Classic Server; Ragefire; Boon or Doom?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Badger Lord, May 6, 2015.

1. Jaxarale01 Augur

Me either, I was responding to someone that was asking how I was "making up" the fact that there will be no rotations and everything will be butterflies and rainbows in their opinion, take them in context... it helps
  2. Indigo Augur

Kunark sounding really good now.
  3. jagarr Augur

those people are being sillz. i think it is unrealistic to expect everyone to cooperate.

that said, i don't think it'll be that bad. the system will be so frighteningly chaotic that i can see lots of underdogs getting loot if they'd just take a shot at it.

or it'll be the usual funneling of players from lesser guilds into the big one blah blah etc. etc.

my underlying point stands: DB gave us a trash heap for about a year and unless they backpedal because of a sharp drop in subs next month, there really isn't any point to complaining anymore.

we've been complaining for months. the complaints have been registered. if it really ends up that terrible, just don't sub again!
  4. Eqplayer1999 Elder

this server is looking to be more crowded then fippy... raids are gonna be hard to find
  5. Gremin Augur

The poor horses lately, people just cant stop beating on them.
    Klaria likes this.
  6. MBear Augur

You really think they don't have a server on ice? I bet it takes them less than a week to open another one if 5000 subs actually show up.
  7. Kahna Augur

I do think they have a backup. But that worked so well on Fippy/Vulak. No one wants to switch after they have already been playing for week. So you have one still overcrowded server and a second one with a population that dies off early. Yay, fun.
    Tornat likes this.
  8. MBear Augur

Shouldn't be that big of a deal, just merge them at Velious or something.
    You could even use the Beta hardware (assuming it isn't yet virtualized) to run it for a bit then merge them this time next year.
  9. Kahna Augur

Cause that worked so well for Fippy/Vulak.
  10. MBear Augur

It wasn't done for Fippy/Vulak. You have bad information.
  11. Kahna Augur

That is my point. They still haven't been merged despite needing it for years. I wouldn't anticipate a new server plan being any different.
  12. MBear Augur

Oh - the online sarcasm thing.
    I thought there was a technical problem with merging them stated at some point as a reason why.
    Server merges have often happened over the years so you would think that if they wanted to, they certainly could. Also they potentially could have learned from whatever mistake with Fippy/Vulak that was preventing a normal server merge.
  13. Tachyon Augur

Have fun, relax, have fun, relax, have fun!

Don't consume life, enjoy it!!
    Ltldogg and Klaria like this.
  14. Tornat Augur

there won't be 5000 on this server.
  15. MBear Augur

I have no idea, I was quoting a number from above.
    How many do you think there might actually be?
  16. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    Perhaps a mega-uni-server inclusive of just the progression players is planned for down the road ^-^
  17. Drathus Augur

Really?

There were three guilds on my original server killing raid targets. We raced some of the time, other times we joined up to take out targets, and sometimes we took turns.

There was a group in our guild that would get up early in the morning before work and head to KK for the rares. About 50% of the time Phinny was up in his lair and the zone empty of people.

Do I like competition? Yes, sure I do. It was fun to race another guild to a target after patch days. However we didn't poop sock. Usually had a tracker in raid zones and once a boss spawned we would mobilize. This actually resulted in a lot more races.

Is this what is going to happen on Ragefire? %&*$ NO!

I wouldn't be surprised if we have ten raiding guilds on the server. If there is an organized rotation, it means one boss kill per month - for each boss. If it is a DPS race, it means 300+ people poop socking a spawn until the boss spawns and then it instantly dieing.

This happened on Fippy, but Ragefire is going to be worse!

Racing to get to a boss mob and then sitting to the side if you didn't get there in time, waiting for a shot if the first raid fails is competition. 10 guilds sitting in Nagafen's Lair attempting to kill him the second he spawns is not.

Even if it was just TL and another mega guild. How are you going to feed that many people? TL has stated they are going to be running about 200 members. How many boss kills do they need to distribute loot to their members?

Do you think any of the lesser guilds will ever have a shot at any boss encounter?

The suggestions I made were ideas to alleviate the chaos that is going to ensue. Do you really think a GM would pop into a zone and start chain summoning boss targets for a group of mages farming loot to RMT?

As for Phiny, he holds four different epic quest pieces. Do you have any idea at all just how contested he is going to be on Ragefire? You actually think a single group of RMTers are going to get away with farming him?

On Fippy, our group sat in KK killing Phinny of and on for three weeks, trying to get one water staff for our mage and a kedge backbone for our bard. On some of the late night kills we were the only group there with several single pick ups that joined the raid, but most of the time there were constant fights. It got so bad, one day GM Deodan showed up and started a player run waiting list for drops. Something similar to what happened in Guk for the guise.

Ragefire is going to be even more contested.

I don't want easy mode, but Ragefire isn't even going to be in the same ballpark as the original servers. My suggestions were simply solutions to alleviate the insanity that is going to ensue.
  18. Drathus Augur

Nagafen, Vox, Phinny will not be camped by mage bot crews.

They will have 300+ people sitting in their lairs insta-killing them the second they spawn - just like on Fippy. Ragefire will not be anything like Vulak, it was the low population run over server. The way Ragefire is being designed, with multiple instances of lower starting zones and the removal of the server population cap, they are putting the population of Fippy and Vulak together on one server.
  19. Drathus Augur

5,000 on at any given time - I highly doubt that.

5,000 characters created and played on the server over time? So one person botting two characters would still be two characters - two active gold accounts. Very possible.

Also going to have lots of part timers that log out for raids on their main servers . . . even people that don't play often.

On day one of Fippy, the server reached max population and people were getting denied access to log in - that's why they created Vulak. What is that number? 2,000+?

I think 5,000 accounts with a character created on Ragefire is possible.
  20. Myth Elder

im gona give it one month at least...but 6 months before kunark..I dont see it happening. I..nor anyone else for that matter, is going to tolerate a GMless server with 'play nice" rules for this amount of time with nothing to do.