Classic Server; Ragefire; Boon or Doom?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Badger Lord, May 6, 2015.

1. Tachyon Augur

Players who play 8-16 hours a day are going to be maxxed out in xp and loot within a few weeks. Something which was not the case on Fippy because xp was much slower than what they have proposed here. They'll have no reason to play until Kunark, leaving all kinds of space for the slower levelers. And yes, there will be a bunch of players, a majority in fact that won't even hit 50 after 3-4 months. This was true on Fippy as well. I remember all sorts of open space in the latter half of month two, and that's when I had the most fun grouping with other players.
    Fallfyres and MBear like this.
  2. Mardy Augur

People who max out in levels would be perma farming camps with loot. And that's part of the problems with classic, all the dungeons with decent exp for 40-50 are tied to loot camps. One of the reasons I advocated for classic + kunark at launch is because kunark opens up more exp camps for 1-50 which are not tied to loot camps. That's how you really separate casuals from hardcores.

It only takes 1 gold farmer to lock down 3-4 loot camps in lower guk. There will be camps taken almost 24/7 because you have people powerleveling alts and guildies, and farming loot to sell for gold. A lot of casual gamers never made it to month 2, let alone 3, because they got frustrated with not being able to exp or farm loot for themselves.

So I guess the logic here is faster exp this time around + double the classic duration = somehow happier gamers, happier casuals, healthier server? I just don't see that logic. In a way, you are agreeing with some of us without realizing. You are admitting the sooner hardcores move on to Kunark, the sooner you can have a fun time ingame. I think maybe you're in the wrong camp advocating for 6 months of classic ;)
    Sendori likes this.
  3. Vlerg Augur

That's actually true. a ton of players will hit max level in a week or two... maybe raid for a little while or level up an alt... and stop going on TLP for a couple month till the next expac ( if they return). A much better alternative than actually opening expansion at a decent rate while those who hate progression stay in classic!
    MBear likes this.
  4. Tachyon Augur

I'm admitting that hardcores will move on, probably to the live servers. It's what we did back on The Combine between unlocks since it only took us a few weeks to kill everything. We certainly didn't sit around for weeks (or months!) farming the FBSS. There are much better bangs for your time if gold farming is your angle.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Jet-Li Lorekeeper

You put in a lot of effort to share your thoughts about this server. I hope you will still play, Badger Lord, but I understand six months of Classic is not for everyone.
  6. Brelar Journeyman

I'm excited that life can get in the way on the schedule and not make me miss 2 expansions. That's basically what happened to me on Fippy. Mid-terms into papers into lucin. My only thought on logging in was crap...
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. oshnappleton Journeyman

I played on fippy during classic. I remember me and three friends started the day of release and got a fair bit away from the population (Side note: there were so many people, and so little mobs, you could not, literally, find a mob in a noobie zone, but I suppose this is being remedied). A couple days later, I was the second or third or maybe fourth 50 mage/enchanter. It was awesome at that point; we camped whatever we wanted and there were no crowds. I remember getting a djarn's ring, and a robe from arch magus.

Then a few days went by, and things started getting very crowded. It started to take hours and hours to get camps in gukbottom or soldungb. People started grouping in the volcano place. I can't even remember where it was, I just remember being there. It was OOT I think. Then more days went by, and not long later, I @$%@ you not, I would log on, go LFG, and 10 hours later, I would not have received a single tell. There were people boxing entire groups, and many dual, triple or quad boxers (like me and my friends). Oh my god, I just remembered the line to get a guise of the deceiver. It was literally a week long, spanning HUNDREDS of people just sitting there.

Anyway, this guy camped Efreeti Lord Djarn for like 4 days straight, got a !@$%ton of boots, and rings for all his guys and all his friends, and then he waited in line and did it again, and other people started doing it. And before you knew it, everything was literally perma-camped. There was literally nothing to do in the game. No AA's to work on, just loot to grind, and the camps were ALWAYS taken. Repeat, ALWAYS.

My friend joined Twisted Legion, and was playing around the clock for months. His entire life (job, relationships, sleep schedule, everything) revolved around waiting for texts to get to plane of air within 5 minutes.

I ended up quitting, because as you can see, it was really fun. I was really excited to play on a progression realm again, but then I remembered how the last one was. Things may have gotten better after Kunark was released, but I'm not sure. I can only attest to how superiorly lame classic was. It might work well with 2 expansions on P99, with 1500 players, but 5000 on classic only is totally sweet, bro.
    Sendori likes this.
  8. Aurous New Member

I'm excited that Daybreak is not going to rush us through expansions. I'm sure if a large portion of the servers reaches max level within the first month, they'll give us another vote to open Kunark early. They want our money after all :)
    MBear likes this.
  9. Jaxarale01 Augur

LOL gotta love this...
    Duh, yes ANOTHER thread about instancing... when will it get through to you that your "classic feel" mantra is not going to work? The 10th thread? 50th? 100th?
    You would think with so many threads on this that you are closing them it might be high time to admit you are wrong and give the "its not classic" mumbo jumbo a break and address the biggest issue facing the new TLP?
  10. vardune Augur

Is the exp on ragefire twice as hard as it was on fippy, meaning it will take twice as long to hit 50. Plus there will be zero raf accounts.
  11. MBear Augur

The xp is twice as fast as classic but actually faster even than that with penalties and hell levels and such removed.
  12. The Badger Lord Augur

Heard the exp rates are much higher than Fippy. Is this true? If so what another letdown, 6 months of classic with faster rates than Fippy? Fippy was already pretty fast.
  13. Lekkric18 Elder

It's faster than fippy at the very low levels because the 2% exp cap on fippy meant killing 50 mobs to get to level 2, another 50 to level 3, etc. On ragefire you can solo and get higher exp per mob than on Fippy, but I'm not sure if it comes out to faster or slower overall. I'd guess slower, just because even 2x classic rates (which Ragefire is) would be much slower than current live server exp, cap or no.
  14. The Badger Lord Augur

Will they hold an official Kunark vote 2 months in? (No. "If players decide".......been there, done that with many games, general statements don't mean much).
  15. Tornat Augur

think they will have kurnark vote up before end of summer or server will be ghost town. or they already have it in mind they dropping another progression server in a few months that is classic , kurnark , velious.

Most of classic is citys , newb zones. Kurnark probably tripple the mid level and upper level content. as well does velious
  16. ZamaX Lorekeeper

The thing is its a different game this time around between live and progression servers. A large portion of players are specifically only coming back for progression that arent part of any live guilds or anything now. Especially comparing combine to ragefire, combine was primarily live players who wanted to do something different, opposed to now its the few people who still play on live vs all the people who are coming back for nostalgia.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Amoeba Augur

So... Come back when more expansions are out?

We can vote for early release as well as per the devs.

Overall, chill. Just breathe.

Things will be fine. I personally am planning to go about things at a slower pace than I did on Fippy. I think. Unless I fall into a bad crowd that convinces me otherwise.
  18. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

if you are not playing why would you bother to write this post, SMH we dont care about your opinion unless you are a paying subscriber
  19. The Badger Lord Augur

Sir Vulak, why must you be so cruel? I could say something of similar proportions to you (turn the tables).

If you don't care about my opinion, then why are you commenting on my thread?

These are issues that matter to many, many people, and no I don't plan to play as is, unless a promise or guarantee is put into place to have a vote 2 months in. I promise you this Vulak, after 2-3 months of classic, a high percentage (super majority) of players on this server will be begging for Kunark (that is the ones that haven't left already). Mark my words Sir Knight, 6 months of Classic is a nightmare, and you'll soon see why my original post on the subject is very true.

Also, I have been supporting a progression launch for a long time. Everyone has every right to state their opinions and concerns regardless of whether they are playing or not.

There's really no reason not to hold a vote, for if the true will of the majority still wants 6months of classic after 2 months of reality, then nothing changes.
  20. Archess Elder

I like the part where i can play when i feel like it, and not be pressurised to level up to 50 asap to then get to 60 assaper for raids.

Ill have time to get my ducks in a row and when we get there ill be able to raid, though i voted Classic to go with Kunark so there would be more things todo from the get go, but not playing because your vote didn't win sounds like a 12 year old who doesnt get it their way.

We will be fine and if after a couple of months they repoll, fine for me too, if you want to miss out on a new TLP because i mean, you don't have to play 24/7, not starting on it on the 20 the is just dumb.
    Fallfyres likes this.