EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Illusionist_Innania, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Falos Augur

I'm pretty much not excited from what i've heard about the new expansion (aside from merc aa's) for the most part but I reserve my judgement till i've played around in it a bit / seen what kind of bugs or problems there are.

Also I don't really blame the devs in the slightest for the small amount of initial content (zones and such) I feel the timeline they are given and the pressure they are under is the fault of someone higher up the chain. The only thing i'd blame the devs for is if the missions have broken conquests again or conquests that dont have unlock mechanics as decribed in the achievement and remain broken for like half a year.. thankfully that only happens sometimes though and not a ton.

The revisiting of zones that have recently been uncovered on the old continent could be interesting though, I'm particularly interested in seeing bixie warfont,, I hope west karana is done very well as a hub zone. Hub zones play a hugeeee (but not exclusive) role in how painful or pleasant an expansion plays out. Shard's landing was an amazing hub zone, argath was pretty terrible.
  2. Insaneox Augur

I did like the Ldon days especially doing Hard versions of the dungeon. I sure hope the rewards are going to be slot 3 augments, AC/ heroic augments, maybe some rare clickies, ect. If that is the case I think it could be fun.

Things that worry me is will any aa be added?
    How many new raids will be added?
    What will the story be with disk/spells?
  3. Endo Journeyman

Timetravel and alternate timeline crossovers have been a staple in sci if, fantasy, and comic books for a very long time. I'm not really sure where all the /nerdrage is coming from on this.

I chalk it up more to if there is one thing you can count on with this eq forum crowd is that no matter what, folks will complain and moan about everything. Some how, some way, it'll happen, no matter what.
    Tegila likes this.
  4. krozman Augur

This thread is like doom and gloom on steroids. Not only are you all insecure about the new expansion, but EQN suddenly becoming more and more viable (i.e. taking away raiders in your guild). I think this thread is more of a sandbox, and you guys are the ants....... and the devs are just shaking it over and over....laughing like a madman.
  5. Langya Augur

I would be excited for new content...if only I had time to play in what there already is! Money is not going to be budgeted for this new release.
  6. Kelefane Augur

Not much of a gear chase when it sounds like everything in the front half of next expansion will be 100% pure lateral. It sounds more cosmetic than actual upgrades.

I understand why they'd do that though because of T4 and the release being so close together. But yeah, it sounds like I wouldnt expect much at all in the form of actual AC/H/M/E upgrades.
  7. Langya Augur

Boring!

How do you get people to log on every raid night just to gear up some tertiary or even beyond alt? Eventually people will feel they need to take their goldfish for a walk, or change the headlight fluid in their car....
    Is it dedication or stupidity at that point, and whose fault is it?
  8. Kelefane Augur

To be honest, that old conspiracy theory of SOE trying to take EQ1 down the road of being a pure grouping game is beginning to grow legs.

Minimalistic approach with raids making them less and less interesting....More time spent on group content making it more and more interesting......etc. These things are happening right now before our very eyes.

Do away with the minority and cater to the majority.

It makes a lot of sense resource wise.

Also, a quote from Elidroth at the FF:
    The writing is on the wall.
  9. Hatsee Augur

Years of practice logging in for 1-2 days a week, a few hours at a time, to knock out raids you can literally almost do blind folded. Even the hardest raids drop to that status after a while.

It's habit, not much different than playing any other MMO where you log in to knock out daily tasks, or whatever the equivalent in EQ is.
  10. Insaneox Augur

The gear chase for me has been dead since RoF came out. In some ways its bad but some good as well. Just wish the coin system was better designed to be used on rare items. I'm sitting on tons of coins and zero value items to buy. I support the coin system but think it needs change to add all items. With the fast pace of releases stuff becomes outdated sooner. So, open all items on vendor right after event is beaten not hidden behind them silly achievements or the .005% odds. Or whatever powerball rate they have in place currently.

No complaints about new stuff I do like new content. Just please allow for all guilds to do task and test events in future. The invite only for us on euro timers gives us nothing.
  11. Langya Augur

Otherwords it is what you do, even if it becomes waaaaaay past redundant and is no longer even remotely interesting or fun. Sorry if I don't find the logic in it but then again a volatile schedule in real life takes me away from the game long before it gets to be stale so I never get to arrive at the point that you do. Still, if had more free time, after a while I would find something else to do with my time after the 6th+ month of farming for alts.
  12. Tegila Augur

gear is a bonus to raiding. raiding is its own reward, if you wanna jsut raid HoF for the whole next year and not experience the enxt expansion bc its all sjtu teh same stats..tahts your choice but youll be missing out. and jsut bc its the same stats generally doesnt mean there wont be good things to farm in each of them. but you miss the point about people begging to go back to tthe time when gear remained relevant for multiple expansions, now taht it will be just one time...boohoo. for all you know there will be 2-3 awesome items in each raid in addition to the need for the class weapon drops in HoF, taht will make you want to farm them all in addition to racing to thefinish line, who knows, right now ppl are jsut complaining to complain

cant even come CLOSE to complaining to me about raiding the same content forever, i raided teh same crap for over a year 3 of the last 4 years bc of hitting road blocks that those in the top 10 never even blink at while most of the game pounds their heads against before beating, or giving up. if doing so for 3 months or 6 months bugs you imagine how the resto f the game feels when everything is tuned around the bleeding edge perfectionist minmaxers who rush to the end then complain if htey dont have at least 4 months to farm and complain if htey ahve more than 5 months to farm, complain that gear isnt viable past next release then complain because its not enough of an upgrade thencomplain about yet another thing only the 1% of the game would ever care to complain about. coming from someone a little closer to "the rest" of the game, while still being much closer to min/max perfectionistic blah blah...be happy. just be happy theyre listening to the playerbase, bigtime, if you're not of the same opinion oh well, they cant please everyoen all the time afterall, but for once they will please a LOT of people at least with everything announced so far, and until you SEE the drops and the raids..and the retuning of thecurrency system..you have no idea what you're even complaining about yet
  13. Meliadus New Member

Ok, I've just browsed the thread and I might have missed the answer already but will this be a regular expansion release where you're required to shove up some 30-40 bucks for the expansion on an gold account? I mean, if this "staggered release" continues doesn't this imply "staggered payment" as well? If this expansion only means minor upgrades from RoF T4 and some eye candy like merc upgrades, where's my motivation for, at release, paying 4 accounts times expansion pack cost? It's like giving free interest rate float to SOE, paying fully for something still in production and that, maybe, will turn into something that I was paying for.
  14. Tegila Augur

idk if theyll ever stagger the payments thing due to teh fact that all expansion purchases have included all previous expansions for waht ..6-7 years now? so if htey split it up you can pay waht 10bucks every 3 months? would yo uget the previous expansion with that 10 bucks? would you still have to buy teh old exansion in order to buy taht one? what about the second one, would it include the first portion too? etc. it's hard to backtrack from the all-in-one expansion sales to a staggered payment system

now you yoruself coudl stagger it if you so choose..could buy 1 acct first tier antoher the next antoher hte next etc..but what fun is taht :)
  15. Meliadus New Member

I understand that Tegila, but for someone that has uniquely paid for every expansion for the last 13 years the "you get all the previous ones in the package" argument has zero to no value. I'm just saying that paying fully for a new expansion and then getting it randomly released, rather non-disclosed, over a year like RoF does feel like I'm buying a lottery ticket and farming my minor upgrades (or levelling alts) in hope for better times. It just, sadly, feels like I'd be better of playing something else waiting for the "T4 release" of CotF before paying/playing as there are little to no incentives to have it at "first release" as I could have e.g. jumped more or less straight into RoF T4 from VoA T4.

[No, I don't pretend to be the average/customary/elite/whatever player, this is just a personal reflection/question]
  16. Tegila Augur

teh advantage to having it on release day is having access all year not rushing through the last 2-3 months before the next one launches, also there are many more groups out there doing the stuff you can hook up with rather than trying to play catchup all teh time, that said, no one says you have to, if yo uwanna wait half the year first yo ucan do so, just saying theyre not going ot spread hte payments out all year especially after having made the game all-in-one each one for years now. there are many people waiting for this expansion to buy to get caught up on voa and rof already, and yeah i know how it goes ive bought every expansion as its come out for the life of all my gold accts, but im always excited to have soemthing new to do and dont want to put it off (the yucky parts ill procrastinate though lol)
  17. Edrick Augur

With West Karana being a new hub, one of the raids for that zone should totally be Chief Goomda. I demand it.
  18. Zalmonius Augur

Well, your mercs will have 4 equipment slots, hopefully that means you can get some raid gear on your mercs, making em beefier. There ya go, now you can farm loot for your mercs on raids!
  19. Kelefane Augur

So im guessing a primary and secondary slot, along with two visibles or non visibles?
  20. Riou EQResource

Should be Primary, Secondary, Chest, Helmet (the text from beta seemed to suggest it was merc only gear though?)