Critique of Changes to Monks for August

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Behelit Augur

Zerkers dont have a Massive Strike/ Thunderfoot equivalent for Frenzy at all, so "ours" doesn't even cast let alone twincast... For some reason the devs are ok with Frenzy being 2-3k dps and ~1-2% of our total dmg, even though it's supposed to be a class defining attack like Backstab or Flying Kick.

Whenever you feel like complaining about your class, just tell yourself "at least I'm not a Bard".
    Quatreh likes this.
  2. Kaliko Augur

All I was saying is monks suck compared to hybrids right now if a hybrid has all burns and adps up and is an excellent player by a mile(and a good bard keeping their mana up). I'm pretty sure your monks aren't sustaining ~170k+ on fights over 700s that don't involve a ton of adds to AE.
  3. Riou EQResource

It's fair because it would still be sub Berserker DPS and they bring more to a Raid.
    JPete likes this.
  4. JPete Lorekeeper

Exactly.

At least someone that plays a Monk gets it. I don't care how much of a superstar Monk you are, you would not be missed at all if you were replaced by an equally talented Berserker or Rogue. It's a shame, but that is how it is.

Monks need something to bolster their desirability to a raid force.

#MonkLivesMatter
  5. MrMajestykx Augur

wait....there are fights that go 700s?
    Dulnon likes this.
  6. Sarcogian Augur

Show me a single target zerker 900k burn on raids and I'll show you my new found support for old thunderfoots.
  7. JPete Lorekeeper

You're just pulling numbers out of your with that 900k since it was nerfed long before there was even a prayer of achieving such a thing. You'll never know what could have been.

Even with all the posts of people bowing down to superstar Monks like has been said about you, I still haven't seen a single reason why replacing you with a Berserker or Rogue of equal skill level would be a bad thing.

It may sting, but in the end even you are nothing but a body on the raid that could easily be replaced for something better since Monks bring zero raid utility.

Enjoy the class all you want and make those parses by beating people of less skill level, but just know that you truly are sub-par to other options no matter how good you are.

#MonkLivesMatter
  8. Kaliko Augur

For some guilds that aren't full of highly talented dps yes..... but even on faster fights hybrids can do exceptionally well, I have personally seen a great beastlord consistantly put out 450k+ on 80s-90s burns on grummus ( yeah our burn sucks because people run when they get the grumling when they don't need to) and sustain 200k+ np on 450s~ Enslaver fights.
  9. segap Augur

Because they don't exist in great enough numbers? Because a guild values a proven, reliable, consistent contributor over an unknown? Because well played monks really are not that far behind?

Show me a guild that refuses to take good monks.
  10. Sarcogian Augur

and yet you keep commenting showing no value to your knowledge of the monk class in whole. show me where roi has no monks. machin shin? what about crimson tempest. hmmm rov? the reason there are monks is because we actually are highly skilled dps classes. so you'd rather swap us with a ranger on a 700s fight (which we do, do more dps than the hybirds you're speaking of) that is now doing 10k less dps to increase the dps of 3 other people by 2k? so you're willing to take a 4k lose per monk? if there's 4 monks that's 16kdps. while we may not be capable of putting out the dps numbers a zerker does, the same "superstar" zerkers out there (that i have raided with) i'm right behind them. as a monk. i've seen the rangers / beastlords / rogues in other guilds and mine. i've beaten them on the same events they've been in. so you can continue to spew off the mouth with your bad information about monk dps. claimed "best person in such and such class" may be the best, that's fine, i'm not arguing that. i'm saying while i raided with roi i was beating the same classes you're acclaiming monks can't do crap against. the monks i raided with were also beating them. so go ahead and create your own super guild full of nothing but zerkers as your melee dps and get them all to the same skill level since they're easy to make good apparently. i've seen plenty of long time zerkers all fall short of that "good" category.

while a monk utility buff would be nice, we have none, i would like to see one. but to continually say we're bad because we have no utility is wrong.

side note, which guild are you in so i can look up the monks in your guild. i'd love to pick their mind and see what they're doing wrong since you're claiming them as awful.
    Dulnon and MrMajestykx like this.
  11. MrMajestykx Augur

Ive seen monks hit that 400k mark on Grummus too.....my point here is that I m full aware of the nerf hammer on monks but we are not DEAD or useless dps, unless its a dead or useless monk to begin with, the dps is still there and anyone here stipulating that monks are dead and usless is blowing smoke out of their 4th point of contact.
    Dulnon and Sarcogian like this.
  12. Sarcogian Augur

I've seen monks break 600k on grummus. I've done 575k personally. So the fact of the matter that we can't burn is still moot.
    Dulnon likes this.
  13. JPete Lorekeeper

Given a lucky Crane kick and extremely on-point ADPS support, yeah. However, in the same scenario a Bersker will be an easy 200k+ ahead of you, which means you should be replaced since you offer nothing else to the raid. Nobody needs you when there are much better options.

It's time to not settle for just being great with the tools you have because all that does is inspire frustration.

#MonkLivesMatter
  14. Sarcogian Augur

so replace me with a ranger/beastlord/ sometimes rogue doing less dps? why don't you go build a guild with no rogues/monks then and only zerkers. get back at me and tell me how that works.
    Dulnon and Behelit like this.
  15. MrMajestykx Augur

dude lose the monklivesmatter nonsense, you got nothing good to say of the class, was up to you you would obsolete the class, its apparent you dont have monks that worth a dang in whatever guild and eq world your in. I've got 3 alone in my guild that will quiet your inane banter here about how useless monks are, frankly your becoming tiring here. Like Sarc said go build a guild full of beserkers cuz wait for it.....there arent a ton of them out there and then figure out why, if it was all grandiose as you would like to infer, there would be a ton of them out there.

It's blatantly apparent you dont raid with RoI, MS, Triton, IL or ANY of the top Ill say FIFTEEN guilds in the game or you would be whistling another tune here.

Please find another topic to crap on, your wearing yourself and this topic out.
    Dulnon likes this.
  16. Kaliko Augur

The reason there is not alot of berserkers is because they are a way harder class to manage and play than say a monk or rogue and thats why very few are good at it and all it takes is one heal to screw up a zerkers burn because they need to be below 90% to activate their burn sequence, but it also helps to have a very good tank crew because they pull high aggro and shamans because they require a ton of heals. It's also not exactly a solo friendly class and the reason alot of people bandwagon onto zerkers now is because of their dicho mainly.
  17. MrMajestykx Augur

and thats fine and good Kali, just a bit tired of the crapping on monks that is going on.
    Dulnon likes this.
  18. JPete Lorekeeper

I don't know what your hybrid kick is, but that's nothing I've ever mentioned. Those classes have utility and a raid spot secure, Monks on the other hand have nothing.

It is what it is people. Monks are awful given all things being equal in player skill and group support.

Only the Devs can save you at this point. Enjoy what raid spot you have because you certainly shouldn't have it if a quality Berserker comes along.

#MonkLivesMatter
  19. Sarcogian Augur

you read the first part but not the second so you continue to avoid the fact that it's not possible to attain your goals of removing the monk class entirely. i would like to suggest to you continue attempting to belittle the class instead of improve upon it. i have helped countless amounts of players achieve numbers higher than they thought possible on their "awful" class.

as for the hybird part, you continually bring them up saying they're of more use while doing lesser dps combined with helping other classes achieve lesser dps than the singular spot a monk holds. so please continue to "troll" if you want to call that feasible attempt as trolling.

go on and show me this all zerker guild instead of the monks rogues you're continuing to complain about, i'll continue staying occupied building my list of potential helpful benefits to the monk class as a whole.
    Dulnon likes this.
  20. Picard Journeyman

Well I stand corrected. It's not me that is the tool here in the thread. That title has been claimed with a vengeance by a poster that has so little worth to add to the conversation it's almost sad at this point. Yep every elite monk in every elite guild should immediately be replaced by awesome zerkers cause all monks suck! Of course that must mean that all of the planners and raid leaders of those successful guilds must all suck too because they clearly don't have a clue what classes belong or should be in any raid environment.

Hey Drop you sir are awful all things being equal (umm yeah how often is that the case in every situation all the time). Sarc your mad skeelz are just pathetic compared to any hybrid class or zerker class that has the exact identical mad skeelz you have (gee I wonder how that gets calculated and determined and how it can be quantified and measured with any consistency). And for kicks and giggles all monks should be deleted because they are completely dependent on group support for being even remotely tolerable while at the same time not being worthy of toleration in a group because they need a group. We drew circles in my kindergarten class too and they never have an end to them and they go round and round and round and round err yeah.

Look I can respect someone who puts forth an educated opinion. I don't mind others who take pride in their class just as I do in the class I play as my main. That's cool. Hey ya know that actually is what makes EverQuest cool. Lots of different classes come together to form a raid force and accomplish stuff. Zerkers bring mega burn power to the table in most raid environments and other raids are set up for hybrid classes of various stripes to shine. Hooray for them and game on if they do their job and help get things done. What is also indisputably true is that for years monks have been at the top or in the mix in terms of dps in all kinds of raid environments and have several other elements that make them a better utility in certain situations than any other class (it's this neato thing called class design). Each class can say that for the most part and that's good because otherwise why not only have zerkers and nothing else.

Berzerkers should be able to outburn me in a straight up burn only segment because its an element of their class design (i.e. they momentarily lose their temper and freak out and all of a sudden go gonzo). Rogues should be able to be right near the top for any type of melee class in certain situations because again hello their class design says I have this really sharp and mean poison tipped dagger that I'm going to stab you in the back with and it's going to hurt real bad. It should hurt real bad. I don't whine when that happens because it means good for them and good for the raid. I also don't mind because I know what I can do and what I bring to the table and other experienced monks do as well. And they do it despite the nerfs Drop talked about still. Maybe not as much as before but since when do we all band together to cheer on any class getting jacked all because ZERKERS!

So Drop tell them in Triton that you suck and they suck for thinking you belong in any raid. Tell them to replace you with your zerker pal because you've spent countless hours studying and comparing and now realize that said zerker has the same amount of skill as you do and is every bit as experienced as you are in a group or raid setting. Sarc tell RoI that well I guess just tell them they've been dominating Everquest for years now by mistake because they have allowed far too many monks to taint their accomplishments because zerker. Oh and if not zerker then rogue and hybrid. Hey I know Sarc why not tell them they should use only wizards because ya know wizards can out dps even (wait for it) zerkers.

So despite the crap sandwich that cutey pie has let come from his/her fingertips we have several monks maintaining top 10 in their elite guild parses for any number of raid events despite nerfage. That now constitutes sucking and mandates that they immediately be replaced by a zerker. Did the rest of you know we are in the hands of the devs? That's all we have left is the devs. News flash ace, or in this case the two card, every person who plays EQ is in the hands of the devs. Genius! Clearly sparky knows more than those of you who have played monks for a decade or more and why fight the power when zerker.

If anybody else wants to continue a productive conversation about how monks feel about some things and what we can do or offer I'm game. In fact what I'd prefer is to discuss things in the context of not who has the longer epeen. But I'm not the zerker slightest bit interested zerker in communicating with zerker some complete moron zerker who is just here to troll zerker a thread that he/she zerker is woefully equipped to speak zerker about with any degree of competence zerker. Feel free to flame away and call me whatever and zerker and stuff. I'll just continue to suck while kicking zerker and not give a crap because zerker after all my life is in the hands zerker of the devs. The sad thing is every class has some idiot that makes them all look like jerkoffs. I love raiding with a well played zerker and when I beat them on a parse (wow it does happen even though I suck and they don't) it's all good.

My bad Drop heh. I couldn't help it this time!
    Dulnon likes this.