CotF HAs obsolete now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tavv, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Darkark Augur

Does that mean I lost? :(
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have appointed myself arbiter. You have lost my friend as our exchange is well beyond the 25 minute skill mark....:)
  3. Darkark Augur

Aww, you changed your comment.
    Leex likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I didn't see Tarvas' comment. Though he and others are right to question underlying assumptions from a Triumvirate of <Triton> posters!

I think I wounded Ammeren so I think I need to tone down. :)
  5. Leex Pewpewer

I don't think anything you could say could even come close. Your poor attempts at attacking me on the forums are hilarious though. Thank you for the entertainment.

To me you're the one who looks upset here. I mean if you disagree with me, then you think it's unreasonable for people to complete a single HA within 25 minutes. The only reason I can think someone would disagree with me is if they themselves cannot do it.

I'm sorry you can't complete an HA within 25 minutes, getting upset and trying to be callous because I'm being real doesn't make me look bad..It just shows you're one of those people who think they know everything but really suck and are to stupid to ask for help or take it.

It's funny watching people say CoTF HA's are now obsolete just because they change a few things, then attack those who say the changes aren't so bad and maybe you guys are over reacting..Ahh, trolls will be trolls..Go l2play.

You've been dismissed :cool:
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Lol. I figured you had your tail between your legs as you went silent and hid behind Darkark's posts (evinced by liking them but staying silent). Legal principle: Inaction in the face of accusation is guilt.

Ahh more assumptions....I am for sure one of those people you label unskilled suckers.

I am disgusted by your elitism, hubris, and lack of empathy for newbies and casuals. Weren't we all newbies at one point? Enjoy that high though.

Additionally, you were making a weak argument based only on personal experience and hearsay ad nauseam.

Thank you for dismissing me. Ahh the pride continues...
  7. sifonin Augur

Looks like I'm a little late with the /popcorn
  8. Roxxanna Augur

The fact is, most players don't have access to elite groups. Tank? Wtf is a tank? Ooooh, you must be talking about that useless merc tank casuals are forced to use that sucks up a dps spot and can't hold aggro through 3 burn casters forcing you to set them on balanced, or perhaps the pet tank that not everyone has access to? Maybe people should list their usual group before arbitrarily deciding who sucks or not.
  9. Cicelee Augur

You know why players cannot complete a Gribble HA in under 10-25 minutes? It is because they are saving all their disciplines for a named at the end of the task that is going to die in 20 seconds, thus preventing the player from using even half the duration of one disc... let alone using the four that they have.

My alt is a monk. When I used to do a Gribble HA in a group, my focus and goal was to maximize how much DPS I did in the entire task. Not just how much DPS I did on one mob. So when I started the task I was running Zan FI and Infusion. I went to Speedfocus, Terrorpalm, Heel, Ironfist, Eye. Whenever something refreshed, regardless of what point we were at, I used it.

But that is not how the "casual or raider who lacks skill and talent" does it. Because I have seen Rangers save Auspice until the very end for that 20 second named. I have seen Shaman not click their epic until they reached that 20 second named. I have seen a wizard save both Twincast and Improved Twincast for that 20 second named.

And that really is what separates good players from bad players in a Gribble HA. One group cares about killing a named as fast as possible, the other cares about finishing a task as fast as possible.
    Leex, Coronay and Tarvas like this.
  10. Darkark Augur

There's a myriad of reasons why people aren't getting them down quick, gear ain't one of them, and yep, Cicelee's example is a really common one. But some of things I've seen are just bizarre ... I was in a pick-up Gribble just for kicks a month or so ago and I got tore a new one for using my pet .... because that made the monk get agro ... and if I dropped my pet he wouldn't get agro.

I mean, the spectrum of poor play styles and misconceptions out there is huge, really huge. Unfortunately, there's often no helping fix the problems or correcting things because ... everyone knows best already, or something :( It's rare to find people willing to take some advice, even if you mean the best by it.
    Iila and Leex like this.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

True story. I'm guilty of this as well though I don't disc for names either so I am double .
  12. Roxxanna Augur

Raiders are capable of actually slowing progress due to their closed mindedness as well. Last group I did had a raid necro who insisted on using a merc healer with a TDS geared raid cleric already in group, didn't use advloot, then had the gall to insist that the cleric loot the mobs and do all the campfire clicking while they continued on.

What they should have done was pulled out a burn wizzy, and let the cleric do their job.
    Mayfaire, Silv, Darkark and 1 other person like this.
  13. Darkark Augur

Ooph, did he explain why he thought two clerics were necessary? o_O
  14. Roxxanna Augur

Nope, didn't really say much.
  15. Silv Augur

You should have known better. Raid necros are worse than raid warriors.

Geez... 9 pages of griping about Gribbles! You guys could have at least gotten in 10 more Gribbles if you weren't posting on forums.

I honestly don't give two flips about whether or not the Gribble industry has been bankrupt of it's abundant XP cache. What really matters is that they added in a change no one had prior knowledge to and it just conveniently coincided with TBM launch. How did they determine what values to increase the mobs? Arbitrarily? It never even went to test. That's the problem I see here.

For what it's worth: I haven't seen anyone in game actually complain about it. People are still doing DH runs on Bristle~
    beryon and Leex like this.
  16. Wizdons Augur

So can we drop the mic yet?
  17. Leex Pewpewer

Well I could see having a real cleric in groups doing DH..I mean there are a lot of undead..Maybe he thought you'd DPS instead of sitting there not doing anything else because the merc was healing. /shrugs.

Can't speak for him as I have no clue, sounds like a well thought out plan, of course if he wanted you to do so he should have asked ;).

To me this threads has a lot of casuals getting very upset, generally when it's stated the amount of time it's reasonable to transverse through a Gribble HA. A lot of that has to do with pride, as you can tell from the guy who was responding to me..He's got to much pride, not enough skill.

Also Rox you were talking about group setups..As far as CoTF HA's go I almost never have a real group, generally the tank is a Bard or a Ranger, lets be real, the tank doesn't need to be all that solid when CoTF mobs last 20 seconds max.

Honestly 25 minutes to complete 1 HA with even just 3 group members cycling through their burns/discs is more then enough time. If you're falling off and are having higher timed HA's I promise you it's not the HA or the change to the HA..I'm sorry if I offend people for being blunt but that's just me. Instead of getting offended and trying to attack me and fail, why don't you just reach out to more skilled people in your class and see what you can do to improve? ( This applies to anyone who feels the need to defend their shotty play )

* Drops the mic *
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The hurt for Ammeren and Darkark (buddy system) is real as I am brought up again and again. ROFL. Keep the tears flowing.

Surely with a newb like me it must be doubly insulting - even traumatic - when you can't respond to my arguments (subjective standard set by arbitrary time periods derived from mere personal experience and hearsay - sheer Know It All hooligans).
  19. Roxxanna Augur

I just don't like when people start throwing that casual word around, when Holly threw it out there it became a slur on Ragefire, I don't want to see that happen anymore. People have different styles, and no one likes it when their style is thrown under the bus. As I've said before, if Gribbles are taking too long, reach out and ask for advice, thats what I've always done when I hit a wall.

My group #1 3 Clerics, 3 burn casters- 15-20 mins, boring but safe.
    My Group #2 1 cleric, 2 wizards, 3 burn casters- 15 mins, fun, dangerous.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  20. Lilura Augur

I just don't know how anyone can make declaratory statements like how fast you should finish a Gribble unless you've grouped with those people. And top-end players don't usually group with peons in group gear and under level 105. I see it all the time.

I'm on Povar so I know the lay of the land. Ammeren, when you blast through a Gribble HA now, are you grouping with fellow Tritons, or maybe Firestormers or Final Empire people, or with people from Unholy Czars and Faithseekers? There's a difference.