EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Illusionist_Innania, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Casidia Augur

Wait a sec...Kunark and Velious had "a few" raid encounters?
    Alright...and you also say the game is still the same now, and people would be here after 15 years to do the things they did when not much besides Eq1 existed. Alright...
  2. Bigbear Augur

raiding is important to the ones that like raiding... and EQ1 has alot of raiders from hard core elitist to the casual raiders... but there are just as many that dont care about raiding at all... but EQ wouldnt be dead without raiders... would be less people of course but not dead...
  3. savrin Augur

I assume they are gonna have more content than just this and it won'be for 14 months of farm. They should at least release content with better gear like they did years ago when there was no level cap increases at 70 and 85.
  4. Langya Augur

You could alter your rules. Maintaining policy from the first Naggy raid is just another of the massive onslaught of flaws in the EQ community that is not on the devs to remedy. The game devs do not maintain the same playbook expac by expac and expect players to adapt to the times. Being adaptable means you survive and flourish. Otherwise, enjoy the death of your guild through obstinance.
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its catch 22, the majority of the guild don't want alts to have loot, if you start doing it they will quit, if we don't we don't raid so much. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Opinion may change with this set up who knows. But with the difficulty of raids right now, it may not matter that we are down on numbers, our first win on HoF1 was with 41, it messed up the flagged for HoF2 but hey thats life, only delayed us a week. Still finished the expansion 12th serverwide.

I'm torn until I hear exactly what we are getting and when. I hate change and I'm really not sure this going to be my cup of tea, but then I may be surprised and enjoy it. I didn't enjoy LDoN I'm just hoping this is different.

There is still some old stuff I want to do, so even if I'm not in current content I'll find something to do. Killing greys makes no difference than killing exp mobs when your maxed, they just die quicker. :) Just need to convince some others that Ashengate and Frostcrypt is the place to be. :)
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  6. Rainbowdash Augur

I still keep Ashengate on lockout. Frostcrypt was much nicer to me. AG refuses to drop my illusion..... kinda like the hundreds of dollars I've dumped into not getting a Siren in LoN =.= lol After that I just need the HoT Bunny, OMM Guktan and the Brell's Arena Kobold and I'll have all the in-game illusions!

Plenty of old achievements I'm still working on too. There's always something to do in this game, it's just a matter of whether you want to do it or not :p This is how I spend my EQ time between raids haha. Like you said, no difference between xp mob or not besides the ease of killing them if you're maxed.
  7. Cakvala Augur

Great post, i do the same thing ... I get tired of grinding I go back and murder things in mass ! Eastern waste Dragons never see whats coming when I arrive!
  8. Zalmonius Augur

Because they didn't want to force someone to raid just to learn the story line of the expansion. Figure only 5-10% of guilds can clear the expansion before the next one is released. That means, only 5-10% of the people in the game ever get to experience the storyline associated with the expansion. If I was a writer, I'd be pissed. If I was a player, I'd be annoyed, because I paid for an expac and I never even got to figure out the whole story.

Thus came the time of copying raids into group missions.
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  9. Tegila Augur

Rainbowdash likes this.
  10. strongbus Augur

I want to know one thing. WHY in the world did they not increase the level to 105? There is zero reason for them not to. The last time they did an exp with no level increase(UF) it did not go good as the mobs in t1 uf where so powerful as to be to much unless you where full geared in the void level t4 group/t1 raid stuff. I hope this is not going turn out like UF all over agian. I like the rest of what they want to do in the new exp but this.
  11. EverChanter Augur

Yea...no. These missions were built with the raids in mind and trickled down to the group level, you have it backwards. It's been ALL about raids since Underfoot on, and the game's content for groups was LDoNs and maybe the group access for Solteris (still just flagging to raid). Everything since PoP has been built on a flagging system to get to the raids.

So what...Your guild will either adapt or fold. It's been like that forever. It falls onto leadership to find ways to keep players playing, maybe it's time for your rules to change.
  12. Marton Augur

My thoughts exactly. No level increase for the whole year, easier raids (with items that are not much of an upgrade to what we already have from t4) .... and perhaps that was the idea - to make it so easy that people will have time to try out eq landmark and eq next when it's released.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

yep, been working hero's journey the only one left to finish now is the charm, hence the return to Ashengate and Frostcrypt to get the drops from their, did Daoshen the other day that was a blast and still not a pushover. :)
  14. Imrahil Augur

Thanks for the info, appreciated
  15. BoomWalker Augur

"ALL ABOUT RAIDERS" isn't "ALL ABOUT HIGH END RAIDERS"

Not even close...making raids less complex will likely increase the number of folks raiding going forward...not reduce it...but those top raiders that finish raids on release day won't go away...they will just raid less... Some may stop playing...but as a percentage of the player base they are not the majority (LOL that made me laugh)...but lets hope it won't lead to nobody able to do the end zone / tier / game update raids someday.
  16. BoomWalker Augur

It is on the Internet now...so it is true...so there!!! *sticks tongue out*
  17. BoomWalker Augur

More details needed but text communication needs to stay a part (big part) of the lore input method. Make it in a book you can find in a library in the city...or a scroll you find in a cave...

It cannot be all audio...nor can it be all visual. Moving away from text is a bad plan...if it is so little text you can't follow the lore at all.

Sages in a fantasy world do nothing but gather lore and research it...scribes write it down...why not include both of these as NPCs where you can do research to get at least SOME lore and then go out and learn more...

But the idea of sitting in a room...listening to some mob babble about something and then it tries to kill you...that is a bad lore transfer method. It is fine for some lore...but really...most folks are busy trying to get ready to say alive and engage the mob. And there is no way to keep that lore for later review?

Audio and visual "lore" will be fine if balanced with text lore options. History...should be written...or in drawings/paintings would work...but having to notice that a tree moved (visual) or listening to a guard talking to another guard and hoping a player 'gets it' might be too much...

More details will help...
  18. BoomWalker Augur

Absolutely...totally agree...

The post didn't say Everquest is/was raid centric. That is your term. It said it was famous for its large format raids. Those are different things...so no..EQ isn't raid centric...correct...but it is/was famous for large format raids.
  19. BoomWalker Augur

Perhaps there is some truth to it still? I mean if defensive devs back then are like grumpy dev today I can understand the feeling expressed in the letter.
  20. BoomWalker Augur

Yep...plenty of guild mergers going on over time as the population shifts and content changes. If your guild dies...so be it...the players will move...if your guild absorbs other guilds to survive...that will work too...