Cornering the market out of control.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YellowBelly, Aug 27, 2017.

1. smash Augur

They do auto grant because thats were they most likely to be able to get group, and what is wrong with that? Autogrant so they can faster climb in levels. I use autogrant on my alts as well.
  2. Millianna Augur

Ignoring my question again, huh? Shows your character.
  3. Millianna Augur

I'm a mascot for DB. I can only help so many people and it's not going make any meaningful difference. The only entity than can do something about it is DB.
  4. Drusi Augur

I really do not see where the new players are hurting. You can very well level up slowly and enjoy the trip if you are doing the character for the first time obtaining relevant drops along the way.

Second: For new players there already is an option to buy all their armor and jewelry from Daybreak Marketplace. 500DBC for full armor package , 250DBC for a single piece of jewelry. Not cheap but it is there.

The only bug/glitch is that Extravagant armor is quite horrible at 85. Wonder how many 85+ characters buy that package...

I mean it is much more expensive than just buying a single Krono -> selling it for plat -> buying Defiant 50 times, but that Marketplace option is already there.

So yeah it would make some sense to make a new tier of armor for level 90-95 and add it to the Marketplace.

I suppose Daybreak could just adjust the Extravagant armor a bit to make some extra sales.
  5. Thrillho Augur

Well I should hope so. RoF is tuned for level 95-100. VoA would be a better fit, but even then depending on which named you encounter you might have a difficult time. VoA is tuned for 90-95. Heroic toons were meant to bring you up to the start of HoT. From there, you should be doing the progression through HoT (and getting gear!), then VoA (and getting more gear!), then RoF (and getting even more gear!). With autogrant, you get all the AAs up to... CotF? when you level up. You're in a better position than when those expansions were live.

You're effectively removing 2-3 years worth of time people spent in current content if you're expecting a heroic toon to move into RoF and survive. HoT and VoA being 1 year each, and RoF adding in a bit more time. There's that time concept again. It's almost as if EverQuest was built around time.

Using DBG Cash to buy items would be the same as buying a krono and trading it for plat. Except the krono route is going to give you more bang for your buck. Buy Remnants of Tranquility and buy yourself a full suit of TBM gear. I think you need what, 60,000 RoTs? That'll be 1.8 mil pp at a generous 30 pp per. At 2.6 mil pp per krono, you're still 800,000 pp up.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and svann like this.
  6. smash Augur

You also say you can only help so few people and it dont make any meaning full differnce. I would say that it gives more meaning there,than any kind of controlling the prices on goods.

I am greedy in regard to my prices, I admit. But it is from people who can afford it, sure. I will 100 times rather keep some items which I can then give to some, I can see that need it. I know they can use the item(s) a LOT more.
  7. Millianna Augur

VoA is a horrible expansion for gear. I found the T1 names more difficult than the T2. The cost of skipping T1 is going to be at least 10k per armor piece. I wouldn't advise anyone to get gear from this expansion. Assuming they can even box any of it. What is so wrong with adding gear in the market for 80 through 95 and 100 if this next expansion increases the level limit? The content is old and almost no one does the stuff 95 and below. Adding items to marketplace isn't the same as buying a Krono - they can simply use their monthly allowance from being gold.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

The reality is krono inflation > bazaar item inflation for most items. I operate 4-5 traders depending on if I run a barter or not and my prices have pretty much stayed the same on player made items over the last 3-4 years. The reason being is raising the prices has shown lower volume of sales as people will just undercut and in the end less profits. The same is true for almost every mob drop tradeable item with exception to tradeskill items.

Gear, spells, consumables, and anything that gets over farmed all decrease in value significantly from when they were first introduced to the game. Sure there are some fluctuations depending on supply and demand from week to week but generally speaking most items devalue over time instead of appreciate. Tradeskill mats are about the only items that for the most part consistently hold their value but they to will fluctuate up or down depending on certain variables. In reality this is no different than a real market.

That old gear and stuff is like yesterdays technology. Sure it still works and some people will buy it but its old news and people wont pay top dollar for most of it. New gear is fresh and people are willing to pay top dollar for bragging rights to show off their new bling in terms of uber stats and such. Tradeskill items are like your staple items such as bread, milk, eggs and so forth. The krono is gold when we actually had the gold standard. If you don't like how the in game economy works in terms of buyer and seller logic than stick to the combat aspect of the game otherwise you are going to be frustrated. No buyer or seller is going to change how they operate based on anything anyone here posts unless its some evil genius plan to make more plat.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

You do realize there are two types of players on the live servers that buy kronos for the most part. Player A is the new or returning type of player who wants gear as they level but does not want to spend countless hours trying to farm it only to be mauled to death by named mobs that are way to powerful for them. Instead they buy a krono and sell it which if they spend their plat wisely they should be able to gear a toon, buy all their spells/tomes, buy 20 slot player made bags, and buy gear in the bazaar from level 1 defiant all the way through castaway and still have enough left over to buy some stat foods. Placing all this "old gear" in the marketplace just reduces players ability to make a profit off of older content while providing no financial gains for DB.

The second group of players that buy kronos are those who want to buy chase loot. This is why in my belief they have gone to an ultra rare raid quality drop for 3 out of the last 4 expansions. It is a great way for the company to increase their krono sales which in reality a krono vs a year sub earns them 70% more profits which in the business world insane. Unless you can come up with some alternate solution for DB that increases their revenue and does not have a negative impact on the in game economy nothing you suggest will ever be considered seriously by the devs or most of the player base.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Siddar Augur

I agree VoA is not built for less then a full group. I would go back and gear up in last zones of HoT. Then try to jump to RoF.
  11. Thrillho Augur

I recall VOA being a bit rough when it first came out. Mind you, I was fairly undergeared at the time - barely scratching HoT. But still, I managed. I would hope that a heroic toon who went through the HoT progression / gear and is fully AAed (auto-grant), along with any other AA they're getting from VOA / RoF / (CotF?) autogrant would make up for it.

What is so wrong with doing progression through the expansions as everyone else had? There is a line to be drawn between pay-to-win and play-to-win, and unfortunately that line seems to be at level 85 (or 75 for marketplace gear). I still see people in HoT killing. I've farmed in VOA for my Tear aug and I saw people there. Lots of folks still play in RoF as well.

Monthly allowance is 500, right? I don't know how much gear costs in there currently, but I don't think the monthly allowance would cover it. I don't think you can even buy a decent bag for that little.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

And you keep ignoring everyone's questions of... why should you be entitled to just buy the gear in bazaar cheap? Why not earn it?
  13. Millianna Augur

The level curve is significantly faster now than it used to be during any of the expansion and DB intends it to be (hot zones). You cannot expect anyone to spend any significant amount of time in these old expansions. Anyone new is going have to get help or purchase stuff on the bazaar. Putting gear on the marketplace gives players an option outside of the bazaar or begging for help.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

they could add more gear slots to the daily hotzone tasks level 85/90/95
    this would get new peeps min upgrades with out looking for them
  15. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Surely, we the more experienced players of EverQuest can do more than plea for the developers to solve this crisis! Open your hearts and coin purses to support New and Inexperienced Player Services.

Your proportioned donation of just 29 pp per day can gear and feed a New and Inexperienced Player such that they may enjoy all that EverQuest has to offer. Their hardened defenses will surely build their confidence in handling the hairiest situations. With your firm support of this charitable organization we will invert this imperfect situation and possibly perk up our player community.

Rest assured 100% of your donation will be eagerly distributed to assist a New and Inexperienced Player. Our organization will publicly expose our asset expenditures for inspection by our supporters. Do not leave these sensitive New and Inexperienced Players out in the cold! Reach out to your local New and Inexperienced Player Services and donate today!
    svann likes this.
  16. Scorrpio Augur

There are already plenty of things on the marketplace that a new/returning player would be interested in. Anyone interested in skipping first 85 levels will want a heroic boost. Nearly everyone would want an extra merc slot. Players want their avatars to look good, so enter the Hero Forge. And about everyone would want the anchor package, especially if they don't have the throne reward. There you already have about a year's worth of free DBC, and none of the above can be bought for plat. I would be highly surprised if anyone ever would buy the stuff even if you make it available. Oh, and if heroics is any indication, marketplace gear is likely going to be barely adequate for its level. Quite a lot of people who get a heroic go shopping for Rustic right away.
    Anyone grinding HAs for xp would have lots of MoVs and later ReTs. Plenty of gear/augs available for those. And every player will also need a fair amount of plat, even only to buy spells. But then there are type 3 shards, HoT/VoA/RoF/TDS conversion boxes and reagents for T2 gear, and so on. And if one is into tradeskills, that's a whole other can of worms. Where there is gear for DBC or not, money remains a concern. And at least right now. a single krono is enough to both gear up and not worry about plat all the way to 105.
  17. Millianna Augur

No heroic toon is going to consistently get a group grinding HAs. It's not efficient to molo or even duel box those at those levels. As your level increases, you will need new gear. At that point, you either use marks on gear or save up for the augs. Doesn't matter the approach, you will need to get gear elsewhere.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You're still not simply entitled to cheap stuff...
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Some people mistake EQ for RL I guess. They collect their food stamps and welfare check and think to themselves "hey I am entitled to virtual handouts too darn it! Life just isn't fair if I have to work for stuff I obtain it should just be given to me."
  20. YellowBelly Augur

When did my thread turn into a discussion about food stamps and entitlements. Leave stupid right wing real life political whining out of my thread.

It's about one or two people buying up every commodity from honest traders and jacking up the prices in EQ's bazaar.

It sounds like the people doing it are trolling this thread worried that their little game is finally being brought to the attention of the developers. Your manipulation will be coming to an end soon.