CotF HAs obsolete now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tavv, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Leex Pewpewer

So what I'm seeing is you are to afraid to actually post who you are? That's very pathetic after all this talk from you..But then again if I were you I'd be afraid to post my real identity..

Lets be honest, anyone who reads this thread can see through your vain attempts at attacking me to see the real cause of your issue. You aren't able to complete HA's within the 25 minutes I said it "should" take.

So because you can't actually respond to my statements, you rather attack me and people who agree with me. It's pretty amusing because I think everyone on this thread can tell you're being defensive, pretty much as soon as you personally attacked me and my guildmate.

As for threatening you, I actually invited you to group with me to see that what I'm saying is true ( regarding HA"s ) and that after I'd boot you. Is that a threat to you? You must not get out much huh?

I suppose it's your way of avoiding the actual topic here which is CoTF HA's..But then again! I guess i'd be in your position if I posted on a topic I had no clue about, no evidence to support the claims along with NO ONE else backing anything that I say..( notice I have actual skilled people supporting my claims? )

Damn my Hubris! It'll be the end of me! How dare I !

Reality check here Ben..Maybe it's your hubris that stops you from seeing the light and continue to make personal attack, instead of being able to stay on topic ;).
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Notice how not a single person likes your posts?

Name-calling started when you called me a "pompous idiot." (Don't care for name-calling really but I don't act like a victim either). Who attacked first again?

Everyone can tell what? Putting words in people's mouth? Assumptions again...

Are you humiliated that I called you out for your lack of evidence other than personal experience and hearsay (anecdotes)?

You can't fathom my broader argument ("skill of the average player" in relation to HA nerf)?

You are making a "git gud" argument. I am a veteran player on EQ and several FPSs (BR100 on Planetside 2). We make this argument all the time. I don't parade around game forums saying "git gud." It's usually teenagers with insecurities who do that.
  3. Silv Augur

Man... this thread got good. It really must be Thanksgiving b/c it just keeps giving and giving!
    Pirlo, Ryndarin, Leex and 1 other person like this.
  4. luuuongo New Member

JUST SHUT UP AND GIVE ME YOUR REAL FICTIONAL CHARACTER NAME SO I CAN VIRTUALLY SHOW YOU UP!

Great thread!
    Pirlo, beryon and Benito like this.
  5. Repthor Augur

My Gribble is better then your Gribble nuff said
    Pirlo, Silv and luuuongo like this.
  6. Leex Pewpewer

Christmas came early for sure! Arguing with a random troll =/. I should have know better but he was to much fun..

Another one bites the dust! :D
    Benito likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Finally someone likes your post....me.

Git gud!
  8. luuuongo New Member

lol too funny. completely delusional
  9. Laronk Augur

I play the tank often and just go in and don't let them pull =p
  10. Prymal Journeyman

Balancing two expansion year old content to slow down raiders who earned the gear that lets them storm group content is just plain stupid.

The raiders will just gear up more, and simplify something else. Meanwhile the casuals who just want half an hour after the kid goes to bed, to meet up and kill with friends before going back to their 10 hour real life job lose miss out.

Stop balancing content on how fast raiders can blaze through content. They play hard and will always find other ways of churning out AA.

Hardcore grinding 'progression' missions / mobs isn't much fun for 'casual's when the populace are 15 slow grind levels ahead.

Better yet, just up the heroic characters to 100. Theres enough grind hours to 105 to 'learn' the class. Or put in a progression series that actually gives decent rewards to 105 but the would hurt the end rea$on for grinds.
  11. Ruven_BB Augur

Not sure grinding Gribbles really teaches anyone about their class, it's pretty basic and mindless. Just now the mobs have a few more hit points.

If you want to learn about your class, just play regardless of the situation, have fun, do things differently at times, work with sub optimal groups, and be nice.

Ruven
  12. Cicelee Augur

Just curious. Has any of the complainers actually done a Gribble HA since the changes? Or is it just in vogue to read something and automatically jump to conclusions?

Never mind, I forgot where I was at. Rhetorical question...
    Silv likes this.
  13. Lilura Augur

This thread is getting nasty and personal. It's gonna get locked, I know it.

All moot for me. Accounts are cancelled and the game uninstalled. TBM and the HA nerfs were the last straw.
  14. beryon Augur

15. Ardin Elder

I bet that all did.
    For me (a group geared bst) it was a nice source of xp, now i can finish Gribble's HA only if i find a raid geared tank. Group geared ones, available on AB, die in few hits and merc even will not react. Mobs resist most of my spells, so casting them is plain waste of my mana. Heck, i even can't slow them anymore.
    Other HAs (T2 CotF) - are also impossible without raid geared toons or very skilled and geared players.
  16. Burstaf New Member

So serious question how fast can a group geared group of 3 with low AAs(lets say auto-grant + 500 so about 9k) be able to do Gribbles now? 1h, 90mins?

Let's say this group is 1 mage, 1 chanter, 1 druid plus 3 wiz mercs(or possibly 2 wiz mercs and 1 cleric merc).

All I am saying there is a world of difference between having a top geared tank not worrying about crowd control tanking 5(or more for aoe?) at a time letting DPS blast away without any worries about aggro and then compared to having a lowly EM16 pet for a tank and having to thread carefully killing mobs one at a time.

I'd say it could be a DPS difference of at least 5x if one is forced to mez adds and avoid rains etc.

My last challenging content was Tipt and Vxed at release of GoD before my raid guild imploded (read leadership got betaed into that W game). I've been slumming since.

All I am saying is that I do not believe top raiders have done the newly adjusted HAs on their group geared alts with just auto-granted AA (that is VoA level + some RoF/COTF)

Let's see some hard numbers guys.

Like: Gribble with War 13k AC 150k hp, 4 max AA wizards + TDS raid geared Cleric/Druid. Old Gribble done in 5 mins, post TBM Gribble in 9 mins.

Gribble with War 9k AC 90k hp, 4 wizards with autogrant AA and Latent Etheric gear and Cleric with same latent etheric geear and auto-grant level AA.
    Old Gribble 30 mins, New Gribble 55 mins.
  17. Brohg Augur

They weren't trotting out the good stuff, Burstaf; wizards not where its at for the real fireworks :p AEing these to death with War +shm +brd +3*(mnk/ber/rog) got all three pre-nerf Gribble HAs done in about seven minutes (two cooldown timers on epics plus three runtimes) if one were inclined to push it. Whichever one the group did second was the 'hard one' because Wade Into Battle has a 5 minute cooldown :p

The second bit? that's a terrible clear time for the non-raid group. Embarrassing level of bad for a group with 4 dps, for both pre & post. Just ohmigod.

An anecdote:

Two days ago, so post nerf, when I was doodling around on my 87 rogue who has no Cleave sleeves (just to indicate gear level…), a cleric guildmate grinding on her twink warrior (105 but no great shakes. wholly group geared) invited me to join her HA. There was a 90-something bard on autofollow playing only haste song, and one merc on Balanced besides the two of us. Still finished in 40 minutes. Groupwarrior +1balancemerc provided 80% of the damage - done in 40min.

Nerfing, even when necessary, is obviously unfortunate, but let's be clear: the OP's complaint is weird.
  18. Perplexed Augur

"Jumping to conclusions is the only exercise some people ever get"

Old one but seemed appropriate :D
  19. Roxxanna Augur

Hard numbers:

1 105 Cleric 12500ac, 142khp, max aa
    2 100 Wizards 7000ac, 85khp, 8000 aa
    3 Caster mercs set on burn

Pre nerf- 12 mins average
    Post nerf: 18 mins average

That's follows with the 30-40% increase in hp and dps, and there's definitely some resistance increase.
  20. WDWolf Journeyman

Well I don't need to be shown how Gribbles is done but as a returning player on Luclin with a humble group Wizard and War box feel free to show me how the Degmar's group Mission is done /nod lol