Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gremin Augur

Keep Selo's same.

Increase xp rate on Mangler to LJ level, 4 mo, FV loot rules.
    practicalnurse and Magic like this.
  2. megaddar New Member

Why do folks keep saying either of these servers are 'hardcore'..
    Per the current ruleset.
    Selos is racing/rush server. Nothing 'hardcore' about it. You grind out xp, gear and raids.
    Selos will appeal to folks with lots of time to game and want to raid.

Mangler is dumpster fire due to the abysmal xp rate.
    Increase the xp and make it open-world pvp.
    Then you will have a hardcore server.
  3. Ceffener Augur

So your not hardcore enough to grind the xp then?
  4. Stagentti Augur

Selos is hardcore from the standpoint that it's going to be near impossible to finish all the raids in era the longer the server is open.

And there are people for which that is their main goal and will try.
  5. megaddar New Member

Im the hardcorest.
  6. megaddar New Member

Quarm has already been defeated on cornaiv, the xp rate there is much worse than selos is going to be. Those folks that have the time will be downing in-era end-game content in a matter of days. The one month unlocks will be more than enough to keep up after the 6 week luclin grind.

Dont get me wrong tho, im not advocating one month expansion unlocks. I would prefer 2 months, but to be able to label the server as 'ultra-casual' i think 3 is the fastest you could go.
  7. Fhiele Augur

They said they'd post this week about changes,if any.
  8. Stagentti Augur

Have you played the later expacs? Are you familiar with the difficultly of those raids and how exponentially harder they got? It isn't the slow climb in difficultly like in the earlier ones.

Coirnav also had significantly more time to get your guild all the raid gear they need for the next set of raids.

For some of those later expacs it took guilds on live a fair amount of time to beat them even with everyone fully decked out with BiS and complete sets of the previous expacs raid gear.

Sorry but at some point they aren't going to finish all the in-era raids and won't get their full guild geared up within the month. It compounds from there.

As other people have pointed out, it seems like a lot of folks haven't played past Underfoot or raided that content to know how difficult it is.

EDIT: for the sake of guessing for the fun of it, I think around TBS is when a batch of guilds start to fall off completing in-era. Early but hey...guessing is free lol.
  9. davnegsep Journeyman

1)XP rate is lower than other progression servers and players will lose more experience on death. Plane of Sky and Fear is going to be slow with those HT.
    2)No Out of combat regeneration until (TSS). Players are going to waste a lot of time between kills waiting for mana unless watching some yourtube while meding. This will make people sick and just camp out game.
    3)No focus effects until The SoL unlocks. No mercy for saving some mana or doing some extra damage.
    If I had a year unlock for expa, I will play on mangler. But those days are long gone...
  10. Fhiele Augur

I think Spiroc island will be like..a battle to see who wants to eat the DT's. More likely. a sky raiding guild just has to have people xping more often. The Hole drops raid-level gear for casters and priests, so might as well head down there in xp groups to keep at 100% and get more drops for the team. Fear is not a lot of DT's really, 4-6 for CT, and you'll get a 90% rez. Wiping to CT would suck though. So you might not want to rush it with 40 undergeared avg level 48 people. Maybe wait for 60+ level 50s.
  11. Xilbus Journeyman

I'm something of a casual player. I had been playing on Ragefire and loved the 6 month lockout on the early expansions. It took me around a month to go from 1-50 during classic and at least that long from 50-60 during Kunnark.

I consider Velious, SoL, and PoP to be my favorite xpacs.

While I really wanted to play on the casual server, I don't see the rule set for that server working well. Let's guess the xp rate is double. By the time I level up to 60 we will be in PoP already and I will have few to no AA's and will likely have not raided anything in SoL. If the XP rate is triple (seems very unlikely) it would take around 2 weeks to reach 60. At that point an AA grind can begin and I can try to start raiding for access to VT - let's guess that this will take a week. I could thus raid VT once prior to PoP opening.

One month is simply too fast for an unlock period imo.
  12. Thalliius Augur

the voices of the masses lol

All 9 of you?
    practicalnurse likes this.
  13. Thalliius Augur

Perfect!

So basically anyone who tries to play and isn't with some guild or core group of pvpers will be killed out of every single camp spot they're ever at and spawn back at a bind point.

They'll spend the entire game dying and running back to their camp, which is now taken by the same people that killed them and who, in all likelihood, will kill them again as soon as they run back

Oh the endless fun that could be had by all!

lol
  14. Thalliius Augur

Most people quit at or after PoP on slower unlock servers. DBG has this data and know it for a fact.

they're obviously trying a different approach with Selos, to quickly go through the expansions instead of having them long and drawn out where people burn out and quit. They will likely make more sales on their latest expansions using this method and convert some TLP players into Live players

I have nothing against Live, i just haven't played any of the expansions basically after Omens of War... Selos will be the first TLP ive been here for that will allow me to experience them all and probably convert to a live player at the end of the day
    Tankz likes this.
  15. Thalliius Augur

Where is this documentation you speak of? I'd love to read it.

The vast majority of their TLPs have been slower unlocks starting in Classic. Now they're trying something new that has some logic behind it and people are freaking out
  16. Stagentti Augur

You fall into the boat that I imagine a fair amount of people do: have not played past a certain expac before. There was that drop off back when the later ones first came out.

I guess my thought is just that if you haven't played a certain expac before then 3 months might not be that bad. You haven't seen it so hopefully wouldn't get bored as fast as doing Kunark for the millionth time. And 3 months would give you ample time to experience it.

Selos should 100% not start any earlier. Not sure if I've expressed that. I actually thought they were combining a couple of the first ones with PoP to get people past those ones quicker (like LDON).
    Yinla likes this.
  17. LittleBrumski Augur

True, but at least it's only a month, and there is a boatload of stuff to do and a lot of zones to go to at first. At least not everyone will be doing the same old level grind that we usually do in classic.
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  18. LittleBrumski Augur

Slow XP doesn't make the hardcore go "OMG!! The XP is sooo slow, that won't stop me, I'll still be the first person to cap in 3 days!! Challenge accepted"

Instead, the fast unlocks and starting at Luclin has them thinking "OMG, only one month to keep up with the keying, AA's and flags! Challenge accepted!! We're gonna be the the first/only guild to keep up!"

It is still possible that with the fast XP, reduced lockouts and splitting raids, the hardcore guilds won't have much trouble keeping up anyway. A lot of people think 1 month is too fast for casual. I think that is one of the main points DBG is mulling over if they make any changes. If they slow it down, that kind of takes some of the challenge away from what the hardcore are anticipating, but they'll still play on it because there is nothing alluring about Mangled to make them want to play there.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. LittleBrumski Augur

You spend 1 month out of 6 getting to max level, then 5 months at max level?

If Selo has about double the XP from RF, then it would only take you about 2 weeks to level up. Leaving you about half of the cycle to be at max level. Yeah, proportionally that is not as much time, but I don't think even most 'casuals' would want to be at max level for 80% of the time unless they reaaaaaally love that expansion.
  20. Ceffener Augur

The bigger problem is that there isn’t much challenge in the game for awhile, (especially under TLP mechanics). So the only challenges are either artificial (slow xp) or playerbase made (racing).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.