EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is popular in games that are designed for pvp and eq wasn't really designed for pvp and hasn't been for over a decade. The pvp servers all merged into a single one over 15 years ago and over that time there have been many nerfs of abilities that worked great on pve servers but broke things on pvp because that was not part of the design.
  2. Stagentti Augur

Ya...back in its prime...how long ago? Over a decade.

Daybreak is a business. They aren't going to make a server so some # of people can have a home and waste resources on it.

They're going to make a server they can make money on.

PVP in MMOs is popular...in MMOs designed for PVP.

Again - there is no data PVP would be popular in EQ. The devs have stated what can be done to show it would be but people don't want to do it.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. PVPme Augur

Having to go eat zucchini(Live EQ PvP) to prove I like apples(TLP PvP) doesn't make sense and the devs dropped the ball saying something so stupid.

Go play live EverQuest to prove you want a TLP server with PvP! baha
  4. Stagentti Augur

Complaining about it isn't going to change anything.

You can either do SOMETHING to show PVP would have a significant turnout or you can keep making threads and nothing will change.

I mean...these threads have accomplished a lot the last few years.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

If you don’t eat your meat you can’t have any pudding
    How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat?
    Fraggly likes this.
  6. PVPme Augur

You think people posting on the forums hasn't gotten anything changed in the game? Are you new to these parts?
  7. Stagentti Augur

I don't think it's going to get you a PVP server from a business who is focused on making money and has said in the past they won't do it unless people show it'll make money.

PVE stuff people post about wanting new or changed? Yup. It works. Because its been shown PVE makes money so they try to keep those people happy.
  8. Machen New Member

The pvp servers were a tenth of the total population of eq. If we had ten high population active tlp's, it would maybe, maybe make sense to make one of them pvp. Except that it wouldn't be worth the time and effort the devs would need to put into it for a one-off server with a limited lifespan (pvp didn't survive instancing in EQ the first time around, and it wouldn't this time either.)

PVP in MMO's is very popular when games are designed around pvp. Not when pvp is thrown on as an afterthought and no effort put into balancing pvp.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. ECrack Augur

I see you post on all the PvP forums like you're some kind of expert but your arguments are literally the least informed I see. Y'all got like 19 TLP's, the hell do you care if a bone is thrown to the PvP community.

This thread has ELEVEN pages bro. You gotta take your shoes off to count that high.

20 years and I'm not seeing the same names asking but I keep seeing requests. We get it, there's a lot of you that don't want to play on a PvP server. Cool man, good for you. Go play one of the 25 TLP servers for PVE.

Please keep pretending there isn't a player base for EQ PvP.

I keep seeing you guys say "I wish they would just so they could see the 0 population it would have." I wish they would so we could put your foot in your mouth.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  10. ECrack Augur

Okay, I played Red 99. It was freaking amazing. I didn't feel like it was toxic at all.

I'll wait here for the "most people" who say other wise.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Yep, eleven high quality pages and zero Dev response in it. Could be because they already stated go play on Zek and show "some" player interest? New threads claiming how popular a "new" pvp server would be does nothing to show them in a measurable way it would be worth their while.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. ECrack Augur

Heyyyyyy looks like the "annual" thread is still going and the same one. Weirdddddddd. I wonder if you're even still around? The PvP community obviously is. Waiting to hear back from you, cheers. Muah!
  13. ECrack Augur

I think the answer to this is the proposed good vs evil ruleset.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  14. Stagentti Augur

Is there 19 or 25 TLPs?

Just wanted to clarify your comment.
    ECrack likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

I played on EQ pvp servers exclusively from 1999-2004, mostly Rallos and Tallon. I would play on a pvp tlp server.

Tell me more about how I'm uninformed.
  16. ECrack Augur

500 billion
  17. ECrack Augur

This is like saying go play chess to show interest in league of legends. Playing PvP on Zek and playing PvP starting in classic and not going beyond roundabout PoP are two completely different things.

Next.
  18. Aegir Augur

A seasonal PvP server could be a solution. Even with a Good vs. Evil, the Wolves would eat all the sheeps too fast for the server to progress anywhere beyond the first expansions. You'll need the tri-part PvP ruleset al'a DAoC for a sustainable PvP environment.

I'd say PvP as a seasonal server going from Classic till Kunark and then reset, would be pretty fun. Anywhere beyond that, the gear gap, guild consolidation and general attrition will just make people lose interest.

However, the current dev staff seems to favor PvE gameplay and have basically build up their current "Vision" about the game in that way.

Yeah they could release a PvP server, but it won't have any passionate support from the Devs to tweak it up for the current state of the game. It would require someone dedicated to get hired on the wagon for that - and I doubt that's where the priority is at Darkpaw at the moment.
  19. code-zero Augur

Nothing that you said here matters in the least and no amount of putting forward this sort of argument will win you anything.

The Devs clearly stated that they'd consider a PvP TLP should the PvP fans show some interest on Zek. They don't care what your opinion about Zek is, they gave you an option and you refuse to take it thus giving them justification in ignoring you at this time.

It's sort of like the calls for a free trade server. That's something that had been dismissed out of hand and yet it doesn't stop people from constantly demanding it. In that case they have the example of Brekt and FV. FV is old and heavily populated and has been for years but Brekt is new and really and truly dead despite having a goodly number of characters from Quarm.

At least for PvP you've got an option whether you like that option or not
  20. ECrack Augur

Lucky me you don't speak for them. Cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.