Ever Quest REBIRTH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zokaniz, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zokaniz Master

Thanks for the comments folks and don't forget about the Post main Idea:

We hope to see the whole EverQuest with nice graphics like Goru`kar Mesa In their Original Layouts.
    (Could be a great way for revive zones with low activity, and for do new Game stories, Quests, etc.)

Well, the graphics for zones isn't a setting you can just change. They have to be rebuilt, re-textured, repopulated. Basically rebuilt from scratch. With enthusiasm, dedication and patience they can start working on rebuild 600+ zones, and take this game to another level!

^_^
    FEARLESS, Azrah, Eonweh and 4 others like this.
  2. Galliana Elder

I would actually prefer a new engine for the game than EQNext. I like the game's class and race system but after 16 years, the sloppy updating and patching and expansions have made an unholy mess.

An EQ 1.5, as I see it, would be:

* Greatly expanded newbie zone so all new players go into it and are kept together. Keep the newbs together in one area and all on one server in a small number of zones until they reach 85, then give them a free transfer to a major server. I feel bad for these new, mid-level players trying to find groups and having to solo.
    * New graphics, combat and quest engine. Take that stupid jerking motion from melee out once and for all.
    * Same zones, same races, same classes. But fix the problems. Bring back faction, racial advantages and disadvantages, make deities mean something other than player made armor, and give gender advantages too.
    * Consolidate the game. After 21 expansions we have dozens and dozens of zones that never see a player.
    * Revamp AA so it's a smoother ramp, to fix the mess of sloppy AA ranks over the expansions.
    * Fix the spell level mess. After 71, it's just the same spells with new names every 5 levels because of the lazy design in expansions with level cap raises. WoW has the easiest solution. Once you get the spell, make it keep scaling all the way up and not have to rebuy it every 5 levels. Ditto for augs. Enough with this decaying past a certain level crap.

EQ needs a clean sheet redesign at this point. I don't see that in EQNext. Mostly it looked like they were more focused on engine tricks than game play and design.
    RED_LINE and Dramatime like this.
  3. Dramatime Augur

I love having buttons to smash and cool-downs to keep up on. I hated hated hated the days when it was press auto attack....stare at health, loot and repeat. My beast-lord is so much more fun to play now a days but it's still bust out my abilities and wait till they are off cool-down. This is one of the main reasons I like to Multi-box to stay engaged.
    RED_LINE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.