EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accipiter Old Timer

I was nearly 40 when EQ launched. Thanks, though.
  2. code-zero Augur

The don't need me to speak for them, they speak for themselves

FoH EQ AMA

item #7 in the first post, this isn't hard
    Zanarnar likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Now you ruined it, facts have no place in Forumquest.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Maneuvre Augur

You're joking right?

[IMG]
  5. Mephits New Member

News flash buddy - Nothing you say matters here either.
    This may come as a surprise to you but you're not actually part of the EQ development team.
    ECrack likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

Oh I know that, and I also know that the dev team answered questions about a number of things including a PvP TLP server and were clear and unambiguous.

So, now y'all are down to attempting ad hominem attacks that are sort of funny to be honest. Seriously, fake news? "Well you're not part of the dev team!!!"

I've never said that I'm opposed to a PvP server, I've just pointed out what the devs have to say on the subject. If you don't like it how about ummm.....getting all the thousands of PvP fans together and swamping Zek for a couple of night a week for several months to try to get their attention. I'm sure that they are most impressed with your forumquest taunt skills but that is not going to get you a PvP server
  7. Mephits New Member

You do realize time has past since the dev's mentioned this - they're asking players for feedback constantly about what they want - so why don't you just let it go and let other people say their piece. We're not talking to you, we're talking to the dev team and other people interested in a PvP TLP server. Stop talking on their behalf, you're just someone that posts a lot and quite frankly, annoying - Believe it or not, we know what they wrote - just like you do.
  8. Machen New Member

Yes, I'm sure they completely have changed their thinking in the last six months that have passed since the AMA. Keep on with your crusade, I'm sure they are listening now.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Mephits New Member

14. Hello holly, I’m playing my fifth tlp now and still have no interest in live or approaching later expansions. with the complete isolation of two different player bases with Eq, have you guys considered the fact that you effectively have two different games? Have you considered building net new “tlp “ era expansions for people in your base like me?

Alan: Do you mean content for lower levels? Because if you mean adding content to TLP servers that wasn't there when we launched, then I have to say no. You are correct, we really are serving two communities here. And as such we need to know what works for each and where our efforts are best spent. Since the idea of progression servers is to relive what once was, it doesn't seem like a good idea to add stuff to that. And our live players wouldn't get a lot of use out of low level content.

Ed: There are many changes we’ve made and will continue to make to early era content, but adding more content that wasn’t ever present before isn’t currently under consideration. We’d end up further segmenting our population between current-content players, original-content players, and players who like the original with new things added in that is somehow different but not different enough to be new.

Jonathan: There’s enough level 30 content in EverQuest already. It’d be more realistic for us to find ways to encourage playing in different ways and in different places on future Progression Servers.

"We really are serving two different communities here."
    Trying to force the TLP community and potential future TLP PvP players into the Live community to prove they want a server is ridiculous. - I love EQ TLPs and want a PvP TLP. Do I think a PvP server would be more profitable than something like Miragul or Agnarr? Yes.

"Since the idea of progression servers is to relive what once was"
    Yes, PvP servers are also what once was. We'd like one since you've released 8 TLP PvE servers with some of them basically being duplicates.

"It'd be more realistic for us to find ways to encourage playing in different ways and in different places on future Progression servers."
    Yes, PvP ruleset is a different way that would make players play in different places. *cough* along with spending lots of $ on Kronos & pots to buy an edge in PvP.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  10. Stagentti Augur

7. PVP server?

Jenn: Zek

Alan: We have one. Play on it and we might be convinced that people actually want to play EQ PVP.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Dulu Augur

The community over at Project 1999 has been begging for a fresh PvP server.

There is a market for it, but it has to be done right. It could be very profitable.
  12. PVPme Augur

New PVP TLP INC?!
  13. code-zero Augur

Go here and scroll down to Zek Every time I've ever looked it's been at low. Want a PvP TLP? Make it not low.

It's simple! If the P99 PvP community want it then all they have to do is make f2p characters on Zek and log on regularly!

Read that FoH AMA and you'll see multiple requests for a new PvP server and the answer is always exactly the same thing, play on the one they have and prove the interest.
  14. Mephits New Member

Give it a rest code-zero.
    Instead of regurgitating that same line over and over in response to people putting forward logical ideas and new reasons they think a PvP TLP would be a good idea, how about you just leave this thread alone and let people interested have their say without you attacking them like a fly to sh*t.

Get a grip.
  15. Mephits New Member

You know, the Dev's also wrote regarding the FV ruleset: "FV rules are a curse. You don't want that on your server."

But that doesn't stop people from requesting and wanting it. You also don't see PvP players shoving that quote in people's faces any time they mention it because most people can respect others.
  16. code-zero Augur

I'm not the one that doesn't have a grip here. The devs have been unambiguous in saying go play on Zek. The people asking for PvP TLP have no arguments at all, the devs took a chance on Miragul. Yeah that's right, they figured that there was a better market for a HoT start True Box than for PvP.

Actually I regularly point out to the FV ruleset people what the devs have said. They're sort of sad really because FV rules was shot down with absolutely no chance
  17. Stagentti Augur

Lol "new reasons".
  18. code-zero Augur

The "new reasons" sort of remind me of being a teenager trying to convince my dad why I should be allowed to take the truck to town on Saturday night without finishing mowing the yard first.

mowing the lawn = go play on Zek for a while

take the truck to town=get that PvP TLP y'all want

I'm not attacking, hell I would probably play on a PvP for a while at least there it is. It is obviously not important enough to the people who make these sorts of thread to do anything more than play forum warrior
  19. Mephits New Member

Yes and given how that turned out perhaps listening to their players reaching out to them isn't a bad option. That's kind of the whole point of this thread. Refer to thread title.
    Dulu and Brawl like this.
  20. Mephits New Member

Huh? There is a PvP server. Go play on Zek.

TLPs don't have to last long for it to be extremely profitable for them. Think about how many people would "Have a dabble" and bring them in tons of $ even if it only lasted a few months (which it wouldn't).
    Brawl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.