canceling 4 accounts if one of the 2 new tlp dosent remove truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Parva Lorekeeper

This is wrong on so many levels. You think the boxers that truebox are there to help the community lol. They are there for one reason and reason only, to capitalize on the economy and make as much money/krono/plat as possible. Go to any truebox server during classic through Velious and look at all the camps that drop sellable loot. It is being camped by BOXERS.
  2. Kahna Augur

Yeah, that would be the negative, which is very much toned down compared to RF/LJ. The positive would be those (useful) 2 boxers helping fill a needed role in a group. Which is still very much doable with truebox. Deep breath, relax, not all boxers are evil.
  3. Parva Lorekeeper

Umm I understand that not all boxers are evil but to even make it sound like multi-boxers dont really exist on Truebox is false, wherever there is a competitive market, there will always be someone there to capitalize on it. There is honestly no difference between RF/LJ than Phini/Agnaar/Corinaav the scum figure out a way to extort the masses. Just because someone is 18 boxing, does not make them evil either.
  4. Kahna Augur

I said reduced, not abolished. And yes, it is very much reduced compared to RF/LJ. At absolutely no point on Phinny/Agnarr/Coirnav did a boxer prevent me from progressing. Made me switch picks or wait a bit, sure, but on RF/LJ I was completely prevented from progressing by boxers. It is reduced.
  5. Parva Lorekeeper

You progressed because of pick zones and AoCs not because there were fewer boxers. RF/LJ never had pick zones and AoCs so the boxers were able to hold down camps/named. I know a guy who boxes 24 toons on Agnarr and he does it with usb number pads to control all of them. Truebox did nothing to stop him.
  6. Gremin Augur

Way to many posts spouting lies and misconceptions about LJ and RF its laughable.

Both servers:

1. Have picks, got them in classic when Daybreak realized both servers where super packed.

2. While both servers had boxer armies, they where not as rampant as made out to be.

3. Both servers are still alive and kick in the DoDH expansion with viable populations. So feel free to come join us at any time.

The arguement against a non true box server seems silly to me. Let them build a place for the boxers to go if you are so against them being on your server.

Btw this game would possibly be gone if not for boxing. My guess 40% of subs/krono use on monthly use are box accts.
  7. Kahna Augur

No, I wasn't even referring to raids. How hard is it to understand that fewer people mass boxing has less impact. and there are fewer people mass boxing on the truebox server than on the non-truebox servers. It exists, it is reduced.

I don't know where you are coming up with the whole "Ragefire never had pickzones thing" Here is a reddit post talking about Ragefire pickzones from 3 June 2015. Phinny launched 9 Dec 2015. So yeah, picks were very much a thing on RF, long before Phinny was even a consideration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/38c7ym/pickzone_should_only_work_at_zone_in/
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  8. Parva Lorekeeper

Well that is my fault. I was under the impression it did not have pick zones. I honestly have nothing against boxers as long as they are respectful to the community. And I really dont see a problem with someone 6 boxing. But anymore than 6 is just ridiculous. You cannot accomplish raids with a 6 man group in era so let the Boxers be able to box from 1 PC. Alot of the boxers I came across on phini were always willing to give a spot up for me. And 2 of the boxers I played with said they wish they didnt have to use so many computers.
  9. Warzon Elder

All of classic can be done with 1 group. I would be shocked if the first naggy/vox kills are done with more than 3 on the new TLP server, and if they are it will only be because they are contested. This is just an easily verifiable fact. Stop hating people that are better at the game than you, and join them, learn their secrets (which for the most part they can't keep their pieholes shut about).

Kunark can be done with 1 group, though it has to be pretty much the exact right group makeup and you probably need more than a month preparation to make it happen. Velious can be 1 grouped in era but you definitely need 12 for the initial clear/gearing. And that's with Mit of the Mighty. Get rid of that nonsense and Luclin can probably be one grouped as well. Xegony and TRC are the first encounters where you really get into a "minimum number required is....many" and then time has that pesky time limit that makes it impossible for smaller forces. But in era time can be done with 18 easily, with MoM. Anguish can absolutely be one-grouped in era, though the group needed to do it 1. Doesn't need anything else from anguish, and 2. Looks really, really, stupid. DoDh cannot be one grouped in era. I think. Maybe, maybe I don't know enough about Roley to work out how to do it, and Performer gets....awkward. Sisters is...tedious.

It cannot be stressed enough that the difference on the True Box servers that gave you the experience you wanted was the AOC. Not true box. Big boxers didn't block you from progressing on RF/Lockjaw, it was more powerful guilds willing to do more than you were on open world content, because it was contested. The allegations of mass boxing at the bleeding edge on those servers were widespread yet massively overblown. Indeed, the mass boxing didn't even start until MotM, that stupid revamp of bee, something like two months into the server. If you make a server with pickzones and AoC you will never even know I am there unless you get nosy with the serverwides. I'll spawn my own pick wherever I go, I won't even run across zones in the base pick. That's how the mass boxers now avoid notice on those servers. It isn't a reduced presence, it isn't even different people. The very same people from ragefire/lockjaw that caused you problems played on the truebox TLP's, and you never even knew they were there.

Because it is the interaction between the two groups that causes the toxicity. There are toxic individuals in both camps. But I was never once trained non-stop for weeks at a time by another big boxer. That's the norm for me whenever I get noticed (at least until the first true-box servers launched). Honestly, true box was amazing for me as a boxer. For the first time, I could AFK to make poops without porting my whole raid to a safe zone first. I no longer have to populate my friends list with known trainers and constantly /who friends to see if its time to go. I can take 12 toons to go kill something that can be done with 12, because I needn't worry I'll have to deal with literally every trash mob in the zone dumped on me at once. All because DBG created a place for everyone who liked that playstyle to congregate. All we're asking for now, after several years of waiting, is to have our own place. And we're not even asking for you "filthy anti-boxers" to be banned from the server.

And the boxers that decide to get even when stuff like that happens, well, turning the other cheek isn't something everyone is capable of. I learned long ago it wasn't worth the hassle, but the temptation to just sit on top of someone who decided to start stealing mobs from your camp, despite the fact that you're holding open four other picks, well, if others give in to that temptation then so be it. Likewise seeing that guy that trained you all last week engage his epic mob...it's so easy to just KS it and destroy the item...but no....that path leads to the dark side...

Acting like the true box servers are any less toxic than any other TLP's is just fiction. The proof is in how much better ragefire and lockjaw got once the box haters left. How much were cleric 1.0 's sold for? 20 krono? With the low level mobs you needed to kill perma-camped by the few, and the number of friends you needed to spawn a pick unreachable given that nobody could load up an extra box or fifty. There was nothing like that on ragefire/lockjaw. I thought all the filthy krono farmers were mass boxers? Let's not bring facts into this...

It would be nice to have a boxing-allowed server with AoC's tho. And the holy grail is AoC's with FV loot rules. I'll even take everything else on FV like no common tongue, 1 char per account and trivial loot code. Would a box crew hold down efreeti boots camp? Yes. Would it matter? No, there's a dozen other places to get decent boots on an FV rules server. For that matter, there just might be a dozen other places to get boots on every server. Or gear for every slot. If only it wasn't all flagged no drop, despite most of it being absolute garbage in era (decent for an alt tho! oh well....)
    kjempff, Geoff, Klang and 1 other person like this.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Why not just cut down to 12 and use the money you save from having 6 less accounts to by 11 labtops... i mean unless you don't actually spend money on those 18 accounts.
  11. Nessirfiti Augur

Hm, Funny That says nothing about the spirit of the game. Nowhere in that says "The spirit of Everquest is playing with people how/when/where they demand you play with them"
    That. is a stated desire that's been on every Truebox server FAQ.
  12. Kahna Augur

Now you are just being a troll. There is certainly nothing against the rules about failing to group with others, and no where did anyone demand you group with others. While they may not have said it in so many words, it is pretty damn obvious that DBG thinks grouping with other people is important to the underlying tenants of their game and they want to encourage people on TLPs to do so.

They don't care if it is hard for you to box. They don't care if you don't have extra computers. They don't care if you leave because you can't box on one computer. If they did you would have another boxing enabled TLP. They made a choice to not cater to boxers with these TLPs, and they have made that choice pretty clear for the last three years. They think you should be grouping with other people to accomplish some of the things the game has to offer.

Like I said, I don't care if they do give boxers their own server, more power to them. At this point there are plenty of other choices to avoid them.
  13. Machentoo Augur

You should consider why they haven't converted all the live servers to truebox servers, if that's what they feel the spirit of Everquest is.
  14. revivin Journeyman

I understand wanting to box on a live server that has no one around your level, but whats the point of boxing on a tlp server? if your boxing ether you can find people or you don't want to play with people...
    on tlp server you can find people so that leaves not wanting to play with people... and if thats the case no reason to not be on live server... or maybe you just want to farm kronos to sell and don't care about the game at all really there is no reason to have a box army on a tlp server :X
  15. Kahna Augur

Not really that big a deal. They didn't convert RF and LJ because they didn't want to upset the population already on those servers, same thing for live. It's also entirely possible that they can't convert an already created server to Truebox. Meaning it would be more work than it's worth to attempt to convert them.
  16. ayoforYayoh Augur

IF truebox means more box army players with childish perspectives will quit then....truebox it up !

make the next box the truest box we've ever boxed.
  17. Brunlin Augur

Unfortunately, this is some boxers. I dont suck so actually when i two box in a group I actually play both toons for the group, I dont just heal bot. I can easily box more toons with multiple pcs easily. I dont do it anymore because I want to be social and play well with others. If i ever allow someone in group who is boxing and has just a heal bot for his toon in the group, than he becomes on my ignore list and will never ever group with me again.Now if its outside group i dont care as much. Ill just tell them to Git Gud Bro!!
  18. Stagentti Augur

Lol yeah that's totally why they haven't converted live servers to true box.

Definitely has nothing to do with the headache and resources it would take to do it.
  19. Kittany Augur

For the record, once again, my stance isn't against boxers. It's against the third party RMT people who use boxing as a means to their ends.

But, I'm going to have to call BS on this little section. While I was not a 0 day player, I was on the server within the first few days. MotM was implemented because of the box armies. It was a big deal at the time because the first system wide vox and naggy kills was being broadcasted less than a week after server launch and those first few kills was done with a box army of mages.
  20. Machentoo Augur

This is not correct. There's a screenshot floating around somewhere of the first vox/naggy kills and iirc the raid had one level 38 mage.

Vox and Naggy are stupid easy without MoTM, and mages are not anywhere among the fastest few classes to level, so the dragons were dead long before the mage armies reached max level.
    Tankz likes this.