CotF HAs obsolete now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tavv, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Cicelee Augur

Not really sure about your comment with arbitrary times comes from.

Players can complete a lesson burn for the three Gribble missions. It has been proven constantly by raiders, groupers, casuals, mains, alts, full Arx raid gear, partial COTF group gear, mercs, and a wide variety of class group makeups. There is nothing subjective or argumentative about it. These are simple facts. If you cannot do it, then you are doing something wrong. Sorry. Not trying to be the bad guy. But when everyone says "Yes you can" and you say "No I cannot" then you need to look in the mirror and make adjustments.

Here are some tips to complete all three Gribble tasks within a lesson burn pre patch. Note that this is assuming you (a) have a full group, (b) if not full then one healer merc, one satisfactory tank and a bunch of DPS, (c) if multiple mercs then you are either over geared or over skilled for the HA.

1. Do the HA where you loot stuff and click in a certain spot first. The other two are straight kill HA and tend to go faster.

2. Start your lesson burn right before you do your final hail of Gribble in the abovementioned first task.

3. Do not use discs or AA with long refresh timers during your first HA unless you know they will refresh before that final hail.

4. Once you start lesson and do final hail, immediately drop task and say "Leave" to Gribble (or whatever the key word is).

5. Get second HA and zone in. Begin immediately, and begin immediately using every disc and AA in a normal burn routine. As your discs and AA refresh, use them. Don't wait.

6. When you do your final hail on the second task, immediately drop task and say "Leave" to Gribble.

7. Get third task and immediately zone in when you can and begin killing.

Depending on group composition, skill, talent, gear, etc etc... You should be able to complete all three within 30 minutes of your lesson. On my monk I was successful about 80% of the time getting all three hails within 30 minutes in a full group/5 + 1 merc group. And my monk I would say is average skill, average talent, and slightly above average gear. Players with more talent and skill can do better.

Obviously the patch may make it more challenging to complete all three. But I see no reason why a normal casual average group cannot get the two kill tasks and do the final two hails within a lesson time frame...
  2. Cicelee Augur

O and in reference to the question posed in the title of the thread...

No.
  3. Leex Pewpewer

With a new player like you I just don't care, you are here for entertainment purposes, don't you know? Everyone on this thread is laughing at you..But you know how you must sound..You know how you must appear to everyone here..It's why you don't have your real characters name up, or your guild..

Personal experience with hundreds of HA's gives me a very good standard to hold people against. Specially with all the variables that I've used..Just because I don't need to break down everything doesn't mean I'm not right. You on the other hand are just trying to act like a pompous idiot, trying to sound educated but really you're just making yourself look stupid and making yourself look very fresh ( newbie ).

You seem to be flawed by the worst thing Ben, a big ego and pride. You will never get better at whatever class you play simply because you think you are right and everyone else is wrong.

I could show hundreds of parses of HA's and the times will all be under 25 minutes( I always parse everything) with different variables within each group. Aka, different classes, different gear, x amount of mercs..I've run them pretty much every single way you possibly can with a whole ton of different group setups and components, just because I don't care to list or throw my parses up doesn't mean I haven't experienced it.

So really you saying I don't have specific information just isn't true, you don't know what I have and what I don't have, you're assuming.

It's players like you that give casuals the reputation they have. Oh BTW if you'd like to see a group geared person complete HA's under 25 minutes I still have a Wizard on Luclin I can school you with..

Just gotta gimme your ingame name :)

To Lilura, I group with whoever on Povar. From tagless to Triton to random no name guilds, doesn't matter to me. All the players so far I've grouped with on Povar and Luclin have ALL been able to push through an HA quicker then 15 minutes to be honest. You can't say you know I do this or that because honestly that's not true, in fact it can't be more opposite of the truth.

At the end of the day 25 minutes is my opinion of what it should take max to complete an HA, some of you don't agree with me..It makes me wonder why you can't do something so simple but none the less you are welcome to your opinion..If you think CoTF is dead then leave that expansion and go else where..Or stop being a bad player and gain some knowledge/skill and enjoy the game..I promise if you do things right you'll be completing HA"s under 25 minutes though. If you take that as an insult..Well I guess you're just one of those people I've described huh?
  4. Darkark Augur

So basically you're saying that the time it takes to finish a Gribble depends on the group? Well no kidding, so now we've got that all cleared up, let's ask the question: given that the time it takes to finish a Gribble depends on the group, what is a reasonable time to expect them to finish it in?

It's an interesting question, no? Even just for curiosity's sake. I mean, 5 minutes is apparently possible, but 4 hours seems way too long. So, it must be somewhere in between? Well it turns out the consensus seems to be about 20 - 25 minutes is a fair upper limit for group geared players.

Why is that guess so controversial to you? Do you disagree? Are you ... offended for some reason? Ok, so, assuming we've got some reasonable time laid down for a Gribble finish, let's ask another question: if people are taking longer than that time, and they're not doing something outside the scope of the game (like taking care of kids or husbands or something), then what's happening here?

And it's here we have another consensus: some players are just really bad at EQ. You can't deny this fact, and if it's the case that some people are really bad at EQ and Gribble is hard for them now, then the suggestion is: don't come on here and whine about "Gribble nerfs", it's beneath you as a member of the dominant species on a planet. Instead, try and improve your game a bit first -- many people will be happy to try to offer some help, and you're going to benefit from the knowledge when doing other EQ stuff down the track.

Don't bring down those guilds like that. The only in-game difference between those guilds is one set is going to have Arx raid gear and the other set will have group gear, or maybe some pick-up raid gear. There is nothing stopping anyone in the game kicking some butt if they want to, certainly not some Arx raid gear.
    Leex likes this.
  5. Darkark Augur

I just noticed you added my name in there. Dude, I've tried to respond respectfully and as clearly as I can, explaining my thinking and giving reasons. Don't start calling people out like that.
  6. Coruth Augur

Realistically they added about 100% time to these.

If your group was finishing in 20 min from last hail of first one. It's now about 40.
    If your group was 14 min, you can finish in 28.

More time, might have been necessary for balance. Double was over the top.

Split the difference, take the Old Values + New Values and make New New Values exactly 1/2 way between the 2
  7. Leex Pewpewer

Sadly this isn't even close to the truth..Coruth, what type of groups are you running? All tanks? If it takes you 40 minutes to complete an HA then you are doing something so wrong it's not even funny..
  8. Laronk Augur

If you group with randoms from general chat into the hills can take 40 minutes
  9. beryon Augur

Why is everybody only talking about Gribbles? They didn't just adjust Gribbles; they adjusted everything. Instead of balancing the HAs, they just made everything harder, so Gribbles are still out of whack compared to other missions. Good luck doing the gargoyle set in Neriak or The Descending Tower now; those were bad enough beforehand.
    Silv likes this.
  10. segap Augur

My favorite is grouping with a random monk or ranger that insists they need to pull. Each pull takes at least a minute. Yet I could just throw a knife and get one in most cases. Or, we could just rush each group and handle the 2-3.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Bro. You are passive--aggressive in your retort (certain posters)s. Calling it out.

As for Ammeren, he's too delusional to see other players' perspectives.
  12. Darkark Augur

I ..... think we disagree, or I don't know what passive-aggressive means. Maybe you can explain?

Certainly I don't mollycoddle, but ... I don't think I should be o_O
  13. Leex Pewpewer

Say's the guy who can't even admit who his real character is. More then likely I probably know you, I've been on Luclin for a long time..Scared I'm going to call you out for what you are?

You're attacking Darkark because you can't actually respond to him, nor me. All you've done is attack people and their opinions. It seems a majority of people on this thread agree with me, and disagree with you.

I mean you're literally here arguing what I said is not true, but you have nothing to actually add to the conversation. You attacking someone saying they don't have specifics without knowing if they do or not is pretty ignorant as well. You constantly attacking people who don't agree with you on this thread is childish.

Look man, your limitations are not other peoples limitations. If you want to argue how i'm delusional because I think HA's can be done in 25 minutes, then go ahead and do so..Any player worth their salt will agree with me, and they all have.

Btw only cowards hide behind fake profiles and names. I have no issues grouping with you and showing you how it's done before kicking you to the curb Ben.

Let me know man, my group geared Wizard is a beast :D
  14. Darkark Augur

With Ammeren behind the wheel though .... bring a buffing class for that wizzy too :p

Haha, sorry, couldn't resist mate ;)
  15. Leex Pewpewer

Lol right!?
  16. Cicelee Augur

This thread is like giving someone a magazine subscription for a Christmas present.

It is the gift that gives all year long...
    Benito and Leex like this.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

I can't disagree with this more.

^^^ All of this.
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. Mayfaire Augur

:(
    Iila and Silv like this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

[/quote]

It requires a man or woman* (Ammeren sounds female) with a lot of insecurities to use the bandwagon argument ("majority agrees with me") and a buddy system (Darkark).

Furthermore, now you have to threaten me ("give me your name" and "I'll kick you to the curb")?

You're the one who seems childish to me.

I haven't attacked opinions, I have attacked hubris.

Edit: You actually took time to read through my old posts just to find my server. Yikes...LOL

*It is not becoming of a gentleman to argue bluntly with a woman. If so, I apologize and I'll stand down.
  20. Roxxanna Augur

What are we arguing about again?
    beryon, Benito and Leex like this.