canceling 4 accounts if one of the 2 new tlp dosent remove truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Feb 14, 2019.

1. mark Augur

So i love boxing because it suits my non north american play times on top i work nights so i play all sort of hours on days off also i go out a .lot if not working etc.
    Currently i run 6 accounts on a tlp with boxing allowed used to run 12 but instances make the extra 6 useless.was planning to box up to 18 and some raids with other late nighters early risers etc,maybe dont aLLOW BOXING DURING AMERICAN PEAK time so you dont overburden the new tlp.Currently all 6 of my accounts are on subs,3 of them on yearly renews.
    If the new tlp are going to be true box since i dont enjoy eq after oow i will cancel 4 accounts keep 2 running and buying a cheap laptop for the second account.i need a healer for my warrior.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

How would you feel about a 2-boxing limit?
  3. Ceffener Augur

FYI, test has AoC. You can have instanced versions of old raids and do whatever you want for free. That seems to be your main goal of wanting to 18 box.
  4. Duladin Lorekeeper

He left out the part where he wants the massive advantage over other people in era and won't gain any satisfaction unless he has it. Good riddance.
  5. Lateryn Augur

Bye? Lol threatening accounts so you can have a box army.

I am quite happy seeing people with 12+ characters to themselves is a rarity on new TLPs. Ragefire and LJ were swarmed with them and it was horrible.
  6. Kahna Augur

If I actually thought making a boxing server would lower the mass boxing population on the other servers I would whole heartedly support you guys getting your own server. I don't really care it you all plunk around running each other out of camps to your hearts content. It won't though, because boxers need krono to keep their armies afloat. You would have an entire server of people who want to sell gear and items and buy krono, but no one wanting to buy that gear or sell their krono, so you would, eventually, migrate back to the servers that have a nice variation of playstyles.
  7. Vorkosh Journeyman

8. Shakara Augur

Besides I find muti-boxers less than athletically pleasing and ruining my immersion. I don't think they are healthy for the game. They don't contribute much to the community. most of the time their excuse is "I am not hurting anyone!" which is fine and all but if all you strive for is indifference why should I care if you are here or not.
  9. Sandrito Elder

Honestly who cares... 4 Boxers don't contribute to helping regular people group and get experience, 4 toons do about as much dps as 1.5 real players, afk at raids all the time, and only benefit is to drive the krono market by farming. I hate grouping with high count boxers, its like me giving my xp to a bunch of afkers.

Go play on live if you want to box.
  10. ECrack Augur

If you want to play with yourself PH is that way -------->
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous and Evade like this.
  11. TimeBreak Elder

12. Evade Augur

That server would be dead. Who besides a handful of boxers would actually roll on it? It's a huge turn off for any average player who doesn't multi box which is the vast majority of players. Honestly though I hope daybreak gives it to you guys just so I can laugh at how bad it fails
    Slinkus Minkus likes this.
  13. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I think the person above who posted about Test having AoCs and no Trubox limits is your best bet. Furthermore, Test is free to play so you can just spin up a bunch of accounts and box to your heart's content. Positive suggestion that Daybreak already offers you what you want.
  14. MarttinPH Augur

I fail to understand your point. Everquest has no scoreboard to compete against. He even stated he doesn't enjoy the game past OoW. I don't understand how boxing would be an autowin button against people that don't box. Whether he gas raid gear or not doesn't detract from the armor/progress that others make. Especially, if the servers have AoC.
  15. Kittany Augur

I told myself I wouldn't post in this thread. That said, there are those who feel the need to have some type of score. Or else you wouldn't have the so called 'hardcore' people all clammering to be the first to do something on a TLP (Or first to control the end game). So, yes. In some people's eyes, there is a scoreboard.
  16. Targin Journeyman

I am personally opposed to boxing, but I think they SHOULD make a non-truebox TLP server. However it should start in classic and have 4 month unlocks. Just to I can enjoy all the drama as several hundred (x18) people fight over the same cramped camps, oh and no picks or AoC.
    Slinkus Minkus likes this.
  17. Nessirfiti Augur

Personally I don't get the whole quitting thing. But You've gotta do what feels right.

Very bored.

Well, Which is it? do 4 boxers not contribute to helping "regular" people get XP or do people group with them?

Citation needed.
    But I'm bored, so lets pretend that you're speaking from experience, Lets take my little minions as example. I run four myself. Rogue Cleric Bard Shaman, with a tank merc and whoever to fill the sixth slot.

My rogue does between 3,000 to 5,000 DPS. my bard does, if she's not bellowing 1,800 to 2,300 DPS in group content. So if you put me up against two equally geared rogues I guess that, Yeah I do do the DPS of 1.5 "real" players, but my group has 1.5 DPS classes, or were you trying to insinuate that a boxer would be totally unable to actually do the ever so difficult job of actually DPSing? Because if that's the way you see it, It's not a four boxing problem, it's a problem with the people you know that four box.

And, really, what does AFKing during raids have to do with boxing? Hell one of our non-boxers has to AFK a ton during raids. I'm strongly of the opinion that a four boxer annoyed you and now you just hate boxers in general.
    MarttinPH and kjempff like this.
  18. Ulain Journeyman

[IMG]
  19. TLP Addict Augur

20. northstar Augur

Currently this is where I am at....

Debating if I will even play EQ or not. kind of hit Burnout mode. I am leaning towards Star Trek Online I have lifetime membership there. and If I play on STO I wont have to dish out lots of real life money just to keep playing and enjoy all there content. STO content is Deep and all of it repeatable lots of nice stuff. and pretty much they abolished Subscriptions, the only type of subscription that they offer is Lifetime now. So for myself its Win, Win.