Ever Quest REBIRTH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zokaniz, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganton Scholar

Greetings,
    What the Zokaniz Message means about this was:

That there is only one command for both Withdraw Items, and people can abuse it for get things from the Deposit area without authorization. There should be two separate Options, an option for the Inside Bank items and a option for the Deposit area...

About the older expansions, a GM told me that SOE no longer sell them, and there is no way to acquire any old Beta Items as well. I would like to have many of those Seed of Destruction mercenaries, since I have been playing EQ from the beginning.

There should be a Beta token or something for be able to acquire those Old Beta Items. :)
    FEARLESS, Azrah, RED_LINE and 5 others like this.
  2. Fendy Augur

3. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

One can dream though (about the faction tab). :)
    RED_LINE, Lisandra and Ganton like this.
  4. Aeneid New Member

The faction mechanics of long ago (also known as Old World Faction) were way more interesting than the current dumbed down faction system. My vote is to bring back the deep and intricate faction system from the Old World (Like Shadows of Luclin, The Ruins of Kunark, ect...).
    RED_LINE likes this.
  5. Swarm Journeyman

Loved 'Old World Faction'. Bring it back please!
    RED_LINE and Lisandra like this.
  6. Ganton Scholar

(LIKE!! Like!)
    FEARLESS, Azrah, RED_LINE and 5 others like this.
  7. Zokaniz Master

Thanks everyone for the support!
    (Spread the word about this also).
    FEARLESS, Azrah, RED_LINE and 4 others like this.
  8. drew0987654 Augur

Your faction standing with Critters of Jaggedpine couldn't possibly get any worse. anyway, the reason ppl didn't like what they did to SRo and Freeport is b/c they completely changed them. they're just not even the same zones. we basically lost those zones and got new ones developed from a similar perspective. he isn't asking for a remake, he's asking for better graphics I think.... remaking them exactly as they are but with better graphics would be sweet, it'll never happen but it would be sweet.
  9. Dognu Journeyman

I'm ok with leaving the lvl cap alone. I like the graphics of the old world zones, gives a sense of nostalgia. I really don't have any interest in epic 3.0's, it's already tedious enough getting to lvl 100, never mind doing a long and tedious epic quest.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  10. Raynrace Augur

I think 1 change could make an amazing difference in Everquest.

Make a raid instance or 2 per expansion of a raid encounter that levels with the game.

Take the original raids starting with Nagafen and Vox that have an NPC who gives the raid instance at the zone entrance.

Take the old raid, scale it up to 105, put level 105 gear and spells on the loot table and make it progression based on the expansion. Beat Vox and Nagafen to take on Trakanon in Kunark. Beat them to take on Avatar of War and Vulak in velious, then to Emperor and Aten Ha Ra then to Quarm etc etc.

Release 1 new expansion worth a month until you catch up to the current level.

If/When a new expansion comes out with a level increase, scale up the raids to level 110 with new loot and spells.

Raiders would never run out of raid content and with a small amount of new raid content with the expansion you could require all old raids won to try the new raids.

Considering the mechanics etc are already in place, making this would require very little time.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  11. Raynrace Augur

And why not take all the anniversary raids and make them stay. No reason to bring them down anymore.

If for some reason bandwidth is an issue, make all zones like guildhalls and zones that are vacant load only when someone zones in.
    RED_LINE, Caell and Miss_Jackie like this.
  12. Eonweh New Member

This would require for sure an effort and resources, things SOE can give to their EQ customers.
  13. Gorillanator New Member

I'd also like to see them revert back to the original graphics for all zones.
    I would however like SOE do something to bring populations back to their older cities like Felwithe, Kaladim, Neriak, etc.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  14. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Sure, they could give EQ1 customers resources and stuff. But, it's apparent that they don't or won't, since we're getting incomplete expansions for the past how many expansions?
    RED_LINE and Lisandra like this.
  15. SaderakhBertox Augur

I'm going to be checking out H1Z1 to see what a more supported title can do (and possibly what could've been for EQ in terms of development). Early Access should be up on Steam on Jan 15th I think. I'm looking forward to doing some base building. If I can catch lightning bolts to charge car batteries, then I know Mr. Smedley has had too much influence on development, and that might scare me away. JK Smed, well no I'm not :p
    RED_LINE likes this.
  16. Ganton Scholar

Agree...

As the Zokaniz message says:

"The Game should have equal graphics in all zones"
    There is a big difference on walking in zones like Goru`kar Mesa than in zones like Field of Bone, being the same game. My request on this Post it is not that they change the Original Layout of the zones, It is just that they upgrade the zones with the last graphics also. Before make new zones, I recommend on work with the old zones, (all zones should have the same graphics in the game)...
  17. SoroxDrinal Elder

I hate all the zone revamps. New Freeport, Ro/Oasis, Misty Thickets, Commonlands, etc. Every time I run through those zones, I remember the original versions and just plain preferred them. I don't play EQ for its zone graphics....
    RED_LINE and Sita like this.
  18. Becoan New Member

Old post but hits home. We keep adding to the world but have "old zones" "everyone loves" But are always empty. New players come see the old zones that everyone love but never go to and say this sucks loose interest and leave. Currently we have 11 weak servers the number of top guilds is in decline we are loosing the ability to restock and progress. Me and my wife have been here since 2000 my brother since 1999 we have seen it all. It is now time to ether evolve or watch this game fade to black.
    If your so stuck in your ways that you will watch a great game rot so be it but what is out there is not great and this game could get a new life.
    RED_LINE, Lisandra and Ganton like this.
  19. Hiladdar Augur

Since we are talking about what we would like to see in Everquest 1, here are my comments.

First off, do not change the old world zones. I think changing them is a resource drain trying to fix something that is not broken, while risking the introduction of new undocumented features, i.e.. bugs to the game.

For epic 3.0, consider the following, make sure that the player has epic 2.5 done, that is currently in the game, and nothing has to be done to fix it. Then have one quest for all classes, which produces a new epic depending one new item for each class. This quest may be detailed, and one option is allow a the players to achieve a group version and then a raid version of that item. Something similar was done in in the RoF expansion which gave everyone a nice chase item for their class, with out what I believe was a lot development resources needed. In lieu of the epic 3.0, consider updating the quested clicki ring from the Velious expansion.

Do for illusions what you did for mounts.

Do for items which can be clicked, what you did for mounts.

Larger player made bags for trader mode.

Make the Barter Buyer Window, sortable, like other windows, such as Barter Window, Bazar Search Window, and Merchant Window.

Allow someone to reserve specific buff slots for specific buff line. An idea of how to implement it, would be to introduce a menu similar to the spell bar menu, and hot button menu to the buff window, so that the player can move the buffs to the spot that they like on the buff window.

Here is what I think was done wrong in this expansion:

One tier of raid gear, verses three tiers of group content. In my opinion that is now acceptable for the raiders, and short changed them.

Radical change to the way spells were gotten. HoT spells were to easy to get. VoA and RoF, was about right. CotF may of a bit too often, especially being able to buy them off the vendors and each player needing about six . TDS, the spell acquisition is abysmal. I have seen more power sources drop then spells. The imperial question I have is, "Why was something that worked in VoA and RoF changed to something that does not work?"

What I think was done right in TDS is requiring progression through the content in order to gain access to higher tier zones.

My point of view is that if something works, don't muck with it trying to fix it or radically change it. If something does not work, then do spend the resources to fix it.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  20. baider Elder

I think the biggest difference EQ could make and is long overdue based on the amount of players on each server and the amount of people left who can play eq all the time is make smaller scaled raids.

So many people on EQ want to raid now and the only option is to be in a good guild that can have 40+ people show up on raid nights who know what to do and have good gear/aas.

Why not scale some raids with different drops maybe somewhere between full raid drops and top tier group drops, or just drop fewer items per boss than full size raids. I know so many people who would enjoy running 25 man raids as opposed to having to have 40-50+ people on to raid something, specially for the current and last expansion. Not many people get to experience raiding anything worthwhile due tot he difficulty of raids these days.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  21. Bigstomp Augur

Raid numbers is a social problem. I raided with 45ish and then 65ish on 2 different nights in open raids this week - not even guild raids.
    RED_LINE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.