Class Balance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Povarmonk, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Mills~ Augur

This isn't a pee in the enchanters cheerios discussion. But their new adps greatly impacts the current issues at hand. Even if TDS ac was lowered and a lot of the gimmicks that hurt melee more removed some burst classes sustained for what are still sustained events puts them well above their peers. Haze among others things if left alone plays a decent part in that issue.

Otherwise the same multi layered issue will appear in reverse. Mob AC will be lowered, events altered to be a bit more even mechanic wise AND other boosts will be added for sustained and it will become meleequest all over again and people will make silly claims like it was mob AC that caused it all so just leave our new personal gains out of the discussion.
  2. Brogett Augur

Even when "meleequest" was being bandied around all over the shop, it wasn't really true. Melee-burn-quest maybe, but beyond burns it's always been necroquest. As I said before there is some balance in that - they're weaker on burst and trash (or at least have normally been weak, bar a brief spell with fast dots upsetting the apple cart). But "meleequest"? Was never really anything more than marketting by wizards :p
  3. Silv Augur

Okay... how much DPS do you think this is adding exactly?

^What you are suggesting is what I did today to determine there was a % modifier difference between proc & activated. Check it out for yourself for sure but this is how I came to that conclusion.
  4. RPoo Augur

They see me hazing - they hatin'
    Trollin' and tryin' ta catch me sploitin' buggy's
    Mintalie, Iila, Brogett and 2 others like this.
  5. Silv Augur

When does the album come out?
    Sancus and RPoo like this.
  6. RPoo Augur

/kickstarter
    Let's DO THIS!
    Mintalie and Sancus like this.
  7. guado Augur

Chromo Tripping for life!!!!!!!
  8. Vlerg Augur

What we really need is to have a wizard group with 5 enchanters providing a continuous strams of chromatic haze proc, have that wizard post his 800kdps/ 60 second burn parse , and get casters nerfed to oblivion...

Or... give melee more self-buff to help with their sustained / reduce their aDPS dependancy, and keep adding stuff like chromatic haze to INCREASE caster aDPS depency / enchanter active role.
    Sancus and RPoo like this.
  9. Fenudir Augur

Only takes one chanter if they know the trick.
  10. Sancus Augur

To get to 800K DPS you might need more than one :)
  11. Silv Augur

Yeah... you can only spam so fast and believe it or not... it's still subject to a horrible RNG run. I'd agree two could probably keep it on lock though.
  12. segap Augur

Based on a previous comment, I tried spamming a certain ability in a way that did not trigger the 60 second cool down. Sometimes it was as quick as 1 or 2 clicks. Others it was 50+ clicks. Average was over 20 clicks to proc it. Not something I would find fun beyond an occasional sh**s and giggles to see how big a number I could get for my wizard.
  13. EqEqEq Elder

This thread started out good. Now my plat is on an enc nerf next patch and them washing their hands of a melee fix. Personally I'm really tired of seeing mobs with crazy AE rampage while casters laugh.

Things I like to see:
    1 - Remove melee slow from rez
    2 - Lower AC on TDS mobs
    3 - Move some of the ADPS to melee personal AA/buffs. IDK maybe a shaman mini epic buff. Something when burns are down.
    4 - Next expan have raids that cater to both burn and long fights. Oh wouldn't mind another CTOV like zone while im throwing coins into the wishing well.

Something needs to be done because I use to tell people play what is fun. Now I say play what is fun as long it's a caster.
    Songsa and Brogett like this.
  14. Nickster86 Elder

Martin Luther King once said in his famous speach " I have a dream that one day little erudite mages and little erudite wizards will be sharing the same dps charts as little barbarian rogues and little barbarian shaman".
    trueheart, Kellaer and Ravengloome like this.
  15. Songsa Augur

195 posts in this thread and 6k+ views, i count at least 5 or 6 other threads about class balance (especially casters vs melee survivability and dps balance) and have yet to see one single dev message about the situation to explain their intention (if its intended), the future (if its not) or simply give their feeling about that.
    I guess Daybreak is not different from SoE in communication despite all the good promises we got few months ago.
  16. wingz-83 Augur

I use these at my job daily. Not hard to setup.
  17. Mintalie Augur

What's the with self-loathing casters, anyway? Calling for a nerf to an ability that A) finally makes enchanters in high demand, and B) boosts your DPS, is just plain nuts. Seriously, if you have nothing better to do with your time than try to nerf yourself, go find a hobby.
    Iila, Silv and RPoo like this.
  18. fortuneteller Augur

Except that the ability is totally unbalanced, and will if it allowed, result in NeXT expansion that NO casters will get any ability at all, because they already got in advance.
  19. Random_Enchanter Augur

no, haze is completely balanced when people use it as intended. The problem results in, you gave enchanters a new toy and failed to factor in that enchanters have a habit of being . . . . . enchanters*. As such others in the post are alluding to some 'cheese' factor that can allow haze to be activated every 4 seconds ish? (4 seconds calculated by your average cast time per nuke being 2 seconds and needing 2 enchanters comment)

* partially insane/crazy and/or testing stuff and coming up with new and innovative** ways of using abilitys
    ** potentially game breaking
    AB-Muvien, Fenudir and RPoo like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Never ceases to amaze me how people refuse to admit something is broken/OP just because it's their class. Even if it's horrendously broken. I guess people will defend anything tooth and nail because....don't take away my stuffs?!? Remember when sks could swarm essentially an unlimited # of weaker mobs for exp? Remember when a ranger with a ToV bow could get some of the fastest exp in game? Remember when priest da aa made them effectively immortal? Can go on and on and on. Some abilities end up being more powerful than they intended/implemented and need to be reigned in. Is what it is.

For chronohaze, it unlikely to be intended for this ability to be spammable the way it is currently. They need to change it to prevent that, but at the same time fix the actual bug where it doesn't work a lot of the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.