Critique of Changes to Monks for August

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Cleaver Augur

Thats exactly who its going to hurt more. Top guilds will be fine we just ae because its easy but everyone else ? They need it or wont be able to put up the dps to do some of these events without it.
  2. JPete Lorekeeper

Bottom line. Monks suck.

You could pad the parse a bit with the AE to sort of make yourself look competent, but now it'll be more valuable to have SK's in the DPS groups than it will be to have Monks.
  3. fransisco Augur

4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

#RaidUtility #VastKnightWingConspiracy
    sojero likes this.
  5. Adeus Journeyman

I recently returned to EQ, managed to reach 101 as a Monk (boxing a Ranger 100) - are Monks really in that bad of a position now?
  6. Riou EQResource

They've been bad for like 3 years now, heh

If you have fun on it though, I wouldn't worry, your fun > some "flavor of the month" class
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Xikteny like this.
  7. Sarcogian Augur

Jeebus, you guys thinking monks suck. You realize monks get in top 10 top 5 parses when they know how to burn and sustain.
    Koryu and Sancus like this.
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

[IMG]
  9. Kaliko Augur

It depends on how your guild does groups and raids, but the guilds with semi long loot/buff time tend to allow rangers and other classes to have full burns to beat monks on burned/sustained np :p
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's not quite that much but it's close. From what I can tell it appears that Base2 controls how much damage is done. Provided I'm correct then damage reductions were thus:

Berserker - 85% (100 -> 15).
    Monk - 75% (100 -> 25).
    Rogue - 75% (100 -> 25).

It also appears they made a mistake and rank 3 of Rake's they forgot to reduce the damage of the second combat round. I'm sure it will be fixed though.

[38106/38106] Furious Rampage I
    Classes: BER/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 42s (7 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: SPA 211 Base1=100 Base2=15 Max=0 Calc=100 --- AE Attack (100% Chance) for 15% Damage
    2: SPA 471 Base1=100 Base2=15 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Repeat Melee Round (100% Chance) for 15% Damage
    Text: You become more destructive.
    This ability, when activated, will cause all of your primary hand combat rounds to strike your current target and every other target within 40 feet of you with an additional primary hand combat round for %z.
    [38107/38106] Furious Rampage II
    Classes: BER/254
    Duration: 48s (8 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: SPA 211 Base1=100 Base2=15 Max=0 Calc=100 --- AE Attack (100% Chance) for 15% Damage
    2: SPA 471 Base1=100 Base2=15 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Repeat Melee Round (100% Chance) for 15% Damage
    This ability, when activated, will cause all of your primary hand combat rounds to strike your current target and every other target within 40 feet of you with an additional primary hand combat round for %z.

[5240/100276] Destructive Force I
    Classes: MNK/254
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: SPA 211 Base1=100 Base2=25 Max=0 Calc=100 --- AE Attack (100% Chance) for 25% Damage
    2: SPA 471 Base1=100 Base2=25 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Repeat Melee Round (100% Chance) for 25% Damage
    [5241/100276] Destructive Force II
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: SPA 211 Base1=100 Base2=25 Max=0 Calc=100 --- AE Attack (100% Chance) for 25% Damage
    2: SPA 471 Base1=100 Base2=25 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Repeat Melee Round (100% Chance) for 25% Damage
    [5242/100276] Destructive Force III
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    [41159/100276] Destructive Force IV
    Duration: 36s (6 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No

[41161/41161] Rake's Rampage I
    Classes: ROG/254
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    [41162/41161] Rake's Rampage II
    Duration: 36s (6 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    [41163/41161] Rake's Rampage III
    Duration: 48s (8 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    2: SPA 471 Base1=100 Base2=100 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Repeat Melee Round (100% Chance) for 100% Damage
  11. Lisard Silly

I 100% think the Devs have no idea what they are doing with this nerf. you can kill more mobs with the focus version now then you can with the Regular version. why did they completely obsolete this ability? or do they even realize that they have? the incompetence level /feelsbadman.
  12. MrMajestykx Augur

Per usual...they get a wild hair in the no no zone and just swing the bat hard and heavy on us. That wasnt just a nerf they destroyed / obsoleted an ability....a nerf is more like FEW percent maybe even as high as oh idk 20? but 75-85 to the classes involved? are you kidding me?? well per usual, the monks will perservere and find a way and I m sure the other classes will too. DBG swung the same bat Sony did for years, just a bit more ridiculous then they have in past. New motto for them I guess is if your gonna swing, swing hard.
    Vdidar likes this.
  13. Sarcogian Augur

Quit sucking then and get rid of the mentality of "this is the best I can do why try". Hit a combat dummy. If you're seriously that bad as a monk you don't know what stacks, read allakhazam about your discs. Make a spread sheet, heck join a group and try burning on nameds. Stay in the group and learn how to sustain. Just because the raid leader didn't say burn doesn't mean you can use your small stuff. When the raid leaders call for certain % burns that just means you hold your big stuff for that moment. As a monk use terrorpalm and dich, eye of the storm and glyph, use something to keep your sustain high. Don't blow your load then have to wait 15 minutes until you can do something else. Space out your discs, learn the events, time it with epics. Get the most out of your class that you can. There's a couple good write ups people have done about " the button". On any given burn my "button" is 35-37% of my DPS where swinging is 31-33% depending on the length of fight. You might be a good monk, but there's a line that separates you from the great monks. This nerf was uncalled for but the suspicion is that next expansion is an AE expansion so whatever, but the point is. When decent/good monks are calling for increases and this that and what not, the great monks get those increases too. Then that separates the gap even further and now the monks are beating rogurs, zerkers, wizards, whoever. Why get a 10% increase to take a 15% decrease in 6 month's.
  14. Watajoke Journeyman

They should have just removed the repeat rounds on AE version and left the AE attack at 100%. That would make the AE version best in AE scenarios, and Focused with repeat rounds the best in single target scenario's.

The current nerf pretty much removed the AE version from monk/zerker hotbar. If they boost Zerker/monk to rogues version then you have the original issue of AE version being the best in all scenario's.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Ashten-Prexus Journeyman

Get em Sarcogian!
  16. Kaliko Augur

Ouch im hurt! All joking aside my monk skills are fine but I don't see monks sustaining almost 200k on 800+s wither and decay fights, or other long events like hybrids but then again I unfortunately can't raid as my monk because bards are in short supply. Hybrids are insane right now but maybe thats because like I said we have downtime that might allow them to perform better every raid with full blown discis and adps for each event. For example all the so called top beasts still swear by vanders bane being #1 wep but our best won't even use it and puts out insane numbers that probably put them to shame. But unfortunately most guilds like to keep parses private so therefore no one truly knows each classes potential
  17. Riou EQResource

You'd prob still die to ripostes even at max power and thus never use it :p
  18. MrMajestykx Augur

HE LIVES!! /wave Ash
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The abilities you are talking about are not affected at all. What will be affected are the benefits of the Return Kick line and our Master's/Disciple's Aura. We possibly can be reposited again where we haven't been for almost a decade now.

So if this is right, then you need to give melee dps a big bad rune like all the casters have now to help deal with the absurd amount of damage that melee have to deal with already. Again, this just adds to more imbalance between melee DPS and Casters. What, melee dps weren't taking enough damage already? Does this effect the monk aura in any way? What does this mean exactly for Ripo immunity?

No, I perfectly understood the change. The previous two times they attempted to do this exact thing they insisted on the push ability having a 10 minute cool down versus the 6 second cool down of Dragon punch, which made the AA useless for positioning. Thankfully ,, our current AA Dev is reasonable and made Dragon Force a 6sec reuse this time.

That said removing the knockback just allows the Devs to add some other proc like the atk debuff to DP now. Barring a revamp of cleave and similar bonuses and how our +skill dmg is handled Tiger claw will be better than DP.
  20. kyong Augur

I love my monk that I've had since 1999. She's lvl 105 max aa in full deathseekers and TBM gear with the latest raid 2hb. (i'm on FV). I haven't played her much in 2 years now because I have my rogue (105, max aa) also full TBM raid gear.

Yes I can solo with my monk using just mend. My rogue absolutely destroys my monk in terms of damage done. Even from the front on my rogue it's ridiculous vs my poor monk.

The F'd up thunderfoot (Who doesn't cry every time they get a single thunderfoot when we used to get multiples almost every key press). I remember them proc'ing off of our stunning kick, kicking disc (tripple kick one), multiples off of Wu's chaining of flying kicks. Now it just sucks.

Meanwhile - my rogue is chaining massive strike multiples like it's nobodies business. Even from the front. Throw in knifeplay, all the discs, the 30 second piercing attack that reprocs itself and everything else and it's no contest.

Don't even mention rogue's fury which I'm like jesus every expansion they give this disc another duration boost and damage boost while my monk has childs play infusion of thunder.

Discs take to long for the monk to refresh, monks need their own version of knifeplay and a special attack that works on humanoids.

Then they nerf staff block? what are these people thinking.