CotF HAs obsolete now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tavv, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Have you guys played Vanguard? Vanguard was pretty hardcore in difficulty and complexity so it turned a lot of people away. Gameplay was actually too long and tedious.

It went FTP after server merges to bring players in.

EQ has to balance between Vanguard difficulty and WoW difficulty.
    Faana likes this.
  2. Matari Augur

Vanguard significantly better small group content than this game put out since Kunark. Besides Vanguard was closed for several reasons beside lack of player adherence. Now stop dodging my question:

Why do I have to buy an expansion that I am not going to play in?
  3. Brohg Augur

You don't have to. Also you can wear brown socks if you like. You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind. Because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're not friends of mine.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Do it for spite! Then you can say "I bought your expansion but I'm not play in it so there!"
  5. Roxxanna Augur

Did they also reduce the named spawn freq?

Been doing Seeking Refuge farming the Splinter, 23 instances haven't even seen 1 named yet.
  6. Kargun New Member

Named are not spawning much at all now it seams. The HA nerf was a far too heavy hand.
    Faana likes this.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

Just got my first splinter this morning, took 75 runs, now for #2. Sure wish I had done this before they upped the mob badass meter.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

Second one dropped on run #85, lucky me. I can tell why not everyone has one, I don't think I ever want to do that again.
  9. code-zero Augur

I think that the chances of named spawning in HA's is directly proportional to the likelihood of a toddler aggroing your SK with a need for a diaper change and dogs needing to go outside NOW....
  10. Hellboy007 Augur

XP wise not obsolete.. Loot wise obsolete.

Just do the TBM Partisan HA and you get loot every time? Plus fairly common named pop rate. Exp in them sucks compared to Gribbles though.
  11. segap Augur

The loot is an illusion. Without currency, it's useless.
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

True. Still hoping they add currency to the Partisan HAs. Cant even confirm if its a bug or intended =(
  13. dalead Elder

Well, slowly catching up (1 or 2 hrs a week) after a little over a year break (having kids seem to do that) and was hoping to catch up on some AAs with the limited time.
    Yes it really sucks that they have changed these but the doom and gloom is not necessary. I'm in 4-5 expansions old raid gear and my completion of these went from 35ish mins to 50 - 60 mins. That's solo with a merc. I had to change my playstyle a bit, by bagging the caster merc for a healer merc as pet can't stand up the these without a dedicated healer anymore, so that slows me down. 2 mobs and I have to help merc heal pet. 3 mobs and I have to abandon dps altogether and focus on healing alongside healer merc. Also, I now seem to have to take 2 - 3 med breaks in each mission which I didn't have to before. The mana consumption is just horrendous right now for mages, but that's also partly because I have to do a lot more nuking to get through the increased Hps.
    Guess I have to find something else to do with my hour as a measly 12 AAs in an hour is not cutting it, which is what I get per mission. I guess a group of folks could still do this is 15-20 mins. I have not tried this yet with any of my other chars.

They did this before with other things, like the OMM missions to force people into the newer expansions, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone, as wrong as it is.
  14. Faana Augur

Agreed. I've had enough of this and just cancelled one account. Three gold left and they're expiring in the spring. There's nothing they could say/do to make me trust them again. Of course, the hard core will chime in here telling us how simple the missions are and how awesome their guildies are.