EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PVPme Augur

I'd play on zek if it was locked in one of the early expansions.
    Brawl and Dulu like this.
  2. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I like the idea of locked servers especially for pvp so people can return after taking time away form the game and still jump right back into the fight and be viable rather than play catch-up
  3. Dulu Augur

#1 - No one wants to play the current retail version of the game.

#2 - The ruleset on Zek is terrible.

You can't use "Well the server we have now isn't popular" argument, because it would not be the same thing.

Classic Everquest PvP was popular. There was enough population to support 4 PVP servers at the height of this games popularity. Rallos, Sullon, Tallon, Vallon. All of them with different rulesets.
    Brawl likes this.
  4. Dulu Augur

Some of us play religiously over on Project 1999 or other private servers.

Again, not playing on "Retail Zek" =/= not enjoying EQ PvP.

5. Dulu Augur

I vote for Kunark, but I'd accept Velious, Luclin, or PoP era.

Although I think the ToK added a lot of problems for EQ PvP. I'd say stop at Luclin tbh.
    Brawl, Maneuvre and PVPme like this.
  6. PVPme Augur

So funny that guy ate his words.
    Please Devs give PvP a chance. At the very least make it easy to toggle on/off on Non-PvP servers. Literally have to open a GM ticket to turn off your PvP flag. Not to mention it cuts out you from playing with PvE players while flagged, its such a bad out of date system. :(
    Brawl and Maneuvre like this.
  7. code-zero Augur

My point is that they don’t care whether you like Zek or not. If you want them to make a PvP TLP then you will have to play on Zek. And what’s with the “rule set” complaint? Would that be an excuse for not playing on one if they made it for you? Because that’s what it sounds like
  8. code-zero Augur

Nope, the wishful thinking of people who spam forum threads begging for PvP server are a lot closer to the anti-vaxxer/flat earther. Tell them what the established evidence is and they choose to ignore it and engage in personal attacks.

As for knowing what the devs are thinking...they've told us what they are thinking in no uncertain terms...
  9. Vexn Elder

Get a grip. The people asking are the crazy ones?! Doing so on a forums which is meant to give feedback on lol?! Pfft please. Its the people who constantly bringing up what one dev said acting as if he speaks for all the devs on the project.
  10. code-zero Augur

If you'll bother to read that AMA you'll see PvP brought up a number of times and the response is always the same regardless of the dev.

De Nile isn't just a river in Egypt

11. Vexn Elder

2. FV rules are a curse. You don't want that on your server.

Think the EQ devs might be even more out of touch then the WoW devs were about WoW classic.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

I dunno, if every piece of gear was free trade I'd bet the rmt market and bots would be out in full force alot longer than they are on normal tlp
    Maybe they aren't as out of touch as you think.
  13. PVPme Augur

So a server might be more populated past the first few expansions when BIS items are tradeable? Hrmm is that a bad thing?
  14. Stagentti Augur

Except this doesn't happen currently on FV. You can get gear despite RMT.

Also AOCs mean you have your own raid instance for gear as does every other guild. Plus picks. All those guilds will be selling gear that usually rots.

That's A LOT of raid gear, which us usually the best, flooding the market. Driving prices down.
  15. Titanuk88 Elder

do it big daybreak nows the chance to make a great eq pvp progression server
  16. Zansobar Augur

The supply of items would mushroom driving down the prices since when a player outgrows an item they could sell it instead of just trash it. That is not a recipe for an increase in the number of RMT bots, it actually would tend to decrease them.
  17. code-zero Augur

Devs have said that there was no way they'd make any new server with FV/Brekt free trade rules again. Go look at the FoH AMA again I've not got time at the moment to link
  18. PVPme Augur

Dude you're a broken record. The devs have said crazy things in the past and went back on them. For example.

Why only one zone of raid bosses? Longdale explained, “What we don’t want to do is instance raids, which is what casuals want us to do because they want to fight Nagafen. Casuals shouldn’t be allowed to fight Nagafen… that diminishes the achievement of others. That’s part of the challenge: You have to be better than the other guy; you have to be more strategic that the other guy.”

Now we have AoCs and its a been a huge success.

I bet before AoCs you were on here preaching the devs said no raid instances 24/7 so we should stop posting.
    Brawl likes this.
  19. code-zero Augur

The already have experience with free trade rules and obviously don't like them. As for AoC, those came along after experiences with Ragefire and Lockjaw having guilds c*block raid bosses. It's that simple. Ask for things that they might actually consider giving you or give some reason for them to change things, like guilds blocking other people progression.

Oh now I recall an event where at least 5 guilds were all stuffed into a single zone waiting for something to spawn. Hundreds of characters in a zone that didn't have picks because it wasn't that sort of zone. fun stuff :D
  20. PVPme Augur

Its simple. The lead devs said they didn't wanna do something and then turn around and did it a few years later and what a surprise!!! It became super successful.

You have no idea what you're saying but please keep reminding us what the devs said a year ago in some random AMA.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.