EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Illusionist_Innania, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Koibutsu New Member

Why do people keep saying a level increase, when there isnt going to be one! sigh -
    Im super excited about this, reason why T4 is rolling into next expansion is the locking on each teir, which stretches out progress. So yah its pretty soon, but its also a smooth transition since only the first teir will be available, not the whole expansion like were used to.
  2. Heebee New Member

one thing the last few expansions have been missing imho is the progression keys forcing peeps to group to be able to see the content beyond teir 1. VOA and ROF were both OPEN expansions meaning you buy the expansion and can go into any zone you wanted with out any progression.
    I would personally like to see the progression locked expansions. you must complete the t1 progression to go into T2 and so on.
    I would really like to see more Raid content not just more instances but 1 zones (anguish like) we zone in and have multiple raid targets in 1 zone. NTOV was super easy but I like the concept of having multiple mobs in one zone.
    maybe something like the old original POFEAR that all mobs had potential to drop a raid gear piece the big mobs dropped Non visibles and such.
    Tegila likes this.
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

They should put all these missions behind 3 zones of see invis so you can't run and join your friends. Oh wait no it wouldn't be awesome.
  4. Shruella New Member

I keep seeing it quoted that Tier 4 RoF gear will remain "relevant" throughout CotF. Everyone here seems to be acting like that means only lateral or minor upgrades in raid content, but isn't it just as possible they mean that Tier 4 RoF raid gear is going to continue to be more valuable than any CotF group gear, and thus "still relevant." If I were a betting man, I would bet on there being more or less the same % increase in hp/mana and focus effects on the raid gear over the life of this expansion as there has always been. It will be nice however, to not have the raid gear from the end of this expansion rendered more or less worthless by the group gear from the next one - preserving the raid progression sequence for at least two years instead of what has become the customary one year.
  5. Mysl Augur

I am a bit different than you on this one. I like the way RoF handle group contents. All zones are open and you can go to any zone you want. This actually make grouping with guildmates easy. No need to find out what they are missing, just "/gu group looking for more, come join us." and you get a group going.

The issue with locked progression style is that if you missed the time period while everyone is doing the progression, it is hard to get a group.

I keep seeing this "force" people to group. Why? Not everyone wants or have the time to group all the time, why force people do things just that they can play and enjoy the game?
    Sita and Marton like this.