DO NOT start new TLPs in Classic!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinius, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Phinius Elder

Been there, done that. Super over Classic. Let's start in Trilogy MINIMUM. Luclin would be even better. More content, more fun. Let's go deep in to the later expansions before the servers die this time around!

Cast your vote below boys!

SIDE NOTE: We saw what happened last time two servers launched simultaneously. BUT WHY NOT LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Lowlife Lorekeeper

I can't agree more.
  3. Jontrann Augur

Lmao, yup, definitely a coirnav player.
    andross77 likes this.
  4. snailish Augur

I'm intrigued by the idea of a trilogy start. Mostly because it would be interesting to see the early population rush use the mid range Kunark and Velious zones to level.

Not sure it works with a hardcore ruleset... would have to weigh pros and cons of that.
    Crayon123 and andross77 like this.
  5. Aiona Augur

Or you could just stay on Coirnav (or whatever server) until the new TLPs reach Luclin! Not like you'd be missing much, right?
    andross77 and Jontrann like this.
  6. taliefer Augur

classic or bust
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  7. a_librarian Augur

I think the appeal of starting at classic is too strong for the people they want to attract to these servers (aka people that aren't already subbed to the game). Those of us that have played the past 2+ TLPs from classic are put off by it but they don't really care what we think since we're already paying
    snailish, Dythan and Jontrann like this.
  8. Phinius Elder

I'm not currently playing. Nor did I touch Coirnav. Classic is hot garbage. There isn't 3 weeks of content there let alone 3 months. Let's do this RIGHT!
  9. TheRedBandit Elder

I agree completely. I want a Luclin start and Ldon, loy, and GoD unlocked 1 month after PoTime is beaten. I'd like to see OoW/DoDH with a solid population!
    Phinius likes this.
  10. Phinius Elder

I like the way you think RedBandit. Let's be friends.
  11. Aiona Augur

Coirnav is right that way, buddy! No reason to start a TLP on Luclin when we have a TLP that is currently on Luclin. lol
    Jontrann and snailish like this.
  12. Phinius Elder

Starting a new progression server regardless of format effectively kills Coirnav. Buddy.
    Montag likes this.
  13. Jontrann Augur

Should of thought about that before you started on such a subpar copy paste server.
    Montag likes this.
  14. a_librarian Augur

and you'll be there to do 3+ months of classic despite your whining here, because fear of missing out is strong and DBG is going to look at their history of hugely successful classic start TLPs and not take a pointless risk with the next one
  15. Phinius Elder

Negative. Also Jon, please see above I have never played on the Coirnav server, God rest their souls.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hates classic EQ.

Plays EQ TLP.
    skattabrainz and andross77 like this.
  17. Phinius Elder

I'm not inviting any of you to my Trilogy TLP guild.

Except RedBandit.
  18. Aiona Augur

That remains to be seen, but given Coirnavs rule set, I wouldn't expect it to stay too populated. But your theory doesn't apply to all TLPs, there's a few that look pretty hopping right now and they've been around for years.

In any case, you are the one calling for Coirnavs murder by rolling somewhere else instead of keeping it alive, when it suits your purpose just fine because it is past Trilogy and on Luclin which is PERFECT for you (since you didn't state any other qualifications your desired server should have).

I'm trying to be playful here, not snide or hostile. Sorry if I came across that way. I only replied because your argument isn't logical.
  19. Kahna Augur

Keep up with the conversation, he doesn't play on Coirnav and never did.
    Fleaa, Thalliius and Phinius like this.
  20. a_librarian Augur

I don't even disagree with your request, it would be an easy way to slightly change the fresh server experience. I just don't think they will take the risk and shorten the span of time the new server spends in the marketable most nostalgic eras even if the gameplay in them is crap
    Crayon123 and andross77 like this.