EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Illusionist_Innania, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Slasher Augur

Don't worry it cost $ to do it so your boss will most likely ignore you in favor of a quick buck :) BTW Froglok Berserker you'll get my $ that way :)
    Rainbowdash and Sinestra like this.
  2. oogolx Elder

Gnome zerker! Or give me a gnome illusion clicky that drops in new expansion that is all/all
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

But...but....but....all those months xping, AAing, farming illusion items, getting raid gears, doing all those achievements...it'll all be gone when I inevitably reroll RBD just so that she can be a vah shir mage! :( haha
  4. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

Elidroth will lose this one. This game is all about SC transactions anymore. Badda boom, badda bing.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kelefane like this.
  5. Pirlo Augur

The raids Dzarn made were very fun and popular from my understanding. (heck, even Shards Landing is still populated even after all this time)
    I hope to see more of them in CoTF
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Edrick Augur

<3 Dzarn
  7. Riou EQResource

Prob mentioning more Pillars of Alra raid from VoA :p
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  8. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

I am a bit confused about the lore of this new expansion. The title suggests that the story arc centers around Zebuxoruk, but after reading this thread I get the impression that a dragon from the alternate timeline is the focus. So is the end lore going to inevitably destroy one timeline and preserve the other (the thing that will "sweep the very foundations of the cosmos themselves" as he said in the conclusion of SOD), or are we going to see some kind of merger?

"Zebuxoruk says 'When the timeline is weak enough, a new assault will come to Norrath. By then your powers will be so great that both past and future will be evacuated, their peoples to make a last stand in the Now. What a magnificent effort that shall be, though it will be utterly futile. At the moment of your greatest despair, look up and see the Alabaster Tower which shall offer your [salvation].'"
  9. Edrick Augur

Oh yeah.

Sony should hire out Jay Barbeau for the expansion's music. I know everyone silences the music anyway but still, that would be cool.
    Dzarn likes this.
  10. Coruth Augur

1 Tank and Spank Fight per expansion where DPS can burn and go for highest burns is fun!

((Some of the fun of EQ is player vs player competition as much as PVE))
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As I've said before EQ2's entire timeline & lore is a huge heaping pile of ____ compared to EQ1's timeline and lore. EQ and EQ2 are separate games, period. Any attempt to make them into the same game or even the same storyline is just an act of utter ignorance on the part of any Developer, Producer, Executive, or anyone else.

Want to have a story arc or two in each game in which the lore for that specific arc (and only that arc) is the same; that is fine and good since the games are on parallel tracks to each other. But whoever even suggested the idea that they are going to get away with saying "Oh, now all the existing lore is changed to this junk lore we decided to use because we are lazy" does not deserve to still be employed in my opinion.
    TheQxx and BoomWalker like this.
  12. Casidia Augur

One of the most important things for any game, is sensible and increasing difficulty as you progress.
    For every aspect of the game..solo, duo, group, raid, doesn't matter.

The problems if this isn't balanced show everywhere..we have Raiders who complain about expansions beaten too fast (the final event i.e. should be very hard!), we have other Raiders who complain the first Raids are too hard for them (Underfoot example with Fippy and other "T1" raids).

Now if we make the first Raids not too hard, and the final ones very hard...everyone should be happy.
    Casual Raiders cannot complain that they cannot beat everything, they never been able to in the history of EQ. And hardcore Raiders have something to work on, and a challenge that repeats every week (remember OMM?)

Eldiroth and others, you should focus more on this part, and maybe less on how complicated events are.
    I don't care as long as they are somewhat fun, what really breaks or makes your content for Raiders is what i wrote above.

If you start releasing expansions partially now, with less raids, how will you manage the difficulty levels..
    that's what worries me, you won't have many happy Raiders if we see ROI beat the new stuff on release day because there is no super hard final event, and even worse make them and others throw around spoilers (because nobody cares anymore who beats what first), so that i who starts raiding 1-2 days after release already get tells with what we should do in an event we didn't try yet..!
    Elricvonclief and Tegila like this.
  13. Abazzagorath Augur

I'd rather have gatekeeper flag/progression events that are there for the sole purpose of challenging people that once you beat you rarely if ever need to go back and do.

I'd much rather see (for raids):

1) Set of t1/t2 content that is accessible to every raid guild
    2) Challenging t3 limited progression content that is a gatekeeper to the final zone
    3) T4 zone that is interesting but not overly difficult encounters within a theme (castle, dungeon, etc, all in same zone) that are not necessarily less difficult than the t3 but much less complex/annoying and more amenable to farming with low numbers once you have them down, except
    4) A final encounter in the zone with the best items in game locked behind it that is very challenging

Like how it used to be.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why put in a gatekeeper which will lockout the mid tier guilds, which is the sole reason we are getting easier raids in the first place?

Raids should get harder are you progress through each tier and getting better gear should make it easier to beat the next tier, though with the smaller increases in gear upgrades raids may not get much easier.
    or
    Each tier has X number of raids, X-1 of them is needed to progress to the next tier, the final raid needs the others beaten to request it (but not on lockout) it is slightly tougher than the others and drops loot equivalent to the next tier. When the next tier comes out hopefully the improved gear from that tier allows the lesser guilds to beat the raid they couldn't on the previous tier and with the loot being equivalent to what they are now getting still makes it worth doing. That way no guild should get stuck progressing through the tiers. Think of it being similar to how NTOV was with Vulak, but the final event can be requested separately once everything else it beaten once.

I dislike linear progression and would like to see the need for an event to be on lockout removed once the event has been beaten for the first time. It makes sense from a lore point of view the first time.
    Marton and Tegila like this.
  15. Felixus Journeyman

I have always like the idea of giving up one level every few months. Release the game and level 101 and some new aa's. 2 months later drop add another level and some more aa's. Keep that up until we are at the 105.
  16. Illusionist_Innania Augur

Sendaii was one of my favorite raids of all time, and the feeling of accomplishment when the guild I was in at the time beat her was amazing.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  17. Nolrog Augur

I thought the game was about Big Bad Bosses.
  18. Imrahil Augur

I liked Pillars as a raider, I hated it as a raid leader :p
  19. krozman Augur

ya make another raid where 75% of my guild can screw up and it's impossible for me to see it b/c i'm in another area. SUPER. I did like the final part of it with constantly facing away from that pillar thing though.
  20. fortuneteller Augur

Wow, I am sure that your guild members are happy that you saying 3/4 of your guild are incompetent ;)