DO NOT start new TLPs in Classic!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinius, Jan 25, 2019.

1. The Great Pink Ogre Elder

Opinion/Guess (even if you do say "will".)

Coirnav is entering POP/LoY, this is Fact (1). Looping in LDoN all the way to OoW as one "Era" is opinion.

Again, we are back to 100% Opinion/Guessing.

While technically an opinion, I'll give you credit for this being a fact (2)! (Most of the other colors were also awful!)

This, however, returns to opinion (beyond being in SoD, which is true, but if you aren't sure, hence the "in SOD i think?" it doesn't get credit for being a fact.)

This would be fact(3)

This would be fact(4)

Opinion/Guess

Opinion/Guess

Yes, you did use 4 Facts, and colors to explain your theory... Next time PLEASE don't bother with the colors! Also if you're going to call out how you used "facts" by putting the word in quotations, maybe try a few more.
  2. Lowlife Lorekeeper

He can use colors if he wants! Lets talk about how this thread is meant to convince DBG to not launch the new servers in classic since we're all tired of it.
  3. Stagentti Augur

"Meant to convince DBG."

Lol.

They make a lot of money in classic. A lot of people like classic.
    Barton likes this.
  4. Lowlife Lorekeeper

It's hopeless but oh well, we try.

They can make a lot of money in other ways. Just because they were successful in one way before doesn't mean they can't have success in a new way today.
  5. taliefer Augur

i like starting in classic. the only alternative that even makes any sense at all to me, is starting with classic and kunark and velious all unlocked. and even that is just to mostly skip Kunark, which is just an abysmal expansion in almost every respect.
  6. Lowlife Lorekeeper

Yes Talie! I think that a trilogy launch or luclin launch would be the best we could hope for. The reasons you mentioned are exactly correct.

Also - a side note from Fippy days.. I think I will always remember you as the 2 hand pierce warrior LOL. I have to go find that weapon you used now....
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

Can we also have a Brazilian steakhouse with no steak?

Just posting to reinforce the point that a lot of people like playing on TLP that start in classic. If you want to play PoP era, play Agnar and transfer off when you're tired of it. If you want something later, pick a TLP that's at roughly where you want a TLP to start...

People drop off from TLP for new TLP because they like classic era!
  8. TheRedBandit Elder

How about people who endlessly yearn for classic go play on the legit EQ classic server? A trilogy launch would give plenty of nostalgia value.
  9. Iyvy Augur

Don't keep this asanine thread going. DB isn't dumb enough to start either server outside of classic. The whole point of TLPs is classic, if people want a different era there are 5 other TLPs in the other eras!!
  10. taliefer Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=52777 ~
    Lowlife likes this.
  11. Crayon123 Augur

Well... they do offer a salad bar for a reason!
  12. Lowlife Lorekeeper

Not this time they won't. All the people that want to play classic already did it. If you drop 2 more classic servers they won't be big. 3 months in they'll be dead.
  13. Lowlife Lorekeeper

This is what we want so we're discussing it. Feel free to go elsewhere. The other TLPs have terrible ideas like slow exp and long 3 month unlocks. We're talking about something different.
  14. Aiona Augur

I do, and I always will. It's become easier and quicker than ever to level up in MMO's, there's a few out there where I level up so fast I have no idea WTF I am doing with my character or where I am 'supposed' to be... and this is popular because that's what the majority of younger generations want - a rushed trip to end game (like the whole leveling experience is merely a tutorial) without having to "waste time" grinding unnecessarily, when I prefer to play games by enjoying the experiences of leveling up, exploring, fully developing my character(s) along the way (instead of waiting until end game where I can just power/pay through everything ASAP), and making friends along the way.

I understand that my preference is the minority, and that's fine. :)
  15. Stagentti Augur

I still enjoy playing it. Old guild mates do too.

Guess I'm not part of "all". And I guess we must totally be the only ones!

Every time people chicken little claiming a server will have 0 people it never happens.
    Barton likes this.
  16. TimeBreak Elder

Everybody comes back for classic because A: all the servers have started there B: they want to play with their old guildmates/friends C: Majority get burnt out by the end of classic, Kunark, or Velious

Starting on another TLP that is in or close to an Era you like isn't feasible, most people feel they are too far behind to start on a server that is post OoW, sure they have created different ways to help newer players catch up (auto unlock AA's and Merc's) but for most that doesn't drive them to start new a couple of years behind.

Starting with Trilogy you'd still get the same people who come back for every TLP. You will still start at lvl 1 and be able to group and level with old friends. Just this time it would give alternate leveling paths. It may even keep some of these people that always burn out before a server hits Luclin, since instead of waiting 9+ months for AA's they could be doing them in say 3 months.
  17. ShivanAngel Augur

I could get on board with starting in velious tbh.....

The current leveling path of

Get to 16ish
    Upper guk till your eyes bleed, then maybe some mistmoore, then lguk till your eyes bleed then the hole till you hate yourself is overdone... I really dont want to think about how many frogs I have killed over the latest TLP's.

Kunark/velious would give us some new midrange zones to play in.

Could even disable level 60 until the original bosses were beat, then disable PoG, Kael, Thurg etc until kunark was complete.

Would probs be to much work tho.
  18. yerm Augur

I dont think it'd be overwhelming work. Just cap by level. X mobs dead, unlock 60. Y mobs dead, unlock aas. If the worry is content skips, they could just make ntov and st tied to phara dar death like the original planes are to nag+vox. If they wanna do a bit more, they could have motm mobs and aocs disabled until prior expansion beaten.

Everquest released in 1999. Combine and sleeper released in 2006 with clsssic only start. We have very literally played tlps with the same starting zones for longer than everquest had even existed when tlps came out. There are tlps now progessed to expansions that didn't even exist when classic-start tlps were launched.

It is very reasonable to be sick and tired of only classic tlp starts.
  19. TimeBreak Elder

Remember being stuck in Prophecy of Ro for months cause the dev's didn't think we'd catch up to where Live was when the Combine was started. Man that was a god awful expansion. One of the reasons I quit around that time, though they finally opened TSS and further and the server would be merged with Druzil and Xegony once it was caught up to live.
  20. Lowlife Lorekeeper

I'm not claiming it will have 0 people. I think the biggest most important part you're missing is that I'm hoping this server will be populated well beyond trilogy. Instead of starting in classic and everyone is burnt out and bored waiting for Luclin so they finally have AA's... they stay. Because once luclin drops everyone remembers that Luclin doesn't really have very many exciting AA's and you're instantly ready for PoP + AAs and more places to grind. A velious launch would give everyone the classic feel they think they want to replay again, and also be very close to real content when they remember that it isn't. Once you remember that it isn't, the majority of players leave.