DO NOT start new TLPs in Classic!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinius, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Ceffener Augur

Fippy: 2011
    Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinigel: 2015, honestly this was only ever supposed to be one server, but demand and “casuals” got us two more.
    Agnarr: 2017 (special locked server)
    Coirnav: 2018

Some of you act like there has been a new classic TLP every six months. Even if you count the 3 in 2015 it doesn’t even average out to one per year. Unless you wanted a special ruleset you had 4 years between 2015 and 2018 TLPs. These new servers will be launched closer to a previous classic TLP than ever, but they will also be special rulesets....we don’t even know how special yet.

But stop acting like TLP have done nothing but classic for the last 8 years.
  2. TimeBreak Elder

So by your own admission there have been 5 opportunities to play through Classic on a fresh server in recent years. So why are we the bad guys for asking for something different for a change?

Do I think starting a server with lvl 65, 70, 75, etc toons is the way to go: No

Do I think starting a server with the Trilogy open and everyone start from 1, but gets 3 different expansions to level through before Luclin and AA's start and not have to wait almost a year to get to that point: Absolutely
  3. Crayon123 Augur

I don't think you will find many people that are opposed to a trilogy release. It's these god awful threads about starting in GoD or TSS that are pure whack.
    TheRedBandit and TimeBreak like this.
  4. Quill Augur

Wait... so let me get this straight. Starting at GoD with all of Trilogy open is 'pure whack', but not including LDoN and LoY while simply starting with PoP is somehow a sane idea? You've only removed the primary areas to level at, in favor of largely riding the congested xp highway.

If you're going to start at PoP, you might as well include LDoN and LoY. Nobody wants 6+ months in PoP, LDoN, and LoY… not even on regular TLP servers. The latter two being the primary issues to be forced to mark time in. And if you include LDoN and LoY, congrats, you have a GoD-opener.
  5. Crayon123 Augur

When people speak of 'Trilogy' it entails Classic, Kunark and Velious.
  6. Phinius Elder

WE DID IT BOYS! WE DID IT!!!!! PRAISE BE TO HOLLY!

Thank so much for those of you that supported this idea. To the rest of you, have fun on your DEAD Mangler server. Also, sorry to hear about the recent passing of Coirnav, but I'll be too busy to attend the funeral.

See y'all on Selo! Can't wait to experience some of the later EQ expansions with a whole TON of awesome people.
  7. Mr Nobody Elder

They need to add FV loot to Mangler to make it viable
  8. Hinastorm Elder

The 1 month unlock is far too fast, but thank god they are opening it in luclin. No tunnelquest! Among all the other nice things about starting in a later exp. Good stuff.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Lowlife Lorekeeper

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. See y'all there. Non classic start. DBG listened. They're actually gods.
    Phinius and TheRedBandit like this.
  10. Crayon123 Augur

Honestly, pleased with starting at a later expansion than Kunark... that is awful. Just wish they would change the unlocks to 2 months.
  11. Lowlife Lorekeeper

The super short unlocks is the only thing I'm curious to see how it plays out. But remember there are multiple expansions at level locks so it might feel better than we think. Especially with fast exp and unlocks. I think its going to feel like the least grinding EQ flash of fun experience ever.
    Phinius likes this.
  12. Elite_raider Augur

DBG employees on their "under cover" accounts congratulating them self on getting what they have been promoting since the first announcement. Shouldn't a light bulb have turned on when no one else like the ideas?
    Phinius likes this.
  13. Lowlife Lorekeeper

Lots of people liked the idea. They did the right thing. DBG gave us something DIFFERENT.
  14. Elite_raider Augur

Are you reading the same forums as the rest of us or are you one of the lalaland employees?
    Barton likes this.
  15. yerm Augur

Your ideas were terrible. Selos is perfect. Praise be.