Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Just some dumb tidbits

41 pages of forum posts
    98k words

Some top 2 word phrases / Occurrences

[IMG]
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Might want to delete this post. Hacking the mainframe might get you banned.
  3. Garwin Lorekeeper

Random question, how many posts?
  4. Ceffener Augur

808....now 809
  5. LittleBrumski Augur

6. bluguyinsky New Member

mangler

Around Agnarr exp
    keep the high exp death and make the highest rez possible 50% (minus the AA for 100%)
    increase mob dmg and resists
  7. bluguyinsky New Member

Time sink does not make it hardcore
  8. TimeBreak Elder

I see a lot of people saying PoP is going to be 3 full months on Selo. I highly doubt that. Every other server besides Agnarr has LoY open 1 hour after PoP, then LDoN as a seperate expansion.

So that's 6 weeks to go from scratch to 60 with AA's and gear; 2 months for 65, AA and gear, then 1 month after.

That puts the server past OoW by mid July. Still say 2 months makes much more sense then the rapid fire unlocks even with the extra month of PoP cause of LDoN.

I don't care if they want the server to rapidly reach Live, no one on TLP's gives a flying you know what about playing on Live, that's why we are on TLP's to begin with.
  9. Ceffener Augur

Because Devs said it would be 3 months PoP in (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ldon-and-ykesha-unlocks-selos.254537/), to be fair that indicated things can change also.
  10. TimeBreak Elder

Thank you. I asked this several times on multiple threads, even started one the day before the thread you referenced (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...larification-on-selos-unlock-schedule.254403/), and directly msg'd Roxxly asking for clarification last week and never heard a peep. Haven't been on as much the past few days and missed this, thanks again.
  11. Aziuno Augur

Everyone else has given their opinion, so here is mine...

Selo - Keep as is except couple pop+LoY
    Make it so red can buff/heal blue, but keep it so blue can't help red. ;)

Mangler - Make this your casual.
    3 month unlocks for level increase
    2 month for non lvl increase
    -same exp as Selo
    -dz timers their normal lockout
    -2x rares
    -lower load balance threshold (as a casual, when my friends and I can finally play, we want to go to our favorite zone without worrying that one strong group is keeping most of the zone clear (or practical part to group in) and we need 12 more for a new pick.)
    --i don't think everyone should have their own empty zone though, that removes some immersion.
    ---change pickzone timer to move to 10mins if you kill a rare creature.
    -remove keying for classic to Luclin, have PoP zones level unlocked minus elementals. This allows casual guilds to AoC all their flagging and avoid storms open world.
    -Require truebox until SoD.
    -If you do FV, make it 1 toon per acct like FV was.
    -if you don't do FV, make group gear better up to SoF... Not sure if that's enable defiant at OOW, or what.
    -mercs unlock at DoDH (servers historically are lower pop by then due to another TLP being made {stop it}, J5 wouldn't be available until SoD)
  12. Machentoo Augur

13. ForumBoss Augur

3 months of raiding PoTime is plenty of loot. I'm thinking 6-8 weeks for level cap increase expansions, and 1 month for non-level cap increases is a fair compromise. This sort of logic is already coded on Coirnav and Phinigel, so it should not be a very difficult implementation.

Ideally we'd get double loot from bosses, so we don't have to raid twice as much to make up for the compressed schedule. Some expansions only really had 1 worthwhile raid zone though (TBS, PoR, DoDH, OOW) as far as loot per hour, which would mean doing those twice per week would yield most of the returns, and not be too taxing on the players.
  14. Lateryn Augur

Holy you need a life.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I simply tasked 2 interns in one of my wife's companies to run some stats.... Engineers get bored.
  16. Crashbixie New Member

Mangler with Agnarr exp

3month for all xpack from original EQ to PoP
  17. ProgressionFreak Augur

Selo's
    The fast pace of this server is an exhilarating concept for the casual player. It provides fast progression for them so they can play a few hours a day and get a few levels, and experience content without expending an exhausting amount of effort or commitment.

However, the current 1 month release may be a bit too fast pace Especially with unlocking in Luclin, people might neglect or disregard some content entirely in order to keep up to speed.
    Consider 2 month or 45 day unlocks

Mangler

For the masochist, and someone with way too much time on their hands, this server boasts a grueling experience rate with tremendous penalties for deaths. It might be worthwhile to resurrect yourselves here! As we try to get closer and closer to the "Classic" feel, it will never be the same as the first time we logged on and died to a gang of fire beetles. There isn't much allure to this server than, "I have more time to play and I want to do Phinegal all over again".

What would really make this server POP would be if Legacy items like Manastone, Cryosilk, Thex Dagger, and Guise were in, and SERVER-BOUND was added, much like NO RENT.
    Otherwise, implementing FV loot ruleset.

Either way, these two rules would definitely create an Allure (see what I did there?) for people to come to this server.

Thanks for reading.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.