Ever Quest REBIRTH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zokaniz, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rykard Augur

I do agree that adding smaller raids with help but, I just believe it will help raiding be more accessible. It would end or decrease the number of larger guilds breaking them down and make it possible to do more unorganized PUG type raiding.

The "Rebirth" of EQ if it ever happens would more likely be made in the group game through a number of paths.

1. Character models updated...As stated in many threads prior to this one, is not likely.

2. Revamp of LFG tools to include a port to the group looking for more players or cross server grouping to help combat the numbers game...Also as stated in previous threads not likely due to coding issues.

3. Bringing in new gamers or "blood." Even though I have always liked the graphics in EQ And believe the art done in the last few expansions is really good. The newer games really out graphics EQ. This would also include a strong advertising campaign starting with older gamers expanding to newer ones when such items were addressed....Also as stated previously, the engine does not support this revamp and would require a reboot on a new one like the one being used in EQNext.

4. A focus on game play involving short gaming sessions. The days of four plus hour game sessions are gone for the majority. If I caught my children doing it, the subscription to that games would end immediately.

5. Game play revolved around existing player base and not around group make ups that just do not exist anymore. I believe that they have put forth a lot of effort here but, just thought it was as important as the others I mentioned.

6. Content...Expansions with content and not fluff. The last two or so expansions were not up to EQ expectations/standards.

As a F2P/ silver member for about a year now, those are the things that might gather my attention in re-subscribing. I doubt that it would happen within EQ1 but maybe in a reboot of EQ like many though EQNext was going to be.

Best regards,

Rykard
    RED_LINE likes this.
  2. Eonweh New Member

It will not affect the difficulty level of EverQuest at all.

What I have seen It is that some people have Fear of changes, when Sony Online Entertainment bring the Mercenary no matter If people agree or not they are in there. I hope also that SOE make this and the whole game having the same new graphics notable one day...

Thanks SOE EQ personnel for your work in this GREAT game!
    FEARLESS, Azrah, RED_LINE and 4 others like this.
  3. Zokaniz Master

FEARLESS, Azrah, RED_LINE and 4 others like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Tonight open raids on BB downed 4 cotf T1 events and 1 rof event. Tomorrow night we'll get the other 4 cotf T1 down (we stepped down to rof at the end to leave stuff to do tomorrow).
    There are at least 4 guilds or alliances on BB downing mostly modern content too.
    Why change anything? It's working as is.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  5. Hiladdar Augur

I do not agree with mucking around with the raid size. End game guilds recruit to field a raid of 54 right now. Every time there is a smaller raid, some end up on the bench.

At the end of SoD we saw what ended up as "hard raids" raids that can be done for better loot for a max size of 32 in the raid. Many guild slimmed down to field a raid force of 32 for the "hard" raids, only to be kicked in the (you fill in the blank) when Underfoot came out back at 54. Mucking with the raid size is a sure way to introduce instability for the end game.

If we want to go back further in history, PoP allowed for raid size of 72, LoDN, had raids of 36, followed by GoD which had raid size of 54. Part of the difficulty of GoD was that raid guild had to ramp their raid force up from 36 to 54 to accommodate GoD raids.

There is another game out there that has 5 person groups, and 25 person raids. This is not what EQ is.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  6. Zokaniz Master

Thanks everyone who support this Idea...
    FEARLESS, Azrah, RED_LINE and 2 others like this.
  7. Ganton Scholar

I also suggest to all this great Idea of the EverQuest: Rebirth, a new additional Guild MOTD for the officers ranks, so they could post different activities in the guild while there is still the official leaders message...
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Instead of smaller raids maybe have one raid per expansion that is more of a zerg fest ie not heavy on raid mechanics and have it drop raid gear from two expansions previous. I think there are a lot of people who enjoy the corrupted tower raids for this reason.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  9. Sheaffer Augur

TDS group gear is about equal to what, ROF t1 raid? So that means that anything from ROF t2 raid and up is an upgrade. There are plenty of raids from that tier and above that should be doable by pick up raids that have a decent 10-18 person core. evantil, grelleth, velishan, luclin, chelsith, and perhaps hof1 are all reasonably simple raids providing you have 2 good tanks and 2 more decent ones. You could also probably do a few of the easier Cotf raids also with a pick up crew.
    RED_LINE and Melanippe like this.
  10. Melanippe Augur

Not certain if you are aware that any guild officer has the ability to use the Guild Motd to inform the guild of events etc. not just the guild leader. :)
    RED_LINE likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What he means is a Guild MotD that only officers can read so that info can be posted to the officers in a guild. I would guess that officers can read and post to. This would be a Officer MotD.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  12. Melanippe Augur

I would venture to say the in-game mail among the officers can accomplish this. :) Not to mention Guild forums where most guilds have an Officer's Only section where the Officers can communicate with each other, not to mention an Officers Only chat channel which many guilds use for same.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You have to create address books for sending mail to just officers unless I totally missed some option to send mail to just officers. As for guild forums getting anyone to forums out of the game has suffered a lot in the last few years.

I like the idea if it something that an be done easily and won't take a lot of dev time. But with EQ code as old as it is it seems everything takes a lot of dev time :( If its a relatively simple code change I am all for it.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  14. svann Augur

How about occasionally bringing back outdoor raids, but beefed up?
    RED_LINE likes this.
  15. Galliana Elder

Negatory. Those revamps are disliked. Most people want the Commonlands and especially Freeport restored to their old zones.

I can only think of one revamp that really worked: Plane of Hate. You replaced that old mess, with its dangerous zone in and crazy second floor with a beautifully designed zone that got progressively tougher the deeper you went in, had a nice selection of named and a cool progressive quest. Any chance that the people who did that revamp are still with you?

That would be cool for people doing faction quests. If you can give us a faction hit update you should be able to say "You have reached ally faction with blahblahblah."

Just let people update their 2.0. And future proof it by making it scale to the player's level. Necros must be losing their minds over having to hold a 320 mana item in their main while mages, chanters and wizards are holding 3k mana items.

Quite frankly I think you should drop the levels. It's why you have to auto grant level 85 toons to veterans and grant AA. At the very least drop it to 100, a nice round number, lower the TDS mobs, and start revamping popular old zones.

I would much rather see you guys revamp the 3 best old expansions, PoP, GoD (it got good when it was fixed) and Omens to level 100. Then people will have plenty of content.

Also, you need to address the gear mudflation problem. In Velious, there were three armor types. Kael armor was best AC, Skyshrine was good for casters and priests, and Thurgadin was good easy armor for non-raiders.

In the past decade, starting with SOF, you started blowing up ALL of the stats. All 5 resists, all 6 attributes, etc. Now, say you revamp Omens/COA, PoP and GoD, plus you have TDS, COTF, ROF and the revamped NTOV. You can split gear importance around so guilds have to go to all the raid zones to fill out their guild needs. For example:

PoP: Best caster and priest gear of the zones
    GoD: Best melee gear
    Omens: Best DPS gear
    RoF: Best melee augs and class-specific gear
    CoTF: Best priest/caster augs and class-specific gear

Etc.

Also, GoD had a really nifty idea that forced melees to use their heads. One group of mobs was highly damaged by blunts, not so much by others, another group was vulnerable to slashing, another was vulnerable to piercing. This made melees keep a bag of gear and have to switch based on the mob. It kept them on their toes. Now basically it's a high damage weapon, and that's it. It's a reflection of you guys using your heads, as opposed to raising levels 5 by and giving us the same spells with new names.
    RED_LINE and Rhaage like this.
  16. quseio Augur

There is a simple simple solution to this problem let players choose which version they see or have a npc so they can still see a memory ie clone of the way it used to be. And yes it would be a huge task make it the next expansion to upgrade Freeport and neriak areas then oggok ect ctera adding new models for charactors as they go and as always the new models would be a option. Bang zoom everyone wins retro guys can still see their movie set cardboard cutout zones and others can see fancy new graphics and updated content that drags players back to the old zones. No one is going to play in any revamped zone for long if the lvl isn't changed or content upgraded Freeport did ok but needed more oomph the arena was fun for about a week, it needed some ultra brutal lvls imo( id say infinite or nearly so so people could see how far they could go and compete to be number 1).

I would like to see old cities and zones quests grow as expansions and lvls are added say we get to take on the plane of discord well now the paladins of Freeport might want some discordosioum or whatever or Lucien wants us to bring him the head of a discordian god so he can show his power and awesomeness. That would insure theres always a reason to go back to the cities , the quests could appear halfway into the expansions lifetime, and help extend its shelflife

I dearly want to retake firona vi and maybe let the frogloks take it as their new home just think its perfect for them lots of water cute( I guess) native frogloks!

as for epic quests and how much work they take.... make them a sort of mini expansion you can buy xxx epic pack and get accesss to the quests if you want them they could do this for other quests like the coldain ring, and other looong quests, that way people have an easy excuess ,they simpley don't have the expansion.
    RED_LINE likes this.
  17. quseio Augur

stats really started going crazy after dodh it was really bad with melee weapons dps wise.

If they drop new lvls then they will have to totally revamp how spells are given, and you might as well just keep adding new lvls , they could say require you to to get xx arcanus might aas to be able to scribe the next lvl of spells... but that seems to convoluted a means of doing the same thing.

again about epics you don't need 16 separate multi part quests it could be say 4 basic starting points arcane( wizards ,mages ,ench,necros)priests,melee and hybrids then at the final stage they get a class specific finishing raid/quest depending if its raid or group lvl so that's only like 48 single part quests and one major long quest much more easily done for a expansion than a hundred or so quests each different.

as for ever wearsitous .. eh just make the clicky the really awesome part no more wear only effects that are a MUST looks in the directions of necromancers.

Raids/grouping/quests are where this game really shined, and i think many people forgot that
    RED_LINE likes this.
  18. Galliana Elder

I know how to make small raids work: design them for pickup raids. Make the drops somewhere between group and raid gear, so it keeps the high end raiders away because they'd be settling for less, but lures in individuals and people from casual guilds.
    RED_LINE and Dre. like this.
  19. Dre. Altoholic

Historical content in EQ is fine as-is.

EQ has a depth and richness that cannot be duplicated, only cultivated over a history spanning decades. The game can be modernized in better ways while still preserving 'old school cool'.

The way to do this and breathe new life into the game is with a client/server and mechanics overhaul.
    • Modernized combat system
    • Graphics engine update
    • New player models
    • Streamlined user interface
    • Consolidated spell/AA system
    Essentially, an entirely new game capable of running original EQ content.
    RED_LINE and Questoften32 like this.
  20. Kapone New Member

BOTB every year.
    RED_LINE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.