DO NOT start new TLPs in Classic!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinius, Jan 25, 2019.

1. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

Bro all the krono is made in classic...
  2. Renshu Augur

Classic is w/e. The worst is like 9 months of POP or w/e we got on Phinny. PoP/Ykesha/LDoN. We had so many people leave during this time. Not only 9 months of PoT, but also just 3 months of LDoN. LDoN is the worst expansion ever. Everyone in my guild hated it!
  3. TheRedBandit Elder

I'd even be okay if we got like 2 months classic, unlock kunark/velious together for 2, luclin 3, pop 3, combine ldon, god, loy into 2 months, and on it goes regular from there
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just the easy ones.

The harder you work for 'em, the more you appreciate them.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Easiest krono is the velious ---- luclin transition if you like to gamble.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

What do you gamble on? Tradeskill items? I'm not sure where the gamble aspect comes in.

Easy krono would clearly be the liquidating of raid gear since your guild probably allows it at that point. But that's not a gamble...
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's the same gamble every TLP.. during velious there is always a near high point of krono value in platinum based on how much volume is sold per day, you then start selling as many krono as possible usually 500+ to make it worth while. As the price slides coming into luclin you then repickup all your krono + extra for little effort on the bazaar trying to guess the low point.

For example:
    In agnaar I was dumping krono near 9k during velious until I ran out around 8000 give or take a bit.
    Once luclin hit in the 1st week I was able to rebuy my entire stack + a generous %

Volume is the key ingredient
    I don't know if this was true on Coirnav I didn't play on that TLP so maybe the cycle was worse or better no idea.

If you see a guy during velious and he's WTS stacks of krono for x plat that's me I'm guessing the market has hit the high.
  8. Brady New Member

Start the server with all content available. Throttle the level cap to add the progression element.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  9. Quill Augur

The people they'd want to attract with a casual server aren't the type to spend Krono for Gear. They're the type that will take one look at that and go.. Nope... I remember now why I quit /logoff. They're also the type that will actually pay sub money and just around in the old zones for giggles.

And you are correct that FBSS and what not pulls in major Krono. For Krono farmers. Your assumption that this is all Newly Bought Krono is spurious and probably incorrect. Just Krono getting shuffled around.

This is why I advocate using Agnarr to jumpstart a GoD TLP server. There are literally like thousands of FBSS's on that server lol. Even if there weren't, there are other options given everything from Classic to LDoN would be open and even if you didn't want to go there, a lot of the potential customer base already has one or better.

The cry from the farmers would be immense and immediate if they go that route. Because they would be well and truly screwed. Hey... at least they still have the Hardcore Server, amirite?
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Been mentioned before. Would be interesting at the very least.
  11. Stagentti Augur

I don't think those timeframes give the type of people their aiming this at enough time to kill things in era? Before everyone has jumped to the next expansion's raids/zones?

This is supposed to be a server for ULTRA casual so I think it'll end up being slower than that.

Could see the Classic through Velious idea you have happening though. I'm super casual and would love that.
  12. TheRedBandit Elder

I'm pretty casual too anymore. I work 6 days a week for at least 8 hours + at least 1.5 hours of travel time, i can only no life it on Sunday if i don't have any other stuff going on. But the lack of AA's, even on a combined kunark/velious release at 3 months a pop is 10 levels a month. If it's a fast xp server, thats gonna be a breeze for anyone who can log in for even a few hours a week. Seems like plenty of time to clear the content. Classic especially is an easy clear. I'd be okay giving 1 of the classic months to kunark/velious though, as they have more content in the group/raid scene. I honestly just don't want it to be that 9 month snoozefest from Classic-Luclin. Same for PoP-OoW, though at least there is more to do in the group scene there.
  13. Sorein New Member

You will always have people that Loved Classic. That is one of the reasons why TLP always have people coming back for more but you will normally burn out by the time you would get to something good like after LDON's.

I like the idea of starting 3 expansions deep but something else that I think would keep it interesting and keep everyone happy.
    Start in Classic with Agnarr rule's/xp but don't cap it at LDON maybe OOM or PoR and from the START allow people to play Berserker and Beast lord. How fun would it be to be a Berserker in Classic. Really we have done the classic thing to death and it will never be 100% like it was back in 99 so why not start something that would bring back the people that loved classic and those who are looking for that same old feeling with a twist.
  14. Artaserse2 Elder

I can see why Op wants an accelerated start. Quite a few people are sick of replaying classic over & over again (not me however; I enjoy classic).

The biggest problem I see with this suggestion is that the new server would be at almost the same time period as Coirnav and create unnecessary competition between the 2 servers.

As an aside, it would be nice if Daybreak increased the Coirnav XP rate to that of Agnarr so that it could survive the introduction of the two new servers.
  15. yerm Augur

The problem is not how fast or slow the xp rate is. The problem is not how fast or slow the unlock timer is set. The problem is not truebox vs not, or pickzone capacity, or instances, or anything of this sort.

The entire problem here is that every TLP has had the exact same set of zones and every single time people have come back for these they have had to level 1-50 in the same places, followed by 51-60 in the same places. By the time you get to Luclin, which had some really awesome leveling paths and quests and did a great job overhauling tradeskills, the majority of people are already 60 (or burned out) and skip these zones except for AA or keying. LoY same deal; this expansion was a QOL dump in the prime of EQ, but on TLPs the zones come too late while its features are now built into the engine all along, it's a worthless expansion on TLP.

Release a TLP where we get AT LEAST the kunark zones on day 1. Let people enjoy some of the nice outdoor safari leveling hotspots. Ideally we would get Luclin too. Maybe it has to come with a level cap - so be it! Keep us at 45 for a month or more which blocks most raiding. No problem! I would love a gradual level release, or targetted zone unlocks (eg hold ntov and ssra etc out). Anything really except yet another trek through lguk and oot followed by another grind of seb or chardok. Give me something fresh worth coming back to!
    TimeBreak likes this.
  16. Quill Augur

Correct. But apparently my GoD-start TLP jumpstarted via Agnarr that gives everyone everything up through LDoN along with making most gear readily available, is soooooo crazy.

There is nothing more casual than using LDoN to level in.
  17. Mr Nobody Elder

slow xp is a problem.
    Thalliius likes this.
  18. Stagentti Augur

Having people be able to move toons from Agnarr goes against his entire point lol.

He said nothing about starting all the way at GoD.

You're trying to use his post to support your idea which is not the same.

Not a single person liked your idea when you posted it in it's own thread. You've now repeatedly tried pushing it in other threads and STILL no one supports it. It isn't crazy,,,it's just terrible.

Let it go.
  19. Quill Augur

Why so frantic?

The idea that they just might do it scares you that much...
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

So everyone is in defiant gear just wrecking everything? No reason to raid, then. 0-50 in a week then sit on your for then next 11 weeks... I don't see it.