Ever Quest REBIRTH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zokaniz, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melanippe Augur

Reason 1: This is EverQuest, not EQII.
    Reason 2: This is EverQuest, NOT EQII
    Reason 3: While I won't go so far as to say that EQII is EverQuest for Dummies (something my friends who play EQII call it), in EverQuest it is NOT that difficult a thing to do. IF someone needs to know what their faction is with a particular mob or npc, all they need to do is /con the npc or mob. It certainly isn't something which takes an excessive amount of time or effort.
    RED_LINE and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wouldn't hurt to have a faction tab and might encourage people to by double faction potions which SOE would love. I don't think a faction tab affects the difficulty level of EQ at all.
    RED_LINE, Eonweh, Ganton and 2 others like this.
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

Faction numbers would be good - ten years ago when faction mattered. Now it's basically "you need it" and you automatically gain it anyway. I was surprised they even threw the current bone to us with adjustment numbers, but I surmise it's only because there are still factions being put in the current content (even if they're completely irrelevant to gameplay). As well as there are so many dead-end factions that a faction tab listing them all would be nothing but an embarrassment, and there's a ton of them.

Re-design old zones? Players actually want the old ones back. Freeport was done so horribly... empty shops, broken NPC spawns, scripts, quests. Thankfully we'll never see more zone changes because it's F2P now. I still wonder if they'll ever complete the Arcane Fair event
    RED_LINE and complexication like this.
  4. Wayylon Augur

We get 8 zones next expansion, that gets old fast.

There are hundreds of zones that go days without even one visitor on a high pop server...It would be nice to have some options.
    RED_LINE, Ganton and Zokaniz like this.
  5. Perplexed Augur

I feel same way.
    I was in a raiding guild (mid-high lvl) when 1.5, 2.0 and had to keep track of the "who is next for epic raid" list. Needless to say it was very messy, time consuming and not a lot of fun, especially with the cleric bias (they get it first).
    My epic 1 (druid) is a scimitar and I've always hated the swap to 1hb. Thanks to small favors from SoE I can now transform ugly 1hb to my classy scimitar. :D
    RED_LINE and Leerah like this.
  6. Wayylon Augur

Or they could add some current content scimitar drops for droods, spears for shammys.. more flavor
    RED_LINE and Geroblue like this.
  7. Axxius Augur

Katta Castrum is getting revamped in TDS. They even made a movie about navigating that zone!

[IMG]
  8. complexication Kassina

Why do we need to have new epics? You got the Coldain Shawl quest line which might as well be the 3.0 since it's a pain and a half and then some to do. As far as I'm concerned, I don't WANT a new epic piece. What I'd like to see is that all classes have use for their epic weapons, and not just the 3-4 classes that do currently.

While I fancy the idea about bringing the rest of the blow-up doll character models into the modern century, I also don't want to piss off 90% of the game. The revamp of the Commonlands made it so pathetically boring to traverse even on the fastest mounts in game. Don't. Screw. With. The rest of the old World.

Faction is absolutely pointless in game since it's so easy to either buy a faction reset potion from a loyalty vendor or a complete double faction modifier from the marketplace. Plus we don't NEED more windows that are going to be buggy as all hell.

and there will never be something short of improvement that makes the whole game happy.
    RED_LINE and Questoften32 like this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I think they should keep screwing with old cities until all the ones I don't like or care about are wrecked. If you rolled a human at char select you clearly made a mistake, and the starting city should be reflective of said mistake! (Aka an ungodly, fail inducing, twisted and sad version of the original). Maybe while we're at it we can get a new revamp too: Ak'anon Burning!

Update all old cities except Cabilis, Neriak, Kelethin and Felwithe and we're good to go!

Sarcasm aside, this community doesn't agree on much, but I'd be willing to bet an overwhelming majority are against permanently revamping old cities a la Freeport in PoRo.
    RED_LINE and complexication like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

I've thought for quite a long time that instead of expansions how about revamp old ones into modern era, but keeping the old ones intact. Along the lines of t1 rof but in a grander scale. I'd kill for modern day planes of power, gates of discord, omens of war, scars of velious etc. This also doesn't mean that all zones should be max level required. They should scale like they used to in tiers starting at level 85-90. IE plane of justice would be the base level zone equal to like Shards Landing or even lower to mid VoA (think sarith or BD). As you progress through the zones, it would increase ending with EPs being top tier.

As for epic, I love doing long quests. Epic 1.5 and 2.0 allowed for flexibly and ability to have the "best in game" foe your overall status in the game. 1.5 was the best for casual/lower tier guilds while 2.0 was for the upper class. That even transferred with 2.5s. And months/years went on the upper guilds had 2.5 while lower guilds had 2.0.

I dont want to hear that shawl, tear of alaris, or evolving items are the alternatives. Shawl took maybe a week start to finish a couple hours a day. Tear was repetitive killing and doing the same 4 tasks in pillars endlessly and evolving items take hours at the most. The mission reward weapon in RoF would've been a great implementation of a weapon to carry on with through upgrading and further progression but they missed their chance with that golden opportunity.
  11. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

...And why are you so against the idea of having a faction tab, hmm? Back when I had to quest out my faction to get spells from a vendor, do you know how annoying it was? It would have been easier with a faction tab, just so I know how much more work I had to put in. This isn't about making the game easier, it's about seeing how much you have to put in, in order to obtain something of value (ie. my spells for my wizard).
  12. Rainbowdash Augur

I actually pose the exact opposite idea of OP. Go back to every sub-OoW zone (where npc model revamps started happening) and revert all npcs back to Old models. Orcs, Goblins, Spiders etc. Confine new graphics to new zones (and illusions/pets/global stuff) and keep the old stuff old. Do the same with weapon graphics too (dat old 2 hander). I'd suggest reverting zones too but most revamps were done with the intent of providing access to a new expac and, even though the expac would still be accessible through GH etc I can understand it. I don't honestly hate the revamps themselves. I appreciate the work that went into them and I think they look good. What upsets me with zone/npc revamps isn't the look of the revamp it's that they completely take out the original to put the revamp in it's place. This game thrives on nostalgia, EQ1 is like 70% nostalgia 30% getting big numbers on gear. Every possible thing should be done to preserve that. I still think original zones (like Oasis or Kerra Isle) should go in as level 100 (Or I suppose 105 soon..) revamps for fun. I know it'll likely never happen cause it's lots of dev work but by Luclin I can dream...
    RED_LINE and lagkills like this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I hated the original Freeport and find the new Freeport infinitely easier to navigate. There are no more empty stores and buildings in the new one than there was in the old one. People just got a bad taste in their mouth from Freeport because the layout was not identical to the original. The only graphical revamp that truly was horrid was Nektulos Forest 2.0, which they redid after a short while; Nektulos Forest 3.0 is nice.
  14. Siddar Augur

New freeport has some nice design and some bad design. The dock area is exceptional and the arena is well done, but the caster tower is literaly dropped in the middle of a open mud hole. The drainage problem in winter must be horrid. Entrance to nooby yard is bad compared to old west freeport nooby area. Overall the city is confusing to travel through. A main path that looped through the city and went past the main features of the city starting at entrance to city in both east and west freeport and ending at zone over to east and west freeport would have made city more coherent.

Overall new freeport was poorly done with a few nice design points.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Have you never actually been in the new Freeport? Because it is the most straight forward and easy-to-navigate city in the whole game; I mean there are signs all over the place directing you how to get to East/West Freeport. The West Freeport Newbie zone is pretty much the same as the old one just with new graphics. Maybe a little smaller, but with faster respawning mobs.
  16. Janakin Augur

They should make an Epic augment for each class that goes into a slot on a weapon. Make it unique so it will always be something that is valuable from expansion to expansion (like necro epic) and thus is worth keeping.

While I like old zones being revamped in "time travel" type scenarios, I still cannot stand the maze they made out of Freeport and not too keen on other revamps either.
    RED_LINE and Ganton like this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Old Freeport was far more of a maze than the current one is .
  18. Janakin Augur

I grew up there and do not feel that way. I visit Freeport daily and still have to use my map hud to get around. I like the graphics of the new but it feels more EQ2 ish to me than EQ.

I would like to see it burn down and then they have to make FP 3.0 :b
  19. Siddar Augur

Ive spent enough time in the new freeport doing epic ornament quest, shawl quest, and others to desire to never go there again . If your goal is to find one of the multiple zone connections between east and west freeport then yes that is rather easy. If your goal is actually to find anything useful there quickly then the zone is horrid.
  20. Melanippe Augur

One might ask you why you are so adamant that developer time be spent to keep track of information which is currently very simple to obtain!
    Annoying to get faction to be able to accomplish a goal? No, I didn't find it annoying. It's called "Playing the Game".

Back in the day you couldn't buy food or drink if you were a certain race or class from a merchant or obtain a quest in certain cities without faction. Your point?

How much easier must they make this game to satisfy those who seem to find actually playing it "annoying"? You want developer time spent on making a tab for something which it would take a wizard, in particular, a couple minutes and other classes not much longer to discover how much work they need to do. How much more hand-holding must they do?

Since spells became available in the PoK Library, faction for obtaining most of the Rank I spells is not a factor anymore.
    For those Rank II spells beginning with Level 71 you have the option to research many of them, buy them from a trader in the bazaar or hunt in the zones in which they drop.
    For those Rank II spells which do have faction requirements, you have the option to research many of them, buy them from traders in the bazaar, have a friend who has the proper faction purchase them for you. hunt in the zones in which they drop or do the work necessary to raise your faction so you can purchase them.
    RED_LINE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.