeladom and Kelefane like this.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

The motivation to do the minis is that the initial trash has a chance to drop the higher-end augs.
    The minis' chest are the only chests that contain the specific T4 Charm, Range, and Back items.
    Defeating the minis unlocks those specific pieces on the T4 raid vendor.

The difficulty of the 3 events wouldn't really justify offering 10 coins from them.
  8. Treesong Elder

Anyone know if they will revamp West Karana or just make a 2.0 version alongside the original? I hope the latter because the original zone is one of my longstanding favorites.

Cheers!
  9. Edrick Augur

It will be like a new Feerrott, a separate zone. Thank goodness. The Karanas are such a special set of zones, it would be heartbreaking to lose one.
  10. Treesong Elder

Thanks, that is good to hear. Just the other week I spent a few evenings there, just doing nostalgia stuff. I plan to do a couple of old school quests there too like the Langseaxe of the Wolves quest. For some reason I have more patience now to savor the old Lore, so I am glad all that old content is still there.

Elidroth should be pleased. :)
  11. Insaneox Augur

So motivation is to get Aug you can farm solo? Yes, events are easy but maybe make it so if you kill mini's you get extra piece of loot/ visable in event 1 chest. Then I would say fair enough.
    Imrahil likes this.
  12. Tegila Augur

id think the statement that they contain the only chamr range and back items should be sufficient motivation...especially if theyre that simple
  13. Cicelee Augur

I do think some coin would be satisfactory, considering only the one actual drop per event. If you have 3 coin drop per event, that is an extra 9 per week. I do not personally an extra 9 coin per week is game breaking, especially considering new/alternate and comparable gear is coming in less than six seems or so.

Nine currency per week over the next six weeks does not even equal an ability to buy a non visible piece. By then the new hotness will be dropping on raids, which means this currency will be somewhat devalued...
    Viltaire likes this.
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

If they dropped currency then the costs on the vendors would just be higher. So its irrelevant.
    Rainbowdash and Straahdx like this.
  15. Straahdx Augur

^ this.
  16. Coruth Augur

Personally I'd break up raids by feel.

1-2-3 Easy Raids. Easy Raids are raids that have no Trigger Mechanics. They can be split run by elite guilds (Target 24-30ish for a top 10 guild). They shouldn't be locked by anything other than easy raids. These are the raids that end up as Server/Guild Pugs ((Which are important for keeping some people going)) Examples: House of Thule Upper / Grounds (Flaw: you had to beat Feerot)
    Sarith/Argath
    BG2 (Flaw you had to beat T1)

Medium Raids: Most Raids this expansion. This looks like its new normal.

Hard Raids: Here's where I'd do it a bit different. Don't make Hard Raids required for Progression. Lock some Loot on them (by class, not slot like T4. Say Berserker Range, the Cleric/Caster Cloak, etc) so min-maxers will want to unlock items/do them as time permits. But not have to do them if they want to settle for less min-maxed item.. Think Zek Brothers.
  17. Xirtket Augur

Enjoy T4? lol, if you mean horrible zone layouts and once again raids with way too many adds/locked behind adds, then no you won't be able to "enjoy" T4.

I foresee T1-T3 being zones people will revisit often, but T4 I foresee as being zones people will only go into if absolutely necessary
  18. Insaneox Augur

Coins not big deal. I was thinking the mini fights would be linked to chest like missions. Or better yet add 3-6 augs instead of items that are special to raiders. Something like mini fights use to be in past expansions.
  19. Rainbowdash Augur

This. Why do you think T2 is the most expensive currency gear set?

Because T2 RoF has 9 raids that result in 10 T2 currency each (Vulak, Breeding Grounds primary, Breeding Grounds Velishan mini, Evantil, Chapterhouse, Grelleth's and Xorbb 1, 2, and 3). T1 has 4, T3 has 2, T4 has 3.

Due to the sheer volume of T2 raids, T2 is the most expensive. Even more so than T3/T4.
  20. Zantor Augur

Biggest thing I want to know is where is T4 RoF gear going to be viable for all of this expansion, why not make it even like T5, T6 or such raid gear and group gear. Even with new raids, what is the incentive to do them. Rest of it sounds good to me but for this part. Many people will get bored fast IMO.
    Tegila likes this.